Chapter 38

JIMIN~

I walked along side my cousin Jin, while the others fell behind, stepping on every stick on the jagged ground

I walked along side my cousin Jin, while the others fell behind, stepping on every stick on the jagged ground. Adeline was somewhere in the woods. She would always disappear and wait for the right moment to pitch in. Taehyung wasn't in the mood for hunting and said he'd rather go into town.

"It seems Lena wants to become one of us." Jin said, looking down at the wet leaves pressed down in the mud.

I knew I wouldn't be able to avoid this. It was certain my father wanted her to become one, now my whole family expects it. I know I shouldn't be mad at Jungkook for saying anything, but it should have been me. I feel guilty not standing up for her. I had to be stubborn about it and refuse to turn her. She wouldn't be in any of this mess if I'd just erase her memory. Except, I was selfish. I didn't want her to forget me. I wanted her by my side, and always.

"I don't know why after experiencing what happened at my fathers." I said, looking out at the woods.

"Have you asked her then?" Jin asked, looking over at me.

"She wants to spend an eternity with me." I said, almost grinning of the thought.

"And you?" Jin then asked, tilting his head, almost seeing my smile.

"I want the same thing." I said, continuing to look beyond the crooked trees. Everything around us was damp from the rain. Every now and then, I'd get rain water dripped on me.

"So what's holding you back!" Jin shouts in an almost whisper.

My past was. Thinking that Lena could end up like those uncontrollable cold bloods. I was afraid that If she turned out like me, father would be intrigued. He'd most likely try making her do the things he made me do. I'd slaughter my entire kind if it were to harm her.

From my right, I heard a slight snap of a leaf that had been missed during the rain pour. Then, the following sounds of heavy breathing through the nostrils. It was a vibrating and low sound and I knew exactly what it was.

I placed my hand on Jin's chest and raised my finger up to my mouth as I looked to my left. Jin turned to signal the boys. They all froze other than Jungkook. He approached Jin and I, ready to play catch. Between my brother and cousins, I was proud to say that I could automatically name the beast that breathed around us.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked, trying to hear.

"A buck. He's not too far along from the herd." I softly said, listening close to its deafening and beating heart. I could smell its flesh suffocating around the bone. It's lungs were strong like a large stag.

"I'll strike him down." Jungkook growls, but I grab at his leather jacket.

"No, you will follow behind Hoseok. Keep an eye out for the herd. Jin and Yoongi, you two will circle the stag in case it changes course." I said, letting go of Jungkooks jacket.