Chapter 15

'Practice being calm when you feel like you being challenged or tested.' ~idillionaire.

Today was my day off so I was planning on sleeping the whole day but I guess not since Sihle asked to take me out for late lunch and I can never say no to free food. Wandi was going home and she went with Nkazi , that was a big relief for me.

So I was sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons while eating cereal when a knock disturbed me. Some people have no shame yazi , like who knocks at somebody's door as early as 8am?! Argh! I open and it's Mandy , I should've known.

Me : "I was about to sleep wena!" She just laughs and makes herself a bowl of cornflakes too and joins me on the couch.

Mandy : "Normal people greet politely first thing in the morning you twit."  I roll my eyes.

Me : "Well you aren't exactly normal so why waste my time greeting you?" She shoves me clicking her tongue and I just laugh.

Mandy : "Why are you even watching cartoons?"  I roll my eyes at her.

Me : "because they interesting." We sit in comfortable silence watching the cartoons after that but Mandy seemed to be fidgety , constantly checking her phone.

Me : "Are you waiting for a call?"

Mandy : "actually....oh yes. I'll be back."  She runs out leaving the door open , I take the bowls to the kitchen and rinse them then pack them away. I close the front door and go back to my cartoons , Mandy barges in followed by a fair beautiful thick woman. I raise my eyebrows at Mandy cause she always comes with guests and forget to introduce them, okay maybe not always but yeah.

Mandy : "Nela this is my mother Fezeka , mommy this is Hlonela."  Her mother hasn't taken her eyes off me.

Me : "it's nice to meet you ma'Fezeka." I say stretching my hand to her but instead she grabs me and hugs me tight while sobbing softly. She eventually breaks the 'hug' and holds me at arms length.

Fezeka : "Oh nkosiyami."  She says softly , brushing my face while smiling.

Mandy : "mama you scaring her."  Her mother just giggles and takes my hand and leads me to the couch. She then makes a call and puts it on speaker.

*************
Fezeka : "Buhle!" I guess that's the other person's name.

Buhle : "Fez , what's up?"

Fezeka : "This is urgent , you gotta get here fast! Please I'll send you the location just now."  She says choking on her sobs.

Buhle : "Okay." They cut the call.

*************

Mandy is now in the kitchen while her mother is holding me tight to her while she's busy on her phone. Mandy comes back with a plate of food in hand and sits on a single couch indulging on whatever she's eating.

Fezeka : "How are you sisi? I'm sorry for scaring you."

Me : "I'm well thanks mah and yourself?" She smiles.

Fezeka : "I'm ecstatic."  I look at Mandy and she shrugs gobbling her food.

Fezeka : "I'm waiting for someone then we can get on with what I'm here for , okay?" I nod at her.

Me : "Okay. I'll go take a bath in the meantime."

Fezeka : "Okay."  I go to my room and undress then go take a quick shower. After my quick shower , I dry my body then lotion , I settle for sweatpants and a long sleeve t-shirt with socks and sleepers. I hear voices when I walk to the lounge , there's another woman with her back facing my direction.

Fezeka : "Oh there she is."  The woman turns , gasps when she sets her eyes on me. She stands slowly and walks to me with tears gushing out , she cups my face

Woman : "Oh my god! You alive. Nomandla is this really you? Oh my God my baby. It's me baby , your mother , Nobuhle."  She says crying then hugs me so tight weeping. She breaks the hug and holds me by my shoulders.

Woman : "Where have you been? They told me you died and when I didn't believe them , they said I was crazy. I longed for you all the time , I cried myself to sleep everyday while hugging the romper you last wore and I still do but they don't know. Everyone expected me to be happy and okay with everything but I just couldn't , I couldn't move on from you baby. I tried everything to prove that you are alive but nobody believed or supported me instead they declared me crazy. I'm sorry I wasn't in your life all these years you grew up but trust me I would give up everything just so I can make up for the lost time. I vowed to never anymore kids after I lost you. I love you so much my baby. I hope you find it in your heart to ever forgive me and let me in your life." She says all this softly while brushing my face with tears gushing out ; I'm also crying.