Chapter 13

LENA~

We sat at a small and round table in the coffee shop.

The young man in front of me was actually kinda handsome but he seemed all about himself here and there.

"So uh, how long have you lived here?" He then asked.

How long I lived here? Bit personal, "Uhm...well, ever since I can remember." I laughed nervously.

He nodded, fixing the position of his coffee mug.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'm all over the place. Not really staying in the same place." He answered.

Let me guess, he's rich and has a house basically everywhere, "Oh..." I mumbled.

He leaned in his chair towards me, "Tell me Lena...the truth..." his eyes pierced through me and my body froze, "Do I make you uncomfortable?"

"Sort of." I answered suddenly.

What? I didn't mean to say that.

He smirked and I was able to move again.

The hell just happened?

"I'm...sorry. I didn't mean to say that." I said, shaking my head.

"It's okay. People tend to say things on their mind around me...sometimes they just...can't help it." He smiled big.

Okay...I wanted to leave now.

I stood from my chair, "I...uhm...should be heading back to work."

He touched my hand before it could lift from the table, "It was nice meeting you, Lena."

My stomach dropped from the way he said my name. He made it sound like a threat. He was a whole different person from when I first met him.

He moved his hand and I didn't hesitate to leave quickly.

The hell...

I rushed through the Apple store doors and Kyle turned to see me sprinting in.

He turned and went back to fixing the tablets.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I ran into some things." I said, approaching him.

"I really don't care. It's not me you should be worried about." He mumbled, tapping on a tablet.

"What?"

He sighed and looked at me, "I don't know you enough to care. So stop talking to me as if we're friends." He placed the tablet down and walked off.

I guess my first impression of him wasn't wrong. Maybe the more we work together, the better things will get between us.

I made it back home after work and when I walked through the front door, mom stomped her way out of the living room, "The hell have you been? Laundry hasn't been put up and you think you can just sneak ur keys back and take the car?"

"I've been working mom. And first off, that car is mine. I paid it off with my own money." I shouted back at my mom.

She looked shocked, "Excuse me? I don't give a shit if it was your money. You live in my house young lady, you go by my rules."

"Well, Not for long. With the pay I'll be getting, I'll be out of here before you know it." I said, going up the stairs.

"Good! And don't think about coming back when you find out how the real world works!" My mom shouted but I shut the door on her.

I can't stay here any longer. Definitely after what happened.

I grabbed my phone out of my bag and called Sadie.

"Hey girl. You okay?" Sadie asked.

"Hey, I need a place to stay...just until I get my two checks and I can get my own place."

"Oh...yeah, come on over." Sadie answered.

I felt relieved when she said I could.

I didn't waste anytime and packed up my things and went down stairs, avoiding my mom.

"Lena, where are you going?"

I turned and saw Tyler.

Oh, buddy.

I placed my bags on the ground and walked over to him, "Tyler...I'm leaving for a while because mom and I aren't on good terms right now, but I promise I'll come and visit." I said and hugged him.

He hugged me tighter, "I'll miss you." He said, sniffling.

"I'll miss you too." I pulled back, "I love you. You be good okay?" I asked.

He nodded and I hugged him again before grabbing my bags and walking out the door without looking back.

That was the hardest thing I've done. Surely mom wouldn't let me see him after this but maybe dad can change that.