Chapter 42

Nathi : "Babe , stop worrying so much please." He said as he placed his hand on my thigh ,his eyes glued on the road.

Me : "I can't help it."  He was driving me to hospital , mom called me telling me that Mandy tried committing suicide and she was rushed to hospital. When he parks the car , I run inside and luckily I meet Aunt'Fez by the reception.

Me : "Hi Aunty. Any updates on Mandy?"

Aunt'Fez : "The doctor told us that she is in danger and they were still busy with her."  I hug her tightly.

Me : "I'm so sorry Aunty. She'll be fine though , she's gonna be okay."

Aunt'Fez : "Is she though? Yazi I was just so angry at her and I said things u shouldn't have said , I regret it. I said them out of anger not caring how she took them."

Me : "I'm sure she will understand that you didn't mean them aunty , don't beat yourself up."  She cries heavily on my shoulder. She finally calms down then we walk together to join the others in the waiting area , I greet and sit on the available seat.

Me : "Sis'Hlengiwe!?! Uh hi." I greet her as I notice her next to me.

Sis'Hlengiwe : "Hey Hlonela." She responds looking so shocked.

Mom : "Y'all know each other?!"

Me : "Yeah. I was her housekeeper when the Dubes chased me out." Only Wawa knew my whole story well not really the entire story. Hlengiwe smiles awkwardly.

Mom : "She is your cousin sister , your uncle Mthoko's child. We just found her."  What? I turn to a now so shy Hlengiwe as she is looking down playing with her hands.

Me : "Oh?"

"AMANDA MCKENZIE?" It's the doctor.

Aunt'Fez : "How's my Baby?"

Doc : "We managed to drain and flush all the pills she consumed. She took some quite dangerous pills and unfortunately her child didn't make it. We cleaned her womb too. She will take time to fully recover and is really suggest some strong counselling for the young lady." Aunt'Fez just wails in her mom's arms.

Me : "Uh Can we see her please?"

Doc : "Very well , follow me. She is awake." We all follow behind the doctor. Immediately when we reach her door , she turns to us and frowns.

Me : "Mandy?"  I rush to her side and hug her , she sobs so painfully holding on to tight on me. When she calms down she turns to the family.

Mandy : "Can you all please get out?" She's holding my hand so tight with her shaky hand.

Aunt'Fez : "Sthandiwe please."

Mandy : "No mama! Isn't this is what you wanted with your father? I hope you happy."  Aunt'Fez looks down in shame , they turn to walk out.

Mandy : "And Mkhulu. Don't worry there's nothing thing me to Lani anymore so it's fine."  When they all out the door , she buries her face in my stomach and continues sobbing painfully. I end up getting in bed with her , she falls asleep after sometime.