chapter 55

As soon as the news that King An and his concubine were critically ill after taking the medicine came into the palace, the emperor was furious. The pill was originally meant to be used on him, but the Holy Majesty gave the pill to King An because of his love for his son. , the one who took the pill should be Emperor Zhengkang.

    Emperor Zhengkang immediately ordered the priest who made the medicine beheaded, and thanked King An and Princess An for taking care of his father, bestowing all kinds of treasures and Prince An's mansion, and ordered the doctor Liu, who usually took his pulse, to see him at the mansion.

    Xia Tian lay lazily on the couch, holding a small jade bowl in his hand, filled with ice cubes, and there were big bright purple grapes in it, humming in his mouth A ditty in the tune, just like an idle prince. Sheng Li sat beside him and flipped through a military book, and even took time to massage his back with one hand.

    "Above, a little bit above." Xia Tian instructed with his eyes closed, and Sheng Li raised his left hand slightly and pressed it gently. After pawing in the ice bowl for a while, he finally turned over, took a purple-black grape and lifted it to Sheng Li's mouth, looking at him earnestly, "Master, eat it, this one is the sweetest!"

    Sheng Li He lowered his head and took it, took his fingertips in his mouth and bit them lightly, then let go and said, "Eat by yourself."

    Xia Tian retracted his hand and lay back on his stomach, holding the fingertips bitten by Sheng Li. Sipping in his mouth, he played with the grapes in the bowl with the tip of his nose, probably feeling the coolness coming to his face, his calves were slightly raised, and he knocked on the couch leisurely following the master's intention.

    Sheng Li closed the book and put it aside, gently patted Xia Tian's naked/exposed skin, "The weather is too hot these days, can you still bear it?" After all,

    it is an era of backward technological development, hot summer To avoid the summer heat, they can only choose to place an ice basin or hide in a summer resort deep in the mountains, but now King An and Princess Wang are critically ill, so naturally they can only recuperate in the palace.

    "It's not too hot." Xia Tian looked up at him, and frowned a little bit aggrievedly, "It's a pity that I can't take off my clothes, but fortunately there are cotton and linen clothes for ventilation."

    Ben Chao took it as a rude gesture to show his chest and arms In addition to the peasant workers who are working, they have to wear clothes to cover their bodies even in the heat of summer. Not to mention women, even men are not allowed to take off their clothes at will.

    Xia Tian originally thought that since he and his owner were hiding in the yard, no one else would come in, so he could not take off his clothes, and it would be fine to wear only light lewd clothes, but in the eyes of others, wearing only lewd clothes was tantamount to being naked, When the old housekeeper came in to deliver the meal, he saw the prince in obscene clothes, his old face wrinkled into a bitter gourd, and persuaded the two of them to say that Prince An's mansion is now on the cusp of storms, and the prince and concubine must not become eye-catching targets.

    The little fox didn't care whether he was a target or not, but he couldn't bear to waste the other party's attention when he saw the old housekeeper's persuasive admonition, so he had to put on his coat, his fair little face flushed red all day long.

    Fortunately, the old housekeeper ordered his servants to rush to make some light cotton and linen clothes. Naturally, cotton and linen are not as precious as silk, and dignitaries seldom wear them, but Xia Tian likes them very much. They are light and breathable. It finally made him not so hot.