Chapter 17

Plays - 'Stronger by Britney Spears.'

It's been a quite hard few weeks , it was quite a difficulty to adjust to something this big and new. After I was discharged my grandfather never allowed me to go back and stay with Wandi because apparently it's something not acceptable , that man looks scary too so I listened to him. I haven't asked or been told about my dad so I kept quiet. By the way I've been going out for lunch and breakfast with Sihle and I must say he's such a good person and......we now dating (hides). My Nkazi loves the attention she gets from everyone here , my cousins have been very welcoming and nice to me ; the older ones even bought me gifts to welcome me home , it's all sweet nje.

Andre : "let's go." I take my handbag and follow him. He was taking me out apparently. We find mom in the kitchen with Nkazi on her back.

Me : "Are you sure you'll be fine mah?" I ask worried because Nkazi has been sick for the past week and that made her very clingy to me , she didn't want anyone except me so I'm worried she may be a nuisance of she wakes up and I'm not here.

Mom : "Ay chill , I can handle her please wena go have fun okay baby? And wena Luyanda bring my babygirl in one piece please. " I smile and nod. Andre grabs my hand and we walk out to his car where we find Andrew inside. He drives us the south coast {Sun coast}. We go the movies first where Andre buys tickets for the movie , luckily for us its starting in a few minutes plus it's an animation movie. After the movie we go play games , then go to the casino and gamble abit and I lost , Andre lost too and Andrew won R2000 ; so we go buy food and go sit outside by the sea.

Andre : "It's really nice to have our little sister with us , you know. We've always longed for this , we've watched mom battle with herself especially on your birthdays and it was heartbreaking."

Me : "I'm also happy to finally have people showing me such love and warmth in my life."

Andrew : "Well we are your big brothers and that means no dating for you."  He winks grinning.

Me : "Do we share the same father if I may ask?"

Andrew : "Yup!"

Me : "Where is he?"  I guess he caught on when I asked that.

Andre : "He had to be in Mexico for some crucial business , he'll be back soon."

Me : "Are they married?"

Andrew : "Nope! They split but somehow they still act like they together , they just can't move on from each other and by the way he is a great father you'll see."  I smile and nod.

Me : "How old are you guys?"

Andrew : "I'm 27 & Andre is 25 , you are 20 right?" I nod. Wawa calls me and we talk for a little while then cut the call.

Me : "My friend wants us to go out tonight."  I tell my brothers looking at them.

Andre : "You mean that cool girl you lived with?"

Me : "Yeah."

Andrew : "Oh we game!"

Me : "She'll come with Mandy."

Andre : "Let's go to her place and we'll leave together cause if we go home , mom won't let us go." We all agree and go.

*
*
*
*
*

We were in a club called Envy , it was me , Wawa , my brothers , Mandy , Thando , Zama and Sedi. They have been forcing shots down my throat since I didn't want to drink , I'm just worried about my baby. Anyway Sedi has been suddenly acting all nice to me and throwing herself at my brothers.

Thando : "Come let's go dance!"  She screams grabbing my hand as a naija song comes on , we join the crowd and dance holding each other and I'm actually having fun.

Thando : "Let's go get some shooters."  We go to the bar and order shooters that we both drink then order another set of shooters for everyone in our table.

Andre : "Where have you guys been?"

Thando : "Dancing Luyanda." I feel drunk now , I excuse myself to the loo and luckily it's empty so I do my business then get out. I bump into someone in the passage

Person : "Hey hey are you okay?"  His voice sounds so deep and lazy , I look up and it's some guy. I feel my blood run cold when I see his face , he looks exactly like my baby ,  I gulp then walk back to the others fast.

Wandi : "Babes are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."  I stare at her , I think she also has a small resemblance with my baby ; okay that's it I'm drunk.

Zama : "You good?"  She nudges me handing me a glass of cocktail.

Me : "I'm okay."  I grab the glass and gulp it. A waiter comes with an ice bucket of two Moet & Chandon and a brandy.

Andrew : "We didn't buy this."

Waiter : "It's happy hour and it's on the house."

Wandi : "What? Then let's drink guys."  She screams already opening and pouring for herself. I turn to Thando next to me.

Me : "Please come with me? I want to call mah and check on my baby."

Thando : "Let's go."  We go outside and I make that call , mom assures me that she is good and she hasn't given her any trouble then we cut the call. We turn to walk back and that guy from the toilets is behind us.

Him : "Can I please talk to you? Please."  I look at Thando.

Thando : "You'll find me inside cuz."  And this dummy goes. I turn to this guy and he looks nervous.

Me : "Talk please before my brothers come looking for me."  He nods.

Him : "I am Nkosinathi , can we please go talk in my car? It's cold and the noise too?."

Me : "fine but you better be quick."  We get in the backseat of the his car.

Nkosinathi : "I still remember you. I remembered you every single day. I'm sorry for taking advantage of you , that was barbaric and idiotic of me. I..."

Me : "No you don't have to apologize , we both were drunk and I let you right? So don't sweat it."  He gives me a small smile and nod.

Nkosinathi : "I've been feeling bad about it since that night you know?"  I nod.

Me : "And you left me pregnant by the way."  He smiles at me.

Nkosinathi : "I guess my sperm is strong."

Me : "I guess , I mean I'm a virgin mother."  We both laugh.

Nkosinathi : "I had been trying to get help for you because I was really touched when you told me your story and how you lived in that place."  I smile.

Me : "Well they wanted to marry me off and I refused so they kicked me out."  I say shrugging , he nods.

Nkosinathi : "I'm happy that you got away from that environment. Anyway how's my baby?"  I look at him.

Me : "She looks like you and uyaphapha , I think ukuphapha also comes from you."  He chuckles shaking his head.

Nkosinathi : "Can I have your number? I'd like for us to go out with our baby sometime."  I nod. He kisses the corner of my mouth.

Nkosinathi : "Let me walk you back."