Chapter 45

HER WINGS UNFOLDED || CHAPTER 45

- Hlonela.

Nathi was taking me out tonight for dinner and he instructed me to be formal and I'm so doomed , well he should be here in twenty minutes but I'm still struggling with what to wear. Mom walks in carrying two boxes.

Mom : "Honey."

Me : *sighs* "mom."

Mom : "What is it now?"

Me : "I feel so big! I can't even find something nice to wear."  She smiles and I shoot her a dead glare which makes her chuckle.

Mom : "And because you have a mother that loves you so much , I brought this for you." I took the two boxes and and opened the big one first , it had two boxes inside. I opened one of them and I came across the most beautiful glittery gold sandals ; I open the second box and it has a glittery gold clutch that matches with the shoes.

Me : "This is so beautiful , thank you mama." You guessed right , I'm already crying. She smiles and ,

Mom : "Open this one now."  I open it and it's a Rose Gold mermaid one shoulder sleeveless court train sequined with sequin slit.

Me : "Mah!" I'm sobbing and mom is laughing at me.

Mom : "let's get you dressed matetema." I shoot her a dead glare.

Me : "I'm allowed to be this emotional hawu." She laughs and helps me get dressed.

Mom : "Your hair!" She shakes her head and starts plaiting simple cornrows then makes me wear a long straight weave and it suited me perfectly then she applies my make up. Almost an hour later she is done and keeps complimenting her work (including bringing me into this world). My phone rings and it's Nathi , mom answers for me and talks to him while I do the final touches.

After a while mom walks me outside to Nathi who was standing next to a black Aston Martin DBX ; looking ridiculously handsome in his Formal three piece slim fit tuxedo.

Mom : "You better bring back my daughter , I don't care of that function will finish at One o'clock but I want her home."

Me : "Mom!" She smiles.

Mom : "Have a great evening kids and take care of my grandchild too." She nods and walks off.

Nathi : "You look so beautiful baby." I blush.

Me : "You also look so handsome babe." He smiles and pulls me to the car , he gets my door for me then go to his.

Nathi : "Mawezingane zami. I missed you sthandwa sami."  He said that looking at me in a way that made me get goosebumps then grabbed my neck and kissed me slowly making me moan. He breaks the kiss and chuckles.

Nathi : "Let's go before I take you right here , right now infront of your mother's house." I was still seeking dizzy from the kiss. He pecked my lips and started the car before driving off.

Me : "Where are we going?" He turned to me with the sexiest look ever and smiled biting his lip.

Nathi : "Cha umuhle umuntu wami." He licked his lips then sucked on his bottom lip making me squirm and blush in my seat.

Me : "Thank you baby!" I whispered.

Nathi : "Why you whispering?"

Me : "You making me horny." I said shyly breaking any eye contact with him , he chuckled and focused on the road.

After a while he parks in front of a beautiful restaurant , written in bold italics *Café La Plage*

Me : "Baby." He pecks my lips and someone opens my door and leads me to where Nathi is standing. Nathi holds my hand and we walk inside after he gave the man in a suit his car keys. The restaurant looks even more beautiful inside with its interior and the dimmed lights. A round table covered in a black cloth with red , pink & lavender rose petals , there are little fairy lights on the floor with makes it look more beautiful.

Me : "This is so beautiful babe!" He smiles and opens the chair for me , he makes sure I'm comfortable before moving to his seat.

Nathi : "Do you like it?" A waiter brings two glasses of wine and a bottle of grapetizer then bows and walks away.

Me : "I love it Nathi." He smiles and nods while filling our glasses with the grapetizer.

Nathi : "Do you know what these rose petal colors mean?"  He asks smirking

Me : "No." I return the smile.

Nathi : "Do you wanna know?" I nod.

Me : "Uh-huh." He smiles and takes my hand into his before planting a tender wet kiss on my palm.

Nathi : "Red is for the love and admiration I have for you and Lavender is for our unique love and my appreciation to have you in my life." I can feel the heat on my cheeks caused by the blushing.

Me : "Nathi."

Nathi : "I love you." The waiter serves us starters which is stuffed meatballs , then Pizza au Poulet then the last dish...

Waiter : "This is French Garlic Chicken pasta with wilted spinach. Enjoy!"  My mouth salivates at the sight of the pasta.

Nathi : "I love this dish."  I love how supportive he is , he never complains about my appetite but rather joins me in my feasting.

Me : "Yeah , it's good." The waiter collect the dishes when we done and serves us dessert which is chocolate fondant. Suddenly ; All of Me by John Legend starts playing softly. 

Nathi : " Hlonela." I turn to him and he's kneeling next to me.

Nathi : "Whenever I look into your eyes , I see a reflection of the two of us and the life I hope we’ll share. I know you’re the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. You are my own definition of a wife so me and you , together forever?" My tears are doing what they do best , pouring!

Me : "Nathi. No , I can't."