Chapter 36

LENA~

"You will absolutely love this." Adeline says, taking hold of two tall doors. She glances over her shoulder and grins, "Get ready to be mind blowned."

She pushes the doors forward, revealing a large room full of shelves and books.

There were two floors. The floor on top had a balcony and spiraling stairs leading up to it.

 The floor on top had a balcony and spiraling stairs leading up to it

I gasp from the unexpected beauty, "Oh, my god." I chuckled from being surprised, "This is incredible."

Adeline clasps her hands together, "It certainly is." She smiles big and catches herself in a daze. She quickly turns to me, "Now, over here is fiction, non-fiction, novel, fantasy fiction, mystery blah blah blah and to the right, is the Mythology, Legends, Contemporary literature," she chuckles and looks at me, "I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for in here. It has almost everything."

I gaze upon the arched dome ceiling, the large windows and the balcony leading to the second floor. It certainly was bigger than any I've ever seen, "Yeah, no kidding. Are there books on...history of..."

"Coldbloods? Yes, there is actually. It would be to the right on the second floor. You can't miss it." Adeline informs me.

"Wait, you're allowing me to read it? Isn't that against the rules?" I asked.

"For a human to read the truth of our history? Yes, but since you'll be one of us soon, I don't see a problem." She says, shrugging and smiling.

All of this was strange, knowing I'd be a one of them, getting to know their history. It's all really come down to this. I don't think I'd ever get use to it. Maybe after a few years, I might. No, not even in a few years.

"Well, if you need anything, say my name. I can hear miles away." She chuckles and walks out of the room with her hips swaying and her heels meeting the tile floor before the doors close shut.

I turn back around to take in the huge library. It's majestic pillars and carved in arts. It was indeed a beautiful sight. The inside looked like it belonged in a museum.

I walked up to one of the pillars and pressed my finger against it before gliding it down and away. I looked at my fingertip and it had white ash on it. I wonder how old these are.

I headed towards one of the spiraling stairs. It didn't look steady at all. I decided to test it and press my weight on one foot at the last step. It creaked but held. I grabbed onto the railing and carefully went up the stairs.

 I grabbed onto the railing and carefully went up the stairs