Chapter 47

I was woken up by Nkazi's blabbering noise and my mom giggling. I buried myself deep in the covers and turned away from them , my mom slaps my butt.

Mom : "heeeey wena vuka! Hawu we here to wake you up." I groan pushing the covers away from my body and sit up while mom laughs at me. She pulls me to her and kisses my head.

Me : "Ay mah!"  I'm really annoyed and it doesn't help that my son was restless and kept me up all night.

Mom : "What?! I missed my babygirl hawu!" I roll my eyes cause I know she's doing it on purpose to annoy me.

Nkazi : "Mama!"  She crawls to me and I take her into my arms kissing her and she snuggles in my arms.

Mom : "Lets go have breakfast." I nodded and went to the bathroom to freshen up leaving Nkazi and mom sitting on my bed. After showering , I find my bed made and clothes laid on the bed for me. I get dressed then make my way to the kitchen where I find my parents kissing , I clear my throat.

Dad : "Hey angel."  He says hugging me and kisses my forehead and I frown.

Me : "Eeuw dad!" I scrunch moving away from him and they both laugh at me.

Mom : "Come sit and eat baby. Your father is taking us out."  I sit down and mom places a plate of full breakfast and a cup of tea.

Me : "Thank you mommy." She smiles. We eat breakfast with mom and Nkazi constantly arguing about noting really and dad stealing glances at me.

Dad : "How are you babygirl? Like really?"

Me : "It's hard dad but I'll be fine."  He nods and kisses my head. Nkosenye's cries burst through the monitor and I stand to go get him but dad stops me and goes instead. He comes back shortly with him in his arms and mom hands him Nkosenye's porridge and bottle so he can feed him.

Me : "Let me feed him dad."

Dad : "Hey , eat your food wena! I have more than two kids so I got this." I smile and nod. Nkazi helps me finish my food , my phone rings and it's Nathi's mother.

**********
N's mom : "Nela baby. How are you?"

Me : "I'm okay thank you MaJiyane , unjani?"

N's mom : "I'm still tryna get used to it but it's hard Nela , it really is."

Me : "I know."  I whisper in my shaky voice.

N's mom : "I wanna see you and my grandkids but again I'm embarrassed of how this family treated you just because of your choice. Ngiyaxolisa mntanam."

Me : "it's okay ma."

N's mom : "Can I please have my granddaughter visit me? I miss her so much."  She says in a muffled cry. I look at mom and she nods.

Me : "It's okay , we'll drop her off."

N's mom : "Thank you so much." We say our goodbyes and hand up.

**************

Mom : "Lets go!" She says grabbing her hand bag , I take Nkazi's hand and follow mom whole dad follows carrying my son. We get inside the car and I carry my son then we drive off. Dad starts by dropping Nkazi off , I didn't bother packing for her cause she has everything she need and doesn't need in her grandma's house.

Dad : "We here!" Mom squeals and I'm just confused. We all get out of the car and mom takes Nkosenye from me while dad insists on holding my hand. We were in  The Oyster Box Hotel

Me : "Dad , we just ate we can't be here to eat."

Dad : "Well suck it up baby. Woza." We walk inside and I'm immediately met by balloons white , blush pink & dark pink balloons flying on the roof then a loud

"SURPRISE!!!"

..erupts making me jump. My jaw is on the floor and my eyes are popping out , they start singing Happy Birthday for me.

Me : "Dad!"  I whisper in a whiny voice crying then bury my face on his chest as he brushes my arm.

Dad : "Happy Birthday sthandwa sami."

Mom : "Happy Birthday our little angel."

I honestly forgot that today's was my birthday although I don't celebrate it one bit.

Voice : "Happy Birthday Virgin Mary." I turn and gasp

Me : "Oh my god Mandy!!"