chapter 43

"Concubine mother, my son doesn't want to choose a male concubine."

    The young man on the hospital bed leaned against the head of the bed. He handed the medicine bowl in his hand to the little eunuch who was kneeling and serving, and looked at the beautiful imperial concubine sitting beside him. said softly.

    Concubine Duan picked up the brocade handkerchief and gently wiped the perspiration from her son's forehead, frowning slightly, "Silly Tianer, why did the mother concubine want you to choose a male concubine...but your imperial father's imperial edict has been issued , now it's not something you can do if you think about it or not..."

    Concubine Duan knew in her heart that the emperor's decree to choose a male concubine was not for her children at all, but for shocking her mother's family, and even completely broke the mother's family. Back road——A prince who marries a man as his wife is equivalent to a dead queen. Without a son, he cannot inherit the throne, and no matter who is chosen to be the concubine, it is tantamount to saying goodbye to his official career, and even... If Tian'er was gone, and the concubine was also going to be buried. They didn't dare to do anything to the emperor, but Tian'er, who came forward to choose the concubine, undoubtedly became the cannon fodder to bear their anger.

    Concubine Duan felt sad for a while, pity her Tian'er did this for no reason, his illness has not recovered yet, his father is so cruel to him.

    She was full of worries in her heart, but she didn't want to show it to her son, so she pinched her palms, deliberately smiled, and said softly: "But maybe I can really choose someone that Tim'er likes, my eldest son It's so big, even outsiders have never held hands before, and I don't know which family can please you."

    Xia Tian could only feel that Concubine Duan's love for his son had turned into a soft white cloud. During the dowry, he was at a loss. He had never felt the bond between mother and child since he was on Fulian Mountain. In these small worlds, the only mother he knew was the fox who gave birth to him on Fulian Mountain. The mother in my impression was cruel and cruel, but now he opened his eyes and was about to face a woman who devoted all his heart and soul to caring for him. For some reason, he felt a little awkward, so he lowered his head and did not speak.

    Concubine Duan only thought he was shy, because Xia Tian was not in good health. When the Supreme Emperor was still alive, he was specially allowed to be raised in the palace. The set of parenting methods never allowed the maids to "enlighten" him, and even the maids and eunuchs who served him were either old people or young children, for fear that his son would get sick and Yuanyang would not be able to afford it.

    But now, her son, who was pampered in the deep palace and no less valuable than the princess, was about to choose a concubine. Concubine Duan thought, he should be shy.

    "Tian'er is still embarrassed?" Concubine Duan covered her mouth and laughed, and the maid who served her next to her also joked: "Two days ago, I sent the rosters of the children of each family, and the thirteen princes have not been free. Why don't you pick it up now and look through it to see if you like it, the empress will be more comfortable." The maid's name is Yinzheng, she is the servant girl who has been serving Concubine Duan since she was a child, she is a loyal servant, in front of Concubine Duan She is also very close. Others can't say such things, but she can.

    Sure enough, Concubine Duan nodded repeatedly when she heard the words, looked at Xia Tian expectantly, and said: "Tian'er, it's fine to sit on the left and right, why don't you just take a look, mother and concubine have also heard of a few children from aristocratic families, help you It 's good to check."

    Xia Tian raised his head, and happened to meet the beautiful eyes of the noble concubine on the top, his heart was a little sour, although he has been in this small world for a few days, he still doesn't seem to have learned how to face himself... Mother. He has never experienced the relationship between his parents, and he doesn't know how to face such a mother. He also knows that he has been a little cautious when facing Duan Guifei these days, and occasionally Duan Guifei will look at him with a little sadness and bewilderment, probably because I don't know why my son suddenly alienated me.