Chapter 33

I was in eMandeni visiting my father's parents since it's holidays , Nathi was sulking even though he'll be leaving for Russia -a business trip he said. I've never asked him about what he does for a living. We were both okay now , he broke off his friendship with the girl and set some boundaries with her and I was there but I didn't involve myself. The girl was quite angry though , I'm sure she even wished to break my bones.

Mkhulu : "Are you happy?"

Me : "I'm at my happiest. I don't think I've ever been this happy , I have a daughter that is my everything , I finally have a loving family and... yeah. I've never known love , I was always left out and lonely."

Mkhulu : "I'm happy if you happy. Do you wanna know why you my favourite?"  I giggle and nod. We were chilling under his big mango tree , eating Yams & sweet potatoes (amadumbe noBhatata).

Me : "Yes please."

Mkhulu : "Besides the fact that you reminded me of my mother when you were born , you my only granddaughter."

Me : "I reminded you of your mother?"

Mkhulu : "Yes. When you were born , you looked exactly like my mother - you were born on her birthday and it was raining. It is believed that rain is a sign of blessings so you became my blessing. I named you after my mother , Amyoli -which means the clan is happy. I knew our ancestors were happy , you know why?"

Me : "No?"

Mkhulu : "You were the first female after not having any females in the Ndlovu clan for the past 50 years."

Me : "Really? From both your mother and father's side?" He chuckles.

Mkhulu : "No , my father's side , kwaNdlovu."

Me : "Aunt'Zanele?"

Mkhulu : "Long story but I'm her stepfather."

Me : "oh wow! Your mother wasn't Zulu?" He smiles.

Mkhulu : "No ebenguMxhosa. UMaTshawe. A very stubborn xhosa woman who drove my father crazy."

Me : "Wow."
  I nod chuckling , he excuses himself. Nkazi stumbles her way to me and lays her head on me hugging my legs , I pick her up and put her on my lap , little missy puts her hand in my t-shirt and tries taking out my breast.

Me : "Nkazi no!" I warn. She just continues and then starts sucking , well my breasts still have milk and Nkazi sometimes demands it. She's two years old now. I notice that she's starting to fall asleep so I start rocking her.

Andre : "Isn't she a bit old for the breast? Or she's doing something her father always does?"  I laugh.

Me : "Mxm no! I breastfeed her sometimes. Where are you coming from?"  He grins.

Andre : "Had some dzick appointment , you know?!"  I scream a bit too loud , startling my baby. He laughs.

Me : "I knew it !! I knew it!" He laughs and shoves me playfully.

Andre : "Just shut up before you get me in trouble with the oldies." 

Me : "So you gay?! I mean it's pretty obvious though."

Andre : "Shut up! And I'm masculine gay so don't lie. Nobody knows besides you hun." I giggle.

Me : "Right! Just don't steal our boyfriends please." He laughs.

Andre : "Your man is pretty scary though so I wouldn't."