chapter 162

The importance of forest rangers to forest protection is self-evident, but their treatment is really not good. Taking Panlong Mountain alone as an example, the entire forest ranger station is not large in scale, and all kinds of facilities are relatively outdated. Even the rangers' guns are old-fashioned, but this thing is powerful, that is, Sheng Li and this group The batch of forest rangers can only be distributed to those who have retired from the army, otherwise ordinary rangers would not be able to get them at all.

Although the equipment is outdated, the patrols of the rangers have never lost their chains, especially after the "Dragon Scale" incident. During this period of time, there were many people poaching in the mountains, and they took turns monitoring and guarding almost 24 hours a day. Well, the forest ranger who came to report to Sheng Li earlier was in charge of video surveillance, and he was taking a break last night when Sheng Li took people up the mountain, otherwise he wouldn't be in such a good mood today.

It was also the first time for Xia Tian to come to a place like the forest ranger. When he was on Haitang Planet, he also knew that the empire had troops that were responsible for guarding the planet's green plants, and he had contact with them. However, the treatment of those teams was much better than Sheng Li's now. He looked here and there in the house, feeling that he had wronged his owner, and planned to buy him something more.

Sheng Li changed his clothes, picked up the little fox and walked to the small kitchen on the first floor, saying: "There is nothing good in the mountains, I'll get you some chicken noodle soup, and two braised chicken legs.

" Eating the chicken legs, the little fox suddenly became interested, but he was not honest when lying in Sheng Li's arms, he always wanted to flop around and play, and a pair of furry paws would step on Sheng Li's chest from time to time, he was clearly an active fox cub, Where is the slightest "big fox" self-consciousness?

But Sheng Li loves his lively appearance. He has always regretted not giving his little fox a stable and comfortable childhood earlier. Now that he has the opportunity, everything will naturally follow Xia Tian's wishes, just like a doting child Parents, the little fox will give whatever it wants, and will never refuse each other's requests.

Xia Tian was a bit embarrassed at first, although his appearance had shrunk a lot, but he knew in his heart that he was not a fox cub anymore, but Sheng Li's attitude was very natural, which made Xia Tian gradually feel that it should be like this, so Even the last bit of shyness was thrown out of the blue, and he completely regarded himself as a newborn milk fox, very active and pampered, he would raise his neck and yelp twice when he saw something novel, and let Sheng Li put it on his head. He put it aside to play.

Fortunately, the forest ranger station has a lot of ingredients. They are at the foot of the mountain, very close to the nearby villages and towns. Every two or three days, people will go to the village to buy ingredients, not to mention a group of old men patrolling the mountain all day long. Check it out, it's a labor-intensive job, so the kitchen is always stocked with all kinds of semi-finished food and portable high-calorie food, so that they can find something to eat whenever they are hungry.

My little fox has a different stomach than other ordinary foxes. He can eat food that ordinary people eat, so Sheng Li didn't stick to the method, and directly made the fastest chicken noodle soup with a pot of old hen soup warming on the stove. , and waited for it to cool down a little before asking Xia Tian to come over to eat.

The little fox was fiddling with the water pump pipe outside the kitchen restlessly, when he heard Sheng Li tell him to immediately drop the new toy in front of him and run in. He didn't need to be hugged by Sheng Li, he stepped on the wooden chair in the dining room and jumped up to the table, squatted in front of a bowl of fragrant chicken noodle soup, and eagerly lowered his head to lick it.

Sheng Li sat on the sidelines watching him eat, and slowly tore a braised chicken leg in his hand. He tore off a strip of meat and handed it to the little fox to feed him. He yelled twice, patted the bowl in front of Sheng Li with his paw, and signaled him to eat it too.

Sheng Li was about to speak when he suddenly heard a fox barking from outside the door.

One person and one fox looked at each other, Sheng Li picked up the handkerchief beside him and wiped his hands, then tapped the little fox's forehead, "Eat obediently, I'll go and have a look." He walked to the door and saw that it was A big white-haired fox was lying next to a pheasant. Seeing Sheng Li coming out, the big fox pushed the pheasant towards him, then raised its head and let out another cry.

Xia Tian was licking the chicken soup, but immediately raised his head when he heard the cry, then jumped off the table and ran to the door, it was the big fox calling him.

Seeing that the little fox was still alive and well, and that the person had no intention of using the little fox cub as food or skinning it, the big fox was relieved. It picked up the pheasant and threw it at Sheng Li, and then He ran up the mountain without looking back, and the running figure was quickly submerged in a sheet of white snow.

Xia Tian was stunned, this big fox specially caught a pheasant and gave it to the owner, probably to provide "care expenses", the fox family was worried that he would not eat well after being taken away by Sheng Li, so they specially took this fresh pheasant The pheasant brought him down the mountain.

Sheng Li was a little surprised at the beginning why the big fox went down the mountain again, but now he understood a little bit, he said with a smile: "It seems that there is a fox that wants to fight with me to raise you." The little fox jumped up all of a sudden

. He reached to his feet, pulled his trousers and ran all the way to Sheng Li's shoulders, and kept rubbing his furry head against Sheng Li's cheeks. This was the only pet he chose.

Sheng Li raised his hand and patted the little fox's head, picked up the pheasant and walked into the house, since the fox family sent it over, he would accept it, and bring them some food when he patrols the mountain next time—— After all, he is now the cub who really took away the group of white foxes.

They went back to the house and finished the interrupted meal. After a short rest, Sheng Li should go up the mountain to patrol. The forest guard team is short of manpower. The huge Panlong Mountain is only guarded by these people from the forest guard station. They have to take turns to send people to patrol every day. , even the captain Sheng Li is no exception.

The process of patrolling the mountain was far less interesting than imagined. In addition, it suddenly snowed in the afternoon. Sheng Li originally wanted to put Xia Tian in the house and let him wait for him to come back, but Xia Tian was unwilling to leave Sheng Li half a step away. As soon as Li put him on the bed and turned to leave, he suddenly jumped up and hung on the other's back, unwilling to get off anyway.

Sheng Li had no choice but to hide him in his military overcoat, for fear that the little fox would feel uncomfortable due to the cold, and Xia Tian struggled to show only the tip of his head.

After walking out of the well-heated forest shelter, Xia Tian felt that the harsh climate of Panlong Mountain was not a lie. The cold outside was a bone-chilling dry cold, and there was a small gust of wind from time to time in the mountain. The fox fur on his head was blown to this side.

"Don't follow me out, I'm cold." Sheng Li said so, stretched out his hand and pressed the little fox's head down, trying to make him hide under his clothes, but unexpectedly, the little fox grabbed his leather glove and bit it Bite, leaving shallow tooth marks the size of two rice grains.

Sheng Li had no choice but to follow his wishes and let the little fox poke its head to look around, but he did not forget to tell him: "If it's cold, you can shrink in by yourself." The

little fox responded with a soft cry.

Animals in the mountain forest rarely come out to run when it snows, and the animals moult one after another in winter. Even if there are occasional ones that show their heads, they are small animals like snow rabbits. Xia Tian's eyes are hot and he always wants to jump Go out and catch the rabbit.

He used to pounce on rabbits when he was on Fulian Mountain, but he didn't have a big fox to teach him hunting skills, and he didn't know how to wait for the opportunity and how to bite the neck of the prey. He just pounced on the prey wherever he saw it. Only then did he catch his first prey, which was a half-dead pheasant.

Later, he followed Sheng Li to the small world, and he never bothered about eating. Even if he followed Sheng Li to the mountains in the form of a fox, it was mostly just for fun, let alone hunting by himself.

However, even though he wanted to go out to play, he also knew that the weather at this moment was not suitable for him to indulge. Otherwise, if he ran out, even if Sheng Li knew that he was not afraid of the cold wind at all, he might be worried.

The owner also needs to consider many aspects... Thinking of this, the little fox shrank back into Sheng Li's clothes, only showing the tips of two furry ears and turning around outside, as if listening to all directions for him. of.

The daily patrol routes of the forest rangers are not fixed, just to prevent people from finding out the rules and taking the opportunity to go up the mountain to poach. After Sheng Li took Xia Tian through a section of the mountain road, he randomly found a cave on the mountainside to rest.

It is not entirely true that it is a cave. At most, a few protruding rocks formed a small shelter from the wind. Sheng Li observed the terrain and made sure that there was no danger before entering. He took some dry firewood picked up nearby and lit it. A small fire to keep warm.

After sitting down, the little fox, who had been quiet all the way, poked his head out, first stretched out the soft and warm meat pad to press on his cheek, and then retracted it in satisfaction after noticing that it was not cold because of the bitter wind and snow. paw.

Sheng Li waited until the little fox was satisfied, then put him on his lap, and took out some energy supplement dry food from the pocket he was carrying with him to share with the little fox.

At most, Xia Tian was carried by Sheng Li for a section of the mountain road. He was not tired all the way, and even took a nap because the owner's firm embrace was too warm. He was not hungry at all at the moment, so Sheng Li fed him. The one refused to eat after taking a small bite, and just hugged and licked it with its two front paws.

Outside the cave is the whining cold wind and falling snowflakes, but inside the cave there are crackling fires and a person and a fox cuddling each other. Inexplicably, there is a feeling of quiet time.

However, such a peaceful atmosphere didn't last long. Soon, the little fox pricked up his ears, lifted his upper body slightly to look out, and the fox's eyes, which had been bent into a pair of crescent moons because of playing with Sheng Li, also opened wide. .

At the same time Xia Tian stood up, Sheng Li quickly extinguished the fire in front of him, and quickly grasped the gun leaning against the rock wall of the cave with one hand.