Chapter 66

JIMIN~

Taehyung looked like he had something to say, but we didn't have time for chit chat and catching up. It was obvious that he had seen the ring. I turned and headed towards the rooms that were around the stairs. I was hoping that Tae wouldn't ask about it if he did see it. But knowing him, he'd most likely question it.

"Uhm, Jimin." Taehyung called out, making me puff air out. Oh, how I wished I was wrong. Then again, Tae is my closest friend and I've told him literally everything. But some things aren't always meant to be shared.

I turned and looked at him and acted dumb. "Hmm?"

Taehyung went into thought, "Tell me I'm wrong, but is that your mothers ring Lena's wearing?" He asked, crossing his arms.

So, he did see it.

It was too late to deny anything. Nobody in my family would lend out that ring so easily. Especially since it was something special to Jackson. After it was passed down to my father, he hid the ring and disliked the idea of me marrying because he thought it would distract me. Jackson was the only one who wanted me to have it, but father made me keep my mouth shut.

"I... proposed to Lena." I said, placing my hands in my pockets and turning to look at Tae.

Tae didn't look amused, "Well, that's great." He said, acting as if he wanted to hear more. Was he not at all excited? He likes Lena so much, I was expecting a loud cry or something, but not bland expression.

I nodded, "Yeah." I said, smiling and trying to head back towards the direction I was going.

"Aren't you happy about it?" Tae then asked, catching me off guard.

I stopped and sighed out, irritated because I didn't want to be late for tonight, "What?" Why would he question me on that? It's Lena we are talking about, why else wouldn't I be happy? Besides, it's not that I'm thinking about. I've come to a decision that might help Lena and I with the congress and maybe even my father. If it were even possible to make him happy.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you guys. But why did you look so disappointed when you said you proposed?" Tae asked, glaring into my soul.

I scoffed, shaking my head and heading down the hall. Tae followed, annoying me, "Tae, I don't know what you're worrying about." Does he think I've fallen out of love or something? After all I've done to be with Lena, he's questioning MY feelings for her?

"Well, I hope nothing. Because when someone proposes, they are usually happy, and I saw zero sign of that on you." Tae accused me, making me stop in place.

"Taehyung, there are other things on my mind right now

"Taehyung, there are other things on my mind right now. I'm sorry I can't force a smile on my face 24/7 when I have a lot on my plate." I said, opening the door to one of my guest rooms. It pissed me off that Tae would assume that. Lena is the woman I've chose to settle down with forever.