chapter 132

The door of the house was wide open, and there was no sound from all around. Xia Tian glanced at Sheng Li, who nodded knowingly, and took a few steps back.

Xia Tian stepped out of the old house step by step, but saw the ancient trees in front of him towering into the clouds, and the already gloomy sky was covered by lush branches and leaves, making the forest even more dark and strange.

Xia Tian walked a few steps closer, a little green light suddenly lit up in the dark woods, and then one after another, little tree spirits appeared one after another, pushing each other and squeezing together, but they were confined by Xia Tian's body. Sheng Li's breath did not dare to approach.

Xia Tian waited patiently for a while, and one of the little tree spirits really jumped out. As soon as he saw Xia Tian, ​​he yelled "big king" as if asking him why he didn't get along with Sheng Li. stay together.

Xia Tian waved to the little tree spirit and said, "Come here."

The little tree spirit didn't doubt that he was there, although he was still a little afraid of Sheng Li's aura on the gown, he still stumbled over and stood beside Xia Tian , "What's wrong with Ma'am?"

Xia Tian taught the little tree spirit several times not to call him madam, but the little tree spirit often agreed verbally, but the next moment he would call out "Madam" again, Xia Tian simply refused. Let him go, anyway, there is only one king in this mountain, even if it is a wife, that is also the wife of the king.

The little fox squatted down/body up, and looked at the little tree spirit carefully. He saw that the other person looked as usual, and he didn't see any strangeness when talking to him, not to mention that other little tree spirits could obviously see him, otherwise they wouldn't have been with him in the first place. After giving an order, he carried himself here.

Thinking of this, Xia Tian couldn't help but glanced back at the gate of the house. Since the little tree spirit wasn't blinded by himself, why couldn't his owner see it?

He said to the little tree spirit, "Can you see the king?"

The little tree spirit nodded, and the branches and leaves on his head shook accordingly. He was obviously surprised why Xia Tian asked himself this question, and asked back, "Why can't you see?" To the king?"

Xia Tian thought for a moment, then stretched out his hand to the little tree spirit, "Come, come with me, the king wants to see you."

The little tree spirit immediately trembled, with a very resistant expression on his face, but he obviously didn't dare to refuse Xia Tian, ​​so he could only look back at Gu Lin, as if he was ready to run back at any time.

Xia Tian couldn't laugh or cry. He really didn't understand what Sheng Li had done to make these little tree spirits worship gods but avoid them like snakes and scorpions. In the house, he led him all the way into the house.

Seeing Sheng Li standing in the room, the little tree spirit trembled like chaff, and murmured "King". Xia Tian was afraid that the little tree spirit would faint from fright if he stayed for a while, so he hurriedly asked Sheng Li, " Master, have you seen him?"

Sheng Li looked at Xia Tian for a moment, shook his head and said, "There is no one else in the house except you and me."

Xia Tian's heart trembled, and he grabbed the little tree spirit eagerly Asked with his hand: "Why can't he see you but I can see you? Aren't you a tree spirit?"

The little tree spirit shook his head blankly, then flinched and glanced at Sheng Li, obviously for Xia Tim asked nothing. Probably because he was too close to Sheng Li, he was so scared that he almost cried, but Sheng Li and Xia Tian didn't speak, and he didn't dare to leave at will, so he could only slowly move back, trying to get further away from Sheng Li.

Xia Tian sighed softly. He really didn't understand why Sheng Li couldn't see the little tree spirit. Sheng Li didn't want him to be so depressed. He walked to his side and hugged Xia Tian's shoulders, bowed his head and kissed the little fox's cheeks. With his forehead, he comforted in a low voice: "It's okay, we..."

Before he finished speaking, Sheng Li's eyes dimmed, and his eyes fell on the ground.

The sky here is gloomy, and the interior of the house is even more gloomy. In the past, Sheng Li was alone and didn't care about it, but this summer, he dug out oil lamps, candlesticks and other things from the storeroom for lighting.

At this moment, a flying fish lamp stood on one side, and the soft light filled the room, and also clearly cast the shadows of the people in the room on the ground—the strange thing is that

Sheng Li was the only one in the room who had cast a lamp. Reflection, the youth in his arms, and what Xia Tian said, the little tree spirit who was looking at him tremblingly, were all reflections.

The two of them had already noticed that the lamp couldn't reflect Xia Tian's reflection, but after studying for a long time, they couldn't find anything unusual about the oil lamp. They could only attribute it to the strangeness of this ancient house.

But in the past, there were no outsiders in the house, so Sheng Li didn't know that the oil lamp couldn't even illuminate the shadow of the little tree spirit. He thought for a moment, and whispered a few words in Xia Tian's ear.

Xia Tian was quite surprised when he noticed the projection on the ground. He nodded, turned and ran out of the door, and went to fetch two little tree spirits whose whiskers were dancing wildly in fright and a body whose joints were shaking. The sound of bones came back.

Sheng Li held the lamp in his hand to illuminate it, and Xia Tian saw something strange when he saw it. The two little tree spirits and bones still had clearly visible reflections, but he, who was standing beside them, did not.

Xia Tian felt strange, he paced back and forth in front of the lamp, and finally just stood in front of the lamp and did not leave, but even though the light fell on him and sprinkled warm yellow, it still couldn't cast any reflection. Xia Tian asked the talking little tree spirit

: "Why do they have shadows, but you don't?"

The branches and leaves gently patted his companion, and tried to squeeze in between the other two little tree spirits, but in this way, only one shadow on the ground came out, and there was no more one.

After a while, Sheng Li let the two little tree spirits and a skeleton leave. Hearing Sheng Li's order, they hurriedly escaped from the old house. During this time, the two little tree spirits fell and entangled each other's roots. They couldn't tear it apart no matter what, they were anxious and afraid, so they simply hugged and rolled out of the house.

The little tree spirit who was brought in at the beginning saw his companions leaving, looked at their backs enviously, and looked at Sheng Li eagerly, wishing he could say one more word to let him go too.

Sheng Li put the oil lamp in his hand aside, then looked at Xia Tian with a questioning look in his eyes, Xia Tian understood, raised his finger and pointed to a place in front of him, and said, "He's still here."

Sheng Li nodded, then looked at the remaining little tree spirit in the direction of the little fox's finger, and said coldly: "You are definitely not a tree spirit, what is your background? Who let you stay here? And who guided you to find Madam?"

As soon as he said this, not only the little tree spirit, but even Xia Tian was taken aback for a moment, and the little fox subconsciously approached Sheng Lihu and cast doubtful eyes on Sheng Lihu. The little tree spirit in front of him.

"I...I..." The little tree spirit was thrown into a daze by Sheng Li's series of questions. In addition, Sheng Li was obviously unhappy at the moment, and the aura around him became increasingly cold, which made the little tree spirit fall to the ground in fright, and opened his mouth But he couldn't say a word for a long time.

Xia Tian was still at a loss, he didn't understand what Sheng Li's sudden anger was for, and he didn't understand why he and the little tree spirit alone had no shadow, his eyes went back and forth between the little tree spirit and Sheng Li several times Turning around, he saw that the little tree spirit looked panic-stricken but didn't show any guilt, and tried to feel the contents of the raw smoke. The branches and leaves that the little tree spirit bet on were still luxuriant, so he knew that the other party had no intention of harming anyone. , so he bent down and looked at the little tree spirit, and first picked the easiest question for the other party to answer.

"Why did you say that I was the king's bride at the beginning? You are not afraid of finding the wrong one, your king is angry?" The

little tree spirit was obviously very surprised by his question, he looked at Sheng Li frequently, and muttered: "Look Wrong? Shouldn't it? But I clearly saw that the person on the top is you... how could you find the wrong person?"

Xia Tian's eyes froze, and at that moment, the little tree spirit felt that this young man was the same person as their king As if, he shuddered, not understanding why they were not happy that he had found the bride back for the king.

"You saw it was me?" Xia Tian stared at the little tree spirit closely and asked, "Where did you see it?"

He knew that the owner had a small building in the house full of his portraits, which was the only pastime that Sheng Li could record time in the past. At first, he painted one picture every day, and then gradually several times a day. There are even more than a dozen of them. In the paintings, he is either frolicking and playing in the form of a fox, or resting and sleeping soundly in the form of an adult, ranging from the little fox like a mud ball on Fulian Mountain to the regent with a python robe and so on. It's all about the details of their past relationships.

But those picture scrolls were all carefully hidden in the building by Sheng Li, and none of them were scattered. Xia Tian didn't think these little tree spirits would have the guts to run into the attic to look at Sheng Li's things, and if they weren't looking at Sheng Li's things in the attic, If he hadn't seen the picture scroll, then the little tree spirit must still have a channel to communicate with the outside world, otherwise he wouldn't have appeared in the ditch of the dead, and pretended to be a child to deceive himself to this place.

Sure enough, the little tree spirit scratched his head, and after recalling for a moment, his eyes suddenly lit up, and said: "Black and white painting! I saw it on the black and white painting!"

"Black and white painting?" What is that? Xia Tian glanced at the little tree spirit blankly, and then asked: "Where did I see it? Is it in this house or somewhere else?" The

little tree spirit pointed to the sky, "It's up! I saw it from above. Someone took a black and white painting and said that they are looking for a beautiful person! The painting is you and the king." After that, he gave Sheng Li a flattering look, trying to prove his loyalty, but it was a pity that Sheng Li couldn't see him at all. His face was still cold, and the little tree spirit retracted his head in fright.

"Above?" Xia Tian thought for a moment, and suddenly understood something. He suddenly turned his head to look at Sheng Li, his eyes were already faintly filled with water.

"Master, why do you say he's not a tree spirit?"

Sheng Li sighed softly, stepped forward and hugged him in his arms, "If I'm not mistaken, this house should be a private house."