Chapter 45

JIMIN~

I rested my arms over one of the chairs in the dinning room. The table had been set neatly and properly. Jackson had gotten help from his staff to prep the side dishes and drinks. A night like this, we'll need all the help we can get.

"Stop looking so down," Taehyung said, approaching me as he slapped my shoulder, "You're making me think this whole thing is a mistake."

I rested my chin on my arms, "What if this is a mistake?"

"You aren't having doubts already, are you?" Taehyung then asked, standing at my side.

How could I not? Lena is to meet my father once again as human. Not only him, but my family. She'd be the only one breathing tonight. I was afraid that if her heart began to beat wrong, they'd pounce within a second.

"Is it wrong to worry?" I asked, turning around as I watched the staff carry in platters.

"No, I just think you should have faith for tonight." Taehyung walked forward and placed his hand on my shoulder, "If not for the dinner, then have faith in Lena."

"It isn't Lena that I'm worried about. I mean, yeah I worry about her but I'm afraid my father will put an end to all this." I said, narrowing my eyes down at my shiny black shoes.

"What? That he'll kill her or that he will end the law that forbids you two from having a relationship?" Taehyung than asked.

"I worry it'll be the first one." I said, glancing at him.

Taehyung nodded as if he too was worried, "Me too, my friend."

"Nothing good will come tonight if you keep that kind of mindset." Jungkook said, entering the dinning room.

How could he show his face to me after what he said to Lena last night? Sure, I'm not mad but it still bothered me that he feels for her.

"What made you so confident all of a sudden?"Taehyung asked, leaning against the table.

Jungkook glanced at me, "Lena needs all the confidence she can get." He narrowed his eyes and I could tell he wanted something.

Taehyung crossed his arms as he squinted at Jungkook, "Never thought of you as the caring type."

"So I've been told." Jungkook snapped, glaring over at Taehyung.

" Jungkook snapped, glaring over at Taehyung