chapter 164

After the man was restrained by Sheng Li, Xia Tian jumped out from behind the small snowdrift where he was hiding. He stepped lightly, quickly stepped over the snow and jumped to Sheng Li's feet. Hearing Sheng Li's question at this moment, he stepped on it curiously. He jumped onto his shoulder with the corner of Sheng Li's clothes, stretched his neck to look around, and happened to meet the man face to face - the

wolf fur hat had fallen off during the struggle just now, revealing a weather-beaten and old face.

It was a dark-skinned old man, with deep grooves left by the years on his face, a thin layer of ice formed on his gray beard, coupled with the immobile posture of being strangled by Sheng Li, he looked really pitiful.

However, his eyes were astonishingly bright, unstoppably sharp, even in the state of being completely suppressed. At this moment, he first glanced at the little fox on Sheng Li's shoulder, and then said to Sheng Li angrily, "I know it's the old man, so let me go quickly."

Besides professional forest rangers, the guardians of the mountains and rivers also There are also some folks who spontaneously protect the mountains and forests, and this old sniper is one of them.

The grandparents of Old Sniper's family were monkey-players. In the past, people called the monkey "Sniper", and the nickname for the monkey breeder was "Sniper Gong". This is the fourth generation of Old Sniper; Technology has gradually withdrawn from the market stage due to the decline of the market, but the old sniper still raises monkeys, and the villagers still call him "old sniper".

The old sniper grew up under the Panlong Mountains since he was a child, and he has a very deep feeling for this mountain. In the early years, there was no forest ranger in Panlong Mountain, and the protection of the forest was all up to the villagers. Before the rangers like Sheng Li and the others arrived, the old sniper Grandpa has guarded this mountain for decades.

After the rangers arrived, the old sniper no longer went up the mountain often because he was getting older, but as long as his body allowed, he would still go up the mountain from time to time to have a look.

Sheng Li really didn't expect that the person who took a few shots with him would be the old sniper, so he let go of his hand in a hurry, helped the old man up again, and asked casually, "Old sniper, why did you come up the mountain in this snowy day?" ?"

The old sniper sat down on the snow, picked up his hat, patted the snowflakes on it and put it on again, moved his wrist that was numb from Sheng Li's pressure, snorted, and said: "I heard that there is a snowflake on this mountain?" Here came the restless wild dogs digging food again. I was worried, so I went up the mountain to have a look... After I went up the mountain, I heard a fox barking vaguely, and thought it was those wolf-hearted things coming to beat the fox again, so I came over to see, who I know it's you."

Seeing that the owner and this person knew each other, and obviously they were very familiar with each other, Xia Tian heaved a sigh of relief, and his slightly arched back also relaxed, and he jumped to trap the old sniper. Next to Grandpa's looper, he used his claws to pull the noose off.

"Hey! This fox has become a spirit!" The old sniper's eyes lit up, and his tone that was a bit stiff immediately softened. He knew this trick, and he taught Sheng Li. It seemed simple, but it was difficult to untie it. It takes a lot of effort. If someone who is familiar with the knot does not do it rashly, it will only unravel and die more and more. There is no way to do it without cutting with a knife.

And this little fox cub, who was only a few months old, seemed to be messing around a few times, and he untied the looper.

The old sniper grew up in Panlong Mountain since he was a child, and his family raised monkeys. He knows that animals are the most psychic, so he loves the birds and beasts in the mountains very much. Now that he sees Xia Tian, ​​​​a little fox who understands human nature, he naturally feels better. Huanxi, the reason why he came out when he knew that the other party had a gun in his hand and the friend and enemy were unknown was precisely because he heard the cry of the little fox.

The old sniper knows that foxes are used to living in groups. The sudden cry of a young fox in the snow must have been lost. Seeing that the snow is getting bigger and bigger, the little fox alone in the snow may not be able to survive. For a few minutes, he was worried that the little fox would freeze to death in the snow, so he was willing to take the risk to look for it.

Of course, the old sniper never thought that the one who set him up was the nimble fox in front of him. He thought that Sheng Li had already set up an ambush here. There is nothing to complain about, but fortunately, the two of them were still testing each other just now, otherwise, with their marksmanship, it is uncertain whether they will hurt one or both today.

Hearing the old sniper's admiration, Sheng Li stretched out his hand and scratched the little fox's chin lightly as if rewarding him, but his flat tone could not hide a trace of pride, "Xia Xia is indeed very smart." The old sniper shook his leather

boots Snowflakes on the snow, first glanced at the furry little fox with fondness, then turned to look at Sheng Li, squinted slightly, "You kid has never done anything wrong in the years since you entered the mountain, if it weren't for you Sincerely treat this Panlong Mountain, and I will not hand over my work to you."

Sheng Li was taken aback, and soon understood what the old sniper was implying, he smiled helplessly, and supported the stubborn old man to stand up. Explained: "Old sniper, I didn't catch this... No, it's fine, but he voluntarily left with me." "

Bah, you can run the train with your mouth full." Can a little cub in winter be separated from his parents? It's still such a small fox cub, it's not long since he was born, and he doesn't even know who he is, but you dare to say he's willing to follow you?" He paused, and then he spoke

earnestly He turned to Sheng Li and said, "Xiao Sheng, I know that you take good care of the foxes in Panlong Mountain on weekdays, but...but you can't reach out no matter how much you like them. These animals are wild, not grown up in zoos, so they are just right for you." Running all over the mountains and plains, this Panlong Mountain is their home."

The old sniper obviously recognized that Sheng Li was a stolen little fox cub, which is exactly what ordinary people think, who would know that this little fox cub Sheng Li was identified eight hundred years ago?

Sheng Li couldn't argue, but the little fox listened impatiently. He didn't want others to wrong his owner, so he jumped up to the other's chest without waiting for Sheng Li's explanation. The slightly cool tip of his nose lightly touched Sheng Li's chin, and when the tip of his nose was finished, he raised his head to rub Sheng Li's shoulders and necks again, just like human beings touching their necks when they are making out. Childish Qingming, a snow-white tail kept swaying from side to side, and the old sniper on the side was dumbfounded by that intimacy.

He has been in Panlong Mountain for so many years, even though he has encountered a few wild animals that are close to people, they have never been so close, not to mention such a small fox cub, who is more affectionate and clingy than the monkey he raised since he was a child. people.

Sheng Li also let Xia Tian put on such an intimate posture, carefully holding the little fox's butt with both hands, for fear that his claws would lose strength and fall off when he was a child.

This person and a fox have been close for a long time, Xia Tian felt that it was enough, so he opened Sheng Li's skirt and got in by himself, showing his trusting gesture.

The old sniper came back to his senses, smashed his mouth, and said after a pause: "This Xiaosheng...you didn't take him away before he opened his eyes. Now the little fox When I opened my eyes and saw you, I thought you were its mother, right?"

Sheng Li paused, he was not a fox mother, he was the fox's owner, the fox's Taoist companion.

The old sniper laughed loudly and waved his hand, "Just kidding with you, I can see that this little fox is very close to you, you take good care of it, by the way, such a big cub still needs to drink milk It just so happens that my Erhua has given birth to a cub, so she can help be a nanny or something."

Erhua is the guard dog kept by the old sniper, Sheng Li twitched the corner of his mouth when he heard this, and pulled the curious little fox towards him. He pressed it in his clothes, "Thank you, there is food in the forest ranger, Xia Xia has enough to eat." "

Oh, your forest ranger is not short." The old sniper nodded, and walked down the mountain with Sheng Li and said: "You still gave this kid a name? Don't you... plan to put it back on the mountain in the future?"

According to the old sniper, wild animals should be released into the wild. Someone in their village used to pick up injured wild animals. He was also sent back to Panlong Mountain after healed his wounds.

Sheng Li was startled, and tightened his hand slightly, "No, I will never let him go." "

Nonsense." The old sniper didn't know the actual relationship between the two of them, and he thought Sheng Li was talking to him. He was joking to himself, but just as he was about to say something, he saw the little cub poking its head out of Sheng Li's embrace, as if dissatisfied that he wanted to separate them, and bared at himself.

"No nonsense." Sheng Li pinched the tips of the little fox's ears, and reprimanded him lightly without any dignity.

In fact, the old and the young are not talkative, but now they are talking about animals and Panlong Mountain, but they have something to say. After all, the old sniper has guarded the mountain for so many years, and he has also called a few times to take advantage of the heavy snow. Poachers have quite a bit of experience to teach Sheng Li, so the journey along the way was not deserted.

However, Xia Tian didn't quite understand these set-ups to see footprints. He liked Panlong Mountain very much, and now he can move freely like a fox. Naturally, everything depends on the instinct of the fox family, and sometimes it is more sensitive than humans, so when he feels After seeing that the old sniper really had good intentions for himself and his owner, he stopped being vigilant, and soon fell asleep in Sheng Li's arms.

As the old sniper was talking, he suddenly saw Sheng Li stop in his tracks. He frowned, and was about to ask what happened, when Sheng Li made a quiet gesture to himself, pointed to his chest, and carefully He tightened the collar of his open military coat a little bit.

"Fall asleep." After finishing all this, Sheng Li explained to the old sniper in a low voice.

The old sniper nodded knowingly, but looked at Sheng Li with envy, and said softly, "You talk about me...how come I haven't met such a spiritual kid on this mountain." Sheng Li's eyes were

gentle , looked down at the little fox sleeping on his chest, and smiled, "There is only one such bastard in the world.

" Unwillingly snorted.