Chapter 04

- 'There is an If in Life.'  ~unknown

It has been ten months of peace in UMlazi , sis'Hlengiwe sends me R2500 a month plus my small spaza makes quite an income cause it has been keeping me going and helping a lot. I gave birth three months ago to a wonderful baby girl who I named Nonkazimulo Isipho Mbanjwa , okay we named cause uWandi came with the zulu name. I wanted her to have a zulu and xhosa name just like me. Wandi has been a good friend , she promoted herself to be Nkazi's father , I know it's crazy but she sure helps me , she buys Nkazi everything every month-end. Oh and bhut'Bhekani has also been a good big brother , I'm just happy to say my baby doesn't lack anything even though I have nothing. Bhut'Bhekani is a regular here now and I think he has the hots for Wandi but he always excuses it for seeing his niece.

Wandi : "Can we go please?!"  We were going out. We got in the uber and it drives away , we finally get to the Pav. This is one big ass mall man and it's beautiful. Our first stop was Clicks , to stock up some medication for me and Nkazi since it's almost winter ; then we proceed to do some grocery shopping.

Me : "Why Woolworths though Wandi?"

Wandi : "Because Hlonela , we can mntase."  The she walks in with Nkazi in her arms.

Wandi : "Don't forget the trolley."  I huff and follow her behind. After sometime we walk out of the store.

Me : "I'm hungry now , I'm sure even my baby is."

Wandi : "Whatever and it's OUR baby. Say it after me , O-U-R"

Me : "Geez okay. Our baby."  She nods. We settle for Wimpy. A waiter brings drinks for us.

Me : "we haven't ordered nje."

Waiter : "There's a gentleman who said I must give them to you and he says Hi."

Me : "where is he?" The waiter turns

Waiter : "He was there but I think he left cause I can't see him anymore."

Me : "No than-"  Wandi cuts me off.

Wandi : "Thank you boo." She says already sipping on her glass of wine. I look at her in disbelief and she ignores me. We order our food and it comes a few minutes later.

Wandi : "I think we should go clubbing tonight." I choke on my food.

Me : "You tryna kill me? And no I'm not going clubbing , my baby is too small for that."

Wandi : "Oh come on , let loose a bit and just let your guard down for a little while , it won't hurt I promise you."

Me : "You know I can't help it Wandi , I've been hurt a lot especially by the people I thought should be my safe and loving space so please."  She huffs and rolls her eyes.

Wandi : "Mom is willing to babysit , she's been on my neck wanting to meet my favorite people which is you and our baby."  She says that playing with Nkazi.

Me : "Fine , we'll go."  She squeals attracting a few eyes.

Wandi : "You won't regret it lover." I roll my eyes.

Me : "mxm." She laughs at me.