Chapter 59

~Risky Fling~
             ~A New Me In A Familiar Home~

                               ~Risky Fling~             ~A New Me In A Familiar Home~

LENA~

The flight back to California seemed a bit nerve wrecking. I was going back to where I grew up as a human, alive and breathing. The place where my skin radiated warmth. Starting today, I'll be coming back as someone else. A walking corpse whose hunger begs for blood. I just hope I'll be able to contain those strong urges.

Jimin had dropped Tae off on the way to my dads. Now, we were sitting in front of a home where my childhood took place. The past where my parents weren't divorced and when Tyler was born.

I would have gone back to Sadie's, but I wanted some time with my dad and brother without my mom yelling at me all the time

Jimin takes hold of my hand as I stare out the window towards the two story house, "You okay?"

I breathed out and looked over at him, "Yeah, it's just," I looked back over at the house, shocked to see it in good condition still, "This house brings back so many memories."

"Good ones, I hope." Jimin says, chuckling nervously.

I looked over at Jimin who smiled sweetly, "The only memories I choose to remember."

Jimin's expression saddens and lifts my hand to kiss at the top of it, "I'm sorry..."

I chuckled, "Don't be. My dad made sure there were good ones."

"Would you like me to come in and meet him?" Jimin asked. The thought of Jimin meeting my dad hadn't crossed my mind.

"Is that allowed?" I asked, referring to the fact that my dad is human.

Jimin raised an eyebrow, "Does...your dad know what I am?"

I shook my head with honesty.

Jimin smiled, "Then it's allowed."

I smiled from Jimin's playfulness. I'll certainly miss our alone time at the palace. Not the beginning of course when everybody could hear what I said to him.