chapter 185

others, Xia Tian could only set up traps while keeping an eye out for movements around him, and was always on guard against other nocturnal beasts that were attracted by the smell of blood, but he didn't even care about getting sleepy.

He knew that people like Chu Yu were not as easy to deal with as the gang of poachers last time, and Sheng Li was behind him, so he didn't dare to take it lightly.

Xia Tian didn't know what the so-called fox-bite grass looked like, but the red snake fruit was undoubtedly effective. He thought for a moment, then quickly ran back along the same path, and took out another white snake from the bush where the white snake was entrenched just now. picked up a red fruit.

This red snake fruit is half a circle smaller than the previous one, and the top is still slightly green, obviously not fully ripe, Xia Tian quickly ran back to Duantou Road with it in his mouth, and put his ear on the snow again, and within a while He heard footsteps faintly coming from the snow. The steps were a little messy, not as orderly as Sheng Li and the forest rangers.

Xia Tian didn't delay any longer, and immediately bit off a small half of the red snake fruit. The snake fruit melted in the mouth, it was obviously picked from the ice and snow, but it was like a pool of warm spring water gushing down its throat. This snowy day also feels very warm all over.

As soon as the snake fruit entered the stomach, the sound of footsteps was close to his ears. Xia Tian raised his head alertly, and immediately jumped onto a huge boulder next to him. When he lowered his head, he was facing a pair of greedy eyes looking up from above and below.

"The fox holds the grass!"

Chu Yu and his group had just walked to a flat ground under the slope, when they saw Xia Tian's eyes lit up, and one of them pointed to the half snake fruit that was held under the paw by the little fox and whispered.

Old Chen was taken aback, and after seeing the ecstatic expressions of the people around him, he realized that it was definitely not their misreading, but the so-called "Fox Bite Grass" was a fruit, not a grass.

Xia Tian didn't guess wrong, this fox-bite grass is actually a snake fruit, fed by snake saliva, and it is a treasure that can only be raised by old snakes that have matured for many years. The key point is that only the fox family can smell the unique fragrance of the snake fruit, so no other animal in the world can find the snake fruit except the big snake and the fox that feeds the snake fruit.

The snakes are more sinister than the foxes, they will do their best to protect the snake fruit, and once they are forced by others, they would rather destroy it than hand it over. Therefore, the fox has become the only way to find red snake fruit, and red snake fruit is no different from ordinary plants before fruiting, so red snake fruit has an alias of "fox-bite grass".

And if it is not necessary, the fox clan is not willing to confront the snake clan, as they are both predators, it is difficult for them to gain an absolute upper hand, and the fox clan does not feed on snake fruit, so naturally they will not attract snakes' bad luck for no reason.

It is precisely because of this that the vicious poachers came up with the idea of ​​killing young or immobile female foxes, so as to force other strong foxes to look for red snake fruit, so as to get the taste and spread it miraculously. herbs.

Ever since he came to Panlong Mountain, although Chu Yu thought he had made complete preparations, he never expected to find the fox title grass so quickly. He was still half suspicious when he saw the fox on the snake fruit. After the tooth marks, he immediately put down his guard. He has been looking for this thing for so long, so he naturally knows how attractive the fox bit grass is to foxes. After all, this thing means infinite vitality, and the nature of beasts is to survive. That fox only found a piece of fruit but didn't eat it, so he should be worried.