Chapter 46

JUNGKOOK~

I made myself comfortable at the table as I waited for everyone to arrive. I could hear faint chatting and then that deep low pitched voice devouring the others. I already knew who it was.

Namjoon.

The main threat of tonight's dinner. If he were to strike first, at least I would of had a plan. The second he decides to attack Lena, I'll send him across the room and take Lena away from this place.

I don't care if it upsets Jimin. It would be his fault if anything happens to her. I don't need his permission to do anything. This is my life and I'm choosing to use it to protect Lena.

My aunt and uncle send me into a quick standing position as they enter the room, admiring the neat setting of the table

My aunt was the first to notice me, "There's my other nephew!" She shouts, making her way to me. She squeezes my cheek and smiled big, "My! you've grown too." She turned and looked over at my uncle, "Jere honey, can you believe it? Jungkook is now a grown man." She shouted, the smoke from her cigarette forming a cloud around me.

My uncle looked shocked as well, "Why, he certainly has."

I pull away my aunts hands, "Please, Everybody grows up." I said, swapping the air to push away the smoke.

"Not for us." My uncle said, "We grow to a certain age, remember?" He asked, pointing at his head.

"Mother! Father!" Jin shouted, raising his arms up as he enters the room.

"Jin, darling!" Auntie yelled, making her way to her beloved and favorite son.

Jin towers her as she hugs him tightly, "Why do you act as if you haven't seen me in ages? You just saw me last week."

My aunt pulled away, "Can I not miss my boys anymore?" She then asked, "See, this is why I don't like them growing. They resent their mothers."

"All boys do because they've outgrown the smothering." My uncle said, taking his seat.

My aunt gasped, "That's not true! My boys love me!"

Namjoon walked in without a word and sat beside my uncle. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking.

My uncle patted Namjoon's back, "This one definitely resents you." He then laughed at his own joke.

My aunt pouted and sat on the other side of my uncle. She leaned forward to glance at Namjoon, "That isn't true. He adores me."

Namjoon raised a glass of champagne to his lips, "All in your head, mother."

My aunt gasped and turned away, her eyes watering. My uncle comforted her in the worst way possible.

"Now, honey. It's not your fault you're overbearing," My uncle said, making my aunt cry out loudly.

Namjoon's cheekbones tightened as he looked up at the ceiling as if he was begging god to end this cruel night. If only he believed in him.