Chapter 67

LENA~

Even though Jimin and Tae were trying to comfort me about the party, I still felt uneasy about the whole thing. It was like my gut was telling me something. Warning me that something's going to happen.

The atmosphere in the car felt off as well. I couldn't understand the switch of moods from Jimin. The other day, he didn't talk much and seemed aggravated. Then Tae is silent more than ever. Sure he puts a comment in here and there and a small joke, but not enough to make me laugh with tears in my eyes.

Maybe Adeline will fill me in on the deets about the congress and just maybe...I'll calm down and try to have fun. The last party I was at, I was human in a room full of vampires. Now, I'll no longer be an outsider and have to worry about getting killed by anyone.

The car came to a stop and Tae seemed like he wasn't sure about tonight

The car came to a stop and Tae seemed like he wasn't sure about tonight. The way he looked at the place, his eyes furrowed as he peeks at me through the rear view mirror.

Jimin on the other hand seemed to hasty. Right when the car stopped, he got out and was already at my door and helping me out.

My red dress slipped over the edge of the car as I step out, holding onto Jimin's hand. I looked up to see the tall building that was so bright from the overly displayed lights.

Tae walked around the car as he locked it and smiled at me, "Here we are. You ready?"

It was odd that Tae kept asking me questions like this one. It was as if he wanted to make sure I was doing okay. Why wouldn't I be? I'm about to meet vampires highest people in their entire population. At least Jackson is the main leader in the congress. Knowing that makes me feel at ease. Although, I wonder if he's here. He left the palace so quickly and urgently just to find more of the infected. Did he ever find any? Will it be announced tonight? Or will they keep it a secret?

As we approached the mansions doors, two men opened them to reveal the bright and golden main hall. My heels clanked with each step. They resembled a heart beat way too realistically. It made my cold skin sweat.

"Lena!" Adeline squealed, rushing to me with open arms

"Lena!" Adeline squealed, rushing to me with open arms. She hugged me tightly and I did the same. It felt good to see a familiar face.

"Adee. I'm so glad you're here." I said with relief.