Chapter 44

Her Wings Unfolded.

CHAPTER 44

Mom's father asked to take me out for lunch today and right now , we are in Havana Grill in Suncoast eating.

Mkhulu'Gasa : "How is Mandy?" Oh Mandy moved to the UK with her father after she was discharged , well she had long called her father and he came. Her father is hot! She kept contact with me and she has been ignoring her mom and Mkhulu here.

Me : "Uhm she's recovering well."

Mkhulu'Gasa : "Are you scared of me?" Eh now how do I respond to that.

Me : "Uhm no grandpa."

Mkhulu'Gasa : "then why do you keep looking down and you haven't looked me in the eye since we got here."  I take a sip of my juice.

Me : "...."

Mkhulu'Gasa : "You see? It's okay. Can I ask you something?"

Me : "Yes?"

Mkhulu'Gasa : "Dube. Has he ever touched you inappropriately?"  I feel my blood run cold at his question. I can not cry right now , no! I keep playing with the hem of my t-shirt and my eyes glued to the table.

Me : "Uh..."

Mkhulu'Gasa : "Don't be afraid. He is in jail." I immediately look up at him.

Me : "Really?" He nods with his jaws twitching.

Mkhulu'Gasa : "Yes , for many crimes including rape"

Me : "He...he once shot a man in front of me then he forced me to hold the gun. *deep breath* He started touching me and when I'd cry he threatened to use the gun to have me arrested for murder of that man. He penetrated me with his...his fingers. He continued having his way but he never broke my virginity , he only penetrated me with his fingers or small objects because his wife always warned him to not take it further because they still needed to use me."  I'm a crying mess right now and I haven't brought my eyes up.

Mkhulu'Gasa : "I'm so so sorry mntanam." I feel him wrap his arms around me , he plants a kiss on my temple.

Me : "I'm over it."  I say wiping my eyes. He stares at me for some time.

Mkhulu'Gasa : "Someone is joining us right now." I nod. "Oh here she is..."  I turn and it's Gabisile.

Me : "Gaby! What are you doing here?" She smiles shyly and greets then sit down.

Gaby : "uhm cuzzy , I just wanted to apologise to you. I'm really sorry for everything especially how my family has ever treated you."

Me : "It's all in the past so don't worry about it."

Mkhulu'Gasa : "Gabisile is actually the one who helped me get those people in jail where they belong." He says after putting his phone away as he was pressing it.

Me : "People?"

Gabisile : "Yes , Dube ; his wife and MaKhathini."

Me : "Uh oh! I thought you adored your grandparents?"

Gabisile : "Not when they damaged me at a young age and definitely not when they were so determined to sell me to some ritualist just because they greedy!"

Me : "What ritualist?"

Gabisile : "Makhathini. MaDube made me marry him , I even have his son."

Me : "Yoh! I'm sorry."

Gabisile : "It's fine hey. I'll be okay."