Chapter 09

#Narrated.

Luke : "Why the heck would you run away from me for? Didn't I tell you we have to talk? You even left your job running away from me , why? Weren't you the same person who was following me around wanting me to date you?! Huh?"  He was shouting.

Hlengi : "Listen Luke, it's not that I'm running away from you but I just had an emergency to attend to here at home."

Luke : "Don't you dare make me a fool !! Siyezwana Hle?"  He roared at a frightened Hlengi who was looking down.

Hlengi : "I'm sorry."

Luke : "Now yell me why you ran away , that you even had to quit from your new job."

Hlengi : "Luke...I...I am pregnant. I was scared that you wouldn't want this baby so I thought running would do. I'm sorry."  Luke's face softened , Hlehle has always been his weakness , he loved her from the time they met which was two years ago but they only pursued their relationship a few months into the second year they'd met. Their relationship was of a new one and it became more alive when Hlengi got a job in Cape Town which was pretty close to Luke.

Luke : "Why would you make me such a bad person?"  He asked sounding hurt , although he may act like a hardcore rude colored guy but he sure was a softie to the important people in his life.

Hlengi : "Our relationship isn't even a year old Luke!"

Luke : "So?"  Hlehle buffs rolling her eyes. Luke eventually leaves and Hlengi goes back inside her home.

MaSithole : "What did that boy want?"

Hlengi : "Aibo mah! He's my boyfriend nje!"

MaSithole : "Ey ey ey wena! Rubbish. You know what I told you to do so you better not mess this up or I'll forget that I gave birth to you."

Hlengi : "Mah! I know okay?! We have a much bigger problem."

MaSithole : "What?!"

Hlengi : "I lied to him and told him I was pregnant. That was the only way to dodge his questions and it worked."

MaSithole : "Don't worry baby , that's a piece of cake."

Hlengi : "Good then , when are your people coming vele?"

MaSithole : "Those people are your family wena!"

Hlengi : "Argh , unfortunately."  She mumbles and walks away.

[...Meanwhile...]

MaDube : "You are a very beautiful young girl Mzukulu wami , any man would be beyond blessed to have you as their partner or wife."

Gabisile : "Thank you Gogo."  She shyly smiles and looks down.

MaDube : "I'm sure Makhathini would be ecstatic to have you as his wife,  he might even make you his trophy wife , make sure you get everything and anything you want phela that man is more than rich."

Gabisile : "Are you saying what I think you saying?" She asks confused.

MaDube : "Atleast you get me , for now we have make sure he notices you. When he starts noticing you , you'll just give him a run around a bit then accept then he'll marry you and make him your jackpot!"

Gabisile : "Yaaaas! Can't wait."  She squeals clapping her hands already imagining this.

MaDube : "Listen my baby , this will be a great deal and breakthrough for you. Look at it as an opportunity to live a lavish life that you've always wanted. That man is filthy rich and I have an idea."

Gabisile : "Are you sure he isn't married gogo?"

MaDube : "Yes my child. You can make him fall in love with you then I'll get rid of him and all his riches will be yours , Just bear him a child and you'll be set for life."

Gabisile : "Really? I never thought of it that way yazi. I can get pregnant then convince him to 'secure' our child's future."  They laugh high-fiving.