chapter 44

In June, the weather changed as it said, the sun was still shining brightly when dozens of children from aristocratic families entered the palace, but after an hour passed, the capital was already covered with dark clouds and strong winds gusts, and it was about to rain cats and dogs.

    "The thirteenth prince, the thirteenth prince, you should add a cloak anyway, what if you catch cold." Several little maids trotted all the way holding the clothes, but they couldn't keep up with Xia Tian who was under the wind.

    As long as he thought that Sheng Li was in the palace several walls away from him at this moment, Xia Tian couldn't sit still at all, and he didn't even think about stopping to add a cloak. It's a pity that he can't transform into a fox right now, and he can run on four legs much faster than now.

    As soon as he ran out of the dormitory, he almost bumped into someone head-on. Fortunately, Xia Tian was overwhelmed by the excitement while still retaining a bit of animal instinct, so he retreated two steps sharply, and managed to avoid it .

    "You child, why are you running around?" The person who came

    was Concubine Duan. She cast a reproachful glance at Xia Tian, ​​and ordered the little maids who were holding the clothes to come forward and tie the cloak for him with her own hands, "You It's better now, and I can't catch the cold."

    Xia Tian's body was raised by Sheng Li's food and drink in the previous two lifetimes, and his body is naturally in good condition, but the "pulse condition is weak and difficult to heal" that is revealed now. It was an illusion created by the blood essence left by Sheng Li in his body, but this point cannot be told to outsiders, and Xia Tian was a little bit greedy for the mother-child relationship of Concubine Duan, so he obediently stood where he was and did not avoid it.

    "Mother Concubine, I want to choose someone right now, let me go?"

    After the cloak was put on, Xia Tian saw that the imperial concubine was still holding a food box in her hand, obviously she came here specially to deliver food to him, but how could he at this moment? What mood to eat? As long as he thought of Sheng Li's life in the prime minister's mansion where everyone was oppressed and had no food or clothing, he would feel pain in his heart.

    However, the palace is heavily guarded and there are many rules and regulations. Now Xia Tian is just an unfavored and sick prince, and he can't go wherever he wants to go immediately.

    Concubine Duan was trying to stop her. After all, it's not the time to choose a concubine. It would be against the rules to go hastily, but seeing her son's begging expression, she softened her heart. No matter what kind of person she is, she still wants to choose her son as the concubine. Yes, anyway, the emperor has already agreed to choose a concubine today. The prince's choice of concubine is no better than that of the prince, and there are not so many red tapes to abide by, so even if you want to have a moment in the morning... probably it's okay, right?

    Xia Tian got permission, and couldn't stop for a moment, and was about to go out immediately. Concubine Duan accompanied him out of the bedroom. The imperial city under the dark clouds seemed extraordinarily deep. Xia Tian looked up at the high palace walls on both sides, He also looked at the eunuchs and maids who were accompanying him, and tried hard to suppress the idea of ​​climbing over the wall.

    When Xia Tian walked around the many courtyards, Sheng Li was standing alone under the eaves, looking at a clump of white wild flowers in the corner of the courtyard, his expression focused as if he was looking at something remarkable, because of the title of "stupid" on his head , so it is not surprising that others saw it.