Chapter 21

#Narrated.

MaDube : "What does it say?"

Gabisile : "Wait Gogo."

MaDube : "Sorry , I'm just anxious yazi."

Gabisile : "Oh my God! It's positive. I'm pregnant."  She says amazed making MaDube ululate and hug her.

MaDube : "ohhh I'm so happy my child." Gabisile smiles.

Gabisile : "I have to go Gogo , I wanna tell him." She leaves.

Arriving in her apartment that she still is mesmerized by - it is new , Makhathini had bought it for her so they could get privacy since they were always doing it in his house or Gabisile's home. She quickly prepares dinner cause she knows he'll be here any minute. She goes to freshen up and settles for a lingerie and a silk gown on top then go downstairs to the lounge where she finds Makhathini is sitted watching tv.

Gabisile : "Sawubona Mdunge baba."  Makhathini smiles and opens his arms and makes her sit on his lap. They kiss for a while.

Makhathini : "You good nkosazana?" She smiles and nods looking down.

Gabisile : "Yebo , can I make you food? I cooked."  Makhathini smiles widely.

Makhathini : "please."  She gets up and makes him food then serve him with a bowl of warm water for him to wash his hands.

Makhathini : "Thank you."  They both eat in silence watching tv. When they done , she collects the dishes and tidied up and joined Makhathini.

Gabisile : "Baba , there's something I have to tell you."  He turns to her.

Makhathini : "Ngilalele." She clears her throat.

Gabisile : "I'm pregnant." He stares at her for sometime then pull her to his lap.

MaKhathini : "Are you serious? I'm thankful for that , I guess now is the time to do things the right way."

Gabisile : "What do you mean?"

MaKhathini : "It's time you become my wife." She smiles and kisses him deeply as he untied her gown and whistled making her blush.

________________________

Luke receives a message from Hlengi and he frowns then dial her number.

Luke : "Hlehle , what do you mean when you say you lost our baby?"

Hlengi : "I mean just that Luke , I lost our baby. I miscarried and you were not even there." She fake cries much oblivious to Luke.

Luke : "Hlehle , you know I had to work so don't act like I don't care about you. Don't do that."

Hlengi : "You see? You never loved me." She shouts and cuts the call.

Luke : "Fuckkkk!" He screams banging the table with his fist.

Nkosinathi : "What's wrong with you man?" He asks walking in.

Luke : "Hlehle miscarried our baby." Nkosinathi just laughs at him.

Nkosinathi : "What?"  Luke clicks his tongue.

Luke : "How can you laugh bruh?"

Nkosinathi : "Because you stupid! She played you."

Luke : "Stop that and just tell me what you want to tell me."

Nkosinathi : "That was her way of distracting you from asking her questions about that day and you played right into her trap. She was using you , her mother wants information about Gasa's dealings so wena since that's your grandfather , they thought you would be the best person to lure."

Luke : "Fuckkk! How come I never noticed that?!"

Nkosinathi : "You were too busy with her pussy man."

Luke : "Fuck you bruh!"

Nkosinathi : "No screw you man! You've been too damn caught up with this girl and you haven't even went home to meet your cousin."

Luke : "come on man , you know how I don't get along with my grandfather."

Nkosinathi : "so what? Is your grandfather your cousin? And just so you know your 'girl's' mother is involved in your cousin's disappearance and your girl was her informant or assistant well whatever the hell she is." He gulps his glass of whiskey and walks out leaving Luke fuming with anger.