Chapter 01

- 'There's IF in Life.' ~unknown.

Thando : "Girl , table 6 is ready to order."  I grab my notepad & pen then walk to the table that has two gentlemen and three women.

Me : "Greetings. My name is Hlonela and I'll be at your service today."

Woman 1 : "Hi Nela. Can we please have a bottle of chardonnay and a pack of castle lite."

Man : "Please add today's special and that would be all."

Me : "Your order coming right up." I take the order to the front n I wipe the countertops as I wait.

.
.

I was now walking home after being getting off the taxi. Today was a good day for me because I received quite good tips and they'll help me very much with terminating this foetus. If it was under any other circumstances I'd keep this baby but I can't afford to bare all the insults from my grandmother especially since I don't even know the man I slept with.

"WeNoma!"  I quickly rushes inside the yard.

Mkhulu : "Good now that you back , sit down we have to tell you something."  I nodded and sat opposite them.

Gogo : "You know our situation in this house , we need money and your job isn't helping so they'll be changes , No they are already changes. You getting married to Makhathini next week and you better not cause any trouble for us or you'll find yourself homeless." 

Me : "But y'all can't do that mama , that's..."

Gogo : "I'm not your mother! Your mother was a good for nothing hoe who left us with a burden."

Me : "I'm sorry but y'all can't marry me off , it's against the law too."

Mkhulu : "You work with the law now?"

Me : "No but everyone knows that."

Gogo : "It's not like they'd know now or would they?"

Mkhulu : "if you won't do it then don't waste our time , take your things right this instant and LEAVE!"

Gogo : "She must leave , I'll get Gabsile to do it cause clearly she doesn't want to."

Me : "Can I leave tomorrow please?"

Mkhulu : "Uzwile sisi , you don't have a choice now. Leave." I sniff and nodded. I go to my room and get my things then walk out with them looking at me coldly.

Now where do I go with only a R1000 with me? Anyway I hailed a taxi that was coming and it stopped , I got in and didn't even notice that I was the only person inside.

Driver : "Uyaphi late kanje sisi wami?"  (Where you off to so late my sister?)

Me : "Uh town."  He nods.

Driver : "I'll take you there , although I was supposed to be going home now."

Me : "Ngiyabonga."  He nods. I wanna ask but I'm scared.

Driver : "Why are you even travelling this late? Do you know how dangerous it is out here around this time?"

Me : "I..I just came back from work."

Driver : "Mhm."

Me : "Do you know any cheap place for rent around here or in town?"  He glanced at me.

Driver : "So you don't have a place to stay?" I looked down ashamed had nodded.

Me : "Yes."

Driver : "then I might as well drive back with you , we'll look for places tomorrow okay?" 

Me : "Oh that won't be necessary."

Driver : "Relax I insist plus it gets lonely at home."  I smiled faintly and nod. If he kills me then he'll be helping me anyway.