Chapter 12

JIMIN~

As I turned the corner of the store, Jungkook was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, "She's pretty."

"What are you, following me now?" I asked, walking past him.

I could hear him chuckle as he walked beside me, "Father asked me to keep an eye on you."

For fucks sake, "Think he meant without me knowing."

Jungkook scoffed, "What are you doing at that store anyways, you already have a phone."

I can't let him know that Lena is here in California. It's bad enough he knows I fed off someone, "It got wet in Hawaii."

"Ah, Hawaii. Where you met that mortal...and drank her blood. I can still smell it on you, you know. Father did too, and he's not happy." Jungkook explained.

I stopped in my tracks and faced him, "Jesus, Jungkook. What do you want?"

"I want to be respected, brother." He answered.

I laughed, "I'll never respect you. You and father." I turned and walked away with my assistant.

The hell with him. I'd never think of him as anything other than my brother. He's too young and naive. He doesn't understand what he's getting himself into.

LENA~

It was my break time and Nat and Sadie came by to visit me. Felt nice to finally talk to someone I know.

"What? He's here? In California?" Sadie asked.

I nodded, "Yup."

Nat shook her head, "Damn girl. Having a fling in your hometown is never good. I'd know."

We know...

"Well, maybe you won't run into him again." Sadie said.

"Sadie...he knows where I work." I pointed out.

"Oh...yeah." She said, biting down on her nail.

"Just get a new job." Nat said easily.

"I just got this job. I'm not quitting now."

Nat shrugged, "I don't know what to tell ya then. Just be careful. Call us or go hide in the bathroom."

I guess I could do that.

"Well, I gotta get back.  My break is over in 2." I informed them.

We all got up from our table and hugged.

"Stay safe, Lena." Sadie said, letting go.

I smiled, "I will, I promise."

As I watched them walk away, I started to think strong. Yes, he lives and works here too. Doesn't mean we could run into each other anytime soon.

I was making my way back to the Apple store when I was stopped by a young man with short brown hair.

He smiled gently, "Oh, sorry."

"Don't be." I said kindly.

He looked as if he wanted to say something else, "You work here?" He then asked, pointing at my shirt.

I looked down and realized he was talking about my blue uniform shirt, "Oh, yeah."

"I'm not...making you late am I?" He asked.

I didn't want to say yes. It would sound rude, "No, not at all." That was a complete lie though.

He nodded, "Would you...like to have coffee...maybe." He hesitated and we both laughed, "Or...I don't know...what do you like?"

"Uhm...coffee sounds good." I said, smiling.

Shit...why am I being so nice? I have to be at work in one minute. I can't be late on my first day. Too late now, basically told the guy I'm free.

"Great." He said with a smile.

We walked the opposite way from my work and my stomach twisted.

"So...what's your name? If...that's okay?" He asked with a chuckle.

"No, yeah...that's okay. Uhm, it's Lena." I answered.

Why was I stuttering?

"Lena huh?" He said, smirking.

I nodded, "Yeah...and yours?"

We stopped at a store and he smiled, "Jungkook."