Chapter 47

LENA~

After Adeline had left, all the confidence within me poured out and disappeared. I wanted to take this tight dress off and climb into bed. My heart was racing through the roof and I was afraid that was going to happen. Now the whole palace will know I'm scared for my life.

I paced back and forth, my hand placed onto my chest. The room was cold, thankfully. If it were be warm, I'd feel suffocated and would back down.

I rushed over to the door and stared at the knob. If I were to open this now, I'd be making my final decision. That I'd be going down those stairs and meeting Jimin's family. Not just any normal family, but a cold blooded one. I am just a human being. A mortal to them. If I go now, I'll be proving myself that I am not scared and that I am ready to become one of them.

 If I go now, I'll be proving myself that I am not scared and that I am ready to become one of them

I breathed out and reached for the door handle and made my way into the hallway. As I turned the corner, I saw Jimin rushing up the stairs. As he looked up, he slowed down and came to a complete stop. He looked me up and down and a small smirk peeked on the corner of his mouth.

I looked down at my black dress and almost exposed skin, "What?" I was confused as to why he was acting surprised

I looked down at my black dress and almost exposed skin, "What?" I was confused as to why he was acting surprised. He'd already seen me earlier today.

Jimin smiled and approached me. He leaned close and kissed my forehead, "You look exceptionally beautiful, mon amour."

I felt my face getting warmer by the second while looking at Jimin all dressed elegantly. I bit down on my lip and narrowed my eyes to my dress, "Thank you."

"There's the main entertainment for tonight's dinner." Jackson said, standing at the other side of the stairs.

"Jackson, I was beginning to worry you wouldn't be joining us." Jimin said, facing him.

Jackson sighed and came down the stairs, "Oh, well you know. I am the hostess of tonight's special occasion." He said, smiling as he looks at me.

"Why do I get the feeling that you're talking about me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jackson snickered, "Come, I'm sure they are all waiting on us." He turned and went down the other set of stairs.

Jimin looked over at me and held out his hand, "You ready?" He asked, smiling with generosity.