chapter 148

The old locust tree was only just beginning to develop spiritual wisdom, and it didn't have much ability. Now that its roots were torn off by Sheng Li, and after seeing the other party's ability, naturally it didn't dare to be a demon again.

Sheng Li put the little tree spirit's skeleton aside, but he did not leave just then, instead he probed into the hole of the old locust tree with a ghostly aura. At that moment, Sheng Li could clearly see that there was a glistening spot in the hole. The green light is flashing, it is nothing else, it is the place where the old locust tree has devoured the blood of the past souls over the years, it is like the seven orifices of a snake, if it is not destroyed, it can still repeat the same tricks and eat people again Beast essence and blood.

The old pagoda tree sensed his intentions, no matter how much it was afraid of Sheng Li, its survival instinct made it fight vigorously, and the flourishing pagoda tree flowers on the branches became its attacking weapons, and the snow-white pagoda tree flowers that were originally light were as heavy as The stones, even the flower petals were as sharp as blades, and all of them hit the person in front of them.

Sheng Li didn't dodge or dodge, those Sophora japonica flowers just passed through his body, they didn't harm him at all, and once passed his body, they suddenly turned into ordinary Sophora japonica flowers, without any deterrent power at all, Xia Tian picked them up at will. He picked up one flower and put it in the little tree spirit's hand, and patted him on the shoulder comfortingly, "Don't be afraid."

The little tree spirit took the flower and held it in both hands, biting his lips nervously, and his eyes fell on the bones beside him— —That...that was my own bone.

On the other side, Sheng Li had already taken out a shiny green bead from the tree hole. Although it was transformed from foreign essence, blood and resentment, it looked bright and round in appearance, which was quite cute.

The most important pearl of the old locust tree was held by Sheng Li in his hands. He was startled and angry for a moment, but he couldn't help Sheng Li at all. He could only lie down and show a sad posture, while crawling the branches and leaves that were waving arrogantly before. He made a posture of worship, while shaking the tree body gently, as if crying out in mourning.

Xia Tian looked at it from behind, and said: "It really has become a spirit. There is no sufficient spiritual energy in this place, and there are no powerful monks to point it out. It can actually explore and cultivate spiritual wisdom. This locust tree spirit is very powerful."

Sheng Li glanced at him sideways, and said, "You can't compare to my vixen."

The little tree spirit didn't know who the "fox spirit" Sheng Li was talking about, so he just looked around blankly, did the king still raise foxes?

Xia Tian couldn't help laughing, "Of course it's not as good as it is."

Sheng Li also smiled, tossing the bead in his hand, and lightly kneaded it into powder.

Although the green beads were bright on the outside, when they broke open, they gave off a strong stench, even the scent of the locust tree flowers in the locust tree forest could not be concealed, the smell made the little fox sneezed several times and tightly covered his mouth and nose.

The old locust tree has completely lost its vitality. It has turned yellow and withered from the top of the leaves. It has sucked the flesh and blood of many passing animals over the years. It was a hollow dead tree, the leaves fell one after another, and the branches withered and shrank into a ball. It died completely, and could no longer harm others.

After finishing off the old pagoda tree completely, Sheng Li said to the little tree spirit: "You have a complete soul now, but can you still remember your own name? We will bury you and erect a monument so that you can be reincarnated.

" It is the foundation of a person's soul. The three souls and seven souls are all based on their names. If you forget your name and can't remember where you came from, that soul is a lonely ghost. It can only wander between heaven and earth, but it cannot enter reincarnation.

Originally, Sheng Li and Xia Tian saw that the little tree spirit looked about six or seven years old, and although his speech was a bit upside down, he was still organized and clear. They should remember where the name came from, but the little tree spirit nervously clenched the fist in the palm of his hand. Sophora japonica, it took a while to stammer: "I, I can't remember... I can't remember my name, I can't remember where I live."

After finishing speaking, afraid that the two of them would not believe it, the little tree spirit hurriedly explained: "I didn't lie to the king. I ran again at that time, and when I woke up in the woods, I couldn't remember the name... So I, after I was arrested again, I didn't know where to run, and I didn't know where to go." I remember the name, I just listened to those people singing me the song of Dead People's Valley, saying that if I run, I will be beaten to death. I tried to run, but I couldn't get out of this village, I could only run around on the ground..."

Sheng Li Wei nodded, and said: "You were considered alive and out of body at that time, and your body is still here, so naturally there is no way to leave the ditch of the dead."

The little tree spirit said "ah" ignorantly, and then looked at Xia Tian with embarrassment, "Later, I saw those people saying that they wanted to find a bride for the king... I wanted to repay the king, so I took my wife away." It's gone."

"This..."

The two looked at each other, and Xia Tian thought to himself, no wonder, the little tree spirit wanted to run even after his limbs were broken, but when he met Xia Tian, ​​he refused to run with him, and instead sent him away. Brought to the shade house.

Now that the little tree spirit couldn't remember where his name came from, the two of them naturally couldn't just leave him, otherwise he could only continue wandering in this dead man's ditch, it's really pitiful.

Sheng Li thought for a while, and after discussing with Xia Tian, ​​the two decided that if the little tree spirit wanted to, they would take the little tree spirit out of the ditch of the dead. It is better for a Taoist monk to save him than to wander alone in the world.

Xia Tian patiently explained to the little tree spirit: "Now you can go wherever you want, but you want to follow us out of this dead man's ditch? If you want to stay here, you can also go underground and stay with other little tree spirits.

" The tree spirit thought for a while, and timidly reached out and grabbed Xia Tian's skirt, "I want to follow the king and his wife."

Xia Tian laughed, and simply hugged the little tree spirit, "Go, you can go out Don't call us Mrs. Wang, you have to call... Uncle."

Xiao Shuling blinked, looked at Sheng Li and said happily: "Uncle King!"

Xia Tian laughed after hearing this, and said to Sheng Li: "Master is not happy yet. Acknowledge."

Sheng Li didn't know whether to laugh or cry, first he responded to the little tree spirit, and then lightly knocked on Xia Tian's forehead, "You are fooling around too." The

little tree spirit wanted to leave, but the bones had to be dealt with. He asked Xia Tian to take the little tree spirit away first, while he himself burned the bones into a handful of ashes with will-o'-the-wisp fire. He didn't need to take this thing away, so he buried it under a young locust tree in the locust forest.

After tidying up, they planned to leave the dead man's ditch directly. Now that the villagers know that Xia Tian is the "Mountain God Empress", no one dared to come out to stop him. Qiangzi knew that the child he brought was a sacrifice for escape, and because He has a ghost in his heart and dare not speak out at all, for fear that Xia Tian will reveal the evil deeds he has done.

However, when Xia Tian left, he was holding the tablet of the mountain god in his arms. The villagers were afraid of angering the goddess of the mountain god, but they were even more afraid that the mountain god would leave the dead man's ditch. After the woman went back to report the letter, the villagers gathered at the entrance of the village, shoving each other. When they saw Xia Tian coming forward, they shouted in unison asking him to take the mountain god back.

Now the little tree spirit's physical body has completely dissipated, and it is already a ray of soul. Everyone can't see the little tree spirit, but it doesn't prevent them from guessing that the mountain god empress ate it. After all, the mountain god needs two living people to sacrifice. Niangniang only eats one, which is considered very little in their opinion.

Qiangzi was pushed out, and now he has ghosts in his heart, and he couldn't help but feel more guilty when facing Xia Tian. He still can't understand why he lost his head at that time. Obviously ghosts can't kill people if they hit the wall, but why did they think Do you want to exchange the lives of the villagers?

He forced himself to look at Xia Tian, ​​and said, "Please ask the goddess of the mountain god to enshrine the tablet of the mountain god back to the god's house..."

Xia Tian didn't even look at him, but lowered his head and carefully touched the tablet hidden in his arms, "Your mountain god I don't want to live in the God's House, so let me take him away."

"Don't talk nonsense, the Goddess of the Mountain God, the Lord Mountain God has been in Dead Man's Valley for so many years, but he has never left, and we sacrifice every year, how could the Lord Mountain God leave?" Xia Tian

thought The sacrificial offering in this population felt nauseated for a while, and his expression darkened. This group of people didn't know where they got the carnivorous butterflies.

Seeing that Xia Tian didn't show any relief, Qiangzi tilted his head, and winked at the people behind him. The villagers looked at each other to cheer each other up, and they all walked forward in unison, surrounding Xia Tian. There is a posture that if he does not agree, he will be tied back.

The little tree spirit was taken aback by the menacing appearance of the crowd. Although he was also a little scared, he didn't dodge. Instead, he stood in front of Xia Tian with his arms wide open, "You are not allowed to bully Madam!" But he

forgot Now he is just a ghost, no matter how loud he roars, no one else can hear him.

Xia Tian couldn't help smiling, and gently rubbed the little tree spirit's hair, "Don't be afraid."

Sheng Li patted the little tree spirit on the shoulder, "You are still a child, stand behind."

The villagers Naturally they couldn't see Sheng Li and Xiao Shuling, they only saw Xia Tian laughing and talking, feeling a little guilty for a moment, but no one dared to take a step back.

Just when the two sides were confronting each other, there was a roar of cars and the noise of people approaching from far and near, which suddenly interrupted the atmosphere of stalemate.

Qiangzi turned his head to take a look, and exchanged an ugly look with another villager who was in charge of the sacrifice together. A trace of surprise flashed in the eyes of both of them—why did they

come at this time?