Chapter 39

I seriously don't know what's happening between me and Nathi. We haven't spent time alone along together for two months , we only speak about our daughter who most of the time is with her father's mother. I'll be having my cleansing ceremony in Nathi's homestead this weekend. Nathi will be fetching me and his daughter in the afternoon. And yes , I've been in eMandeni for the past two months and my parents are here almost every weekend.

Mkhulu : "I'm not comfortable with all of this." He says walking us to Nathi's car as he was parked outside the yard standing outside his car.

Me : "But aunt is coming nje Mkhulu." Yes , Aunt'Zanele was to drive there after work and most of my family was to drive down on Saturday on the day of the big ceremonies. We finally got to Nathi who had Nkazi jumping on Mkhulu's arms as he was holding her. Nathi took him from Mkhulu and Nkazi just laid her head on his chest after giving him a kiss.

Nathi : "San'bona baba."

Mkhulu : "Ndodana. Make sure my kids are okay and happy all the time , if I see one scratch or if i heard they were mistreated I'll retaliate and you won't like me so much. Am I clear?" He swallowed and nodded.

Nathi : "Yebo , I will make sure baba." He nodsand hugs me tightly then kiss mine and Nkazi's forehead before walking inside the yard. Nathi had buckled his daughter in her seat then got my door for me before getting in the driver's seat and hooted then drove off. I played Nkazi's songs so I could also get rid of the silence. We were singing along to these nursery rhymes because our daughter enjoyed that even her words weren't so clear.

Nathi : "We almost there , we are going to Kokstad." Our baby was long dead asleep in the backseat.

Me : "Okay , I'm hungry futhi."  He smiled then stopped at a nearby petrol station.

Nathi : "I'll be back just now." I nod , he runs inside the store. He came back minutes later with a plastic bag and got in the car then handed me the plastic. He had bought snacks , pies and sausage rolls , juice and

Me : "Purity Nathi?" He shrugged.

Nathi : "Yeah , it's for Nonkazimulo." I just shook my head and ate my food.

#

Nathi : "Don't be nervous babe." He said before getting out of the car and I turned to the backseat and unbuckled the sleeping princess. Nathi got my door first then took out Nkazi and handed her over to me as he got the bags. We had arrived and an old man and two old women were standing by the veranda. We walked towards them and I greeted , they greeted back.

Nathi : "Baby this is my grandfather ,Biyela ; his wives MaDongwe and MaThabede. Bantu abadala , this is my future wife umakaNkazi."

Biyela : "Its good to finally meet you maNdlovu. Our deepest condolences on the twins you lost an we are sorry for Nokwazi's behavior , she's been taken care of don't worry." The wives shared a look with their husband after clearing their throats.

MaDongwe : "You must be tired mntanam. Come and wena Nkosinathi go put those bags in your flat."

Nathi : "Yebo mah." He kissed my cheek then walked off while MaThabede took Nkazi from me and MaDongwe took my hand , we all walked inside the house.

MaDongwe : "Let's have some tea."