chapter 64

Aunt Lin saw that the expressions of these two people didn't seem to be very angry, so she acted pitifully again, saying that her only son had smallpox when he was young, and died before he got through it, and then said that she had got gold, silver and jewelry, but she didn't dare In recent years, he can only do starch washing and mending work in the temple to make ends meet, and he has not lived a good life.

    Sheng Li was impatient to listen to her, and interrupted: "I just want to ask you, Sheng... where are the bones of my father and mother now, do you know?"

    Aunt Lin shook her head tremblingly. Seeing his brother and sister-in-law waving knives at each other, their faces splattered with blood looked like Shura, the evil ghost crawling out of hell. He was so frightened that he packed up the gold and silver jewelry given by the second wife and ran away overnight. Regarding Sheng Qingsong's news, she deluded herself into thinking that if she didn't know, then no one would come to her.

    But who would have thought that today, he bumped into Sheng Qingyun's father and son who looked similar to his father! And that "female" happened to be wearing a moon-white dress, which was exactly the same as the night when the eldest lady was killed. Of course, Aunt Lin thought it was a ghost taking her life, and told all she knew.

    Aunt Lin just works in the kitchen and doesn't know a single big character, so she naturally didn't know the word "Sheng" was engraved on the emerald necklace that the Second Madam gave her back then, otherwise she would never have worn it day and night because she was fascinated by the emerald. with.

    But it was precisely because she wore the emerald necklace around her neck at all times that she gave Sheng Li a chance to investigate deliberately, otherwise no one would be able to do it just because of her thoughtless words and never naming names. He will link it with Prime Minister Sheng.

    Locking Aunt Lin in the firewood room, Xia Tian volunteered to "watch over" her. Sheng Li saw that such a helpless old woman had no chance of winning against his little fox, so he went to the kitchen with confidence.

    Because Xilin County is close to nomadic grasslands, the food in the county is mostly grilled meat and spirits. For the people in the capital, such things feel fresh after eating once or twice. Bieyuan cooks by himself.

    Sheng Li picked up a bunch of green vegetables and washed them. His hands that held the knife and gun were also very meticulous in doing such a job. While he was arranging the vegetables, Xia Tian came bouncing around from the door and ran in the small kitchen. He ran forward and back to attack Sheng Li.

    This kind of situation has become a routine during these days. Although they have lived a period of pampering, they are not people who can only enjoy food and open their mouths. Meal——If this greedy little fox is hungry, he will stuff his mouth with raw food to fill his stomach. If he is allowed to handle the spoon, the food will be eaten before the fire is even started.

    It's just that the little fox's mind is obviously not on eating tonight, so he has to visit Sheng Li from time to time, and when the leftovers are all processed, he simply moves a small bamboo stool and sits by the stove, resting his chin on the ground with one hand Look at your owner.

    While cooking, Sheng Li asked him: "What's the matter? You keep looking at me. Is Xia Xia hungry?"

    "Not hungry." Xia Tian replied without thinking. After finishing speaking, he pressed his stomach and shook his head, and glanced at Sheng Li with some guilt, "No... I'm hungry."

    "I don't even know if I'm hungry?" Sheng Li laughed, and picked up a clean one Throw the fruit over, "Eat one first."

    Xia Tian took three or two mouthfuls and ate them all. Seeing that he covered the lid to make soup, he stopped working, so he walked forward and hugged him from behind. Shouting to Sheng Li, he rubbed his cheek against the generous back of the other party, "Master is not happy."