chapter 80

The fourth prince frowned, and didn't pay attention to Emperor Zhengkang at all. He didn't realize what had happened until he turned his head and saw that the palace door was broken open, and the person leading in was not his palace guards, but Zhao Yuanbai who should have returned to the Northwest camp long ago. wrong.

Zhao Yuanbai and the commander of the forbidden army came here bathed in blood. They were the gods of death who really came out of the sea of ​​corpses. The fourth prince looked at the blood on the tip of their swords in astonishment, and lost his voice: "No! Impossible...

" The knife made him swallow his unfinished words, and the hidden guards who were ambushing all around finally appeared. Zhao Yuanbai kicked the fourth prince on the knee and made him kneel down.

Zhao Yuanbai said: "On the way back to the camp, I received news that the fourth prince had the intention of treason, so I had to summon the guards of the capital to enter the palace. I know that I have committed a crime, so I ask the emperor to punish me!" Emperor Zhengkang looked puzzled, and he sat on the dragon

chair Going up, he looked at Wang Jinzhong who was dying at his feet, then glanced at the crying concubines beside him, looked at the princes and princesses who had already been frightened, and finally waved to Xia Tian with a very kind expression, "Ten Three, come here."

Xia Tian glanced at him, but didn't move, he just said: "Father, the emperor's dragon body is the most important thing, it's better to ask the imperial doctor to see it first." After speaking, he looked at the commander of the imperial army, and said: "Commander Wu, is there any damage to the imperial hospital? Just now, the father was poisoned, I'm afraid..."

Commander Wu also dubiously believed the news that Zhao Yuanbai and Xia Tian said earlier. I believe that at this moment, King An is a filial son who has made great contributions to saving him. If it weren't for him, the imperial city would change tonight, and it would be a great dereliction of duty for him. Therefore, he was very grateful to Xia Tian, ​​and replied very respectfully: "The rebels of the fourth prince and his party are burning and killing everywhere in the palace, and there are also one or two rebels in the imperial hospital, but they have been wiped out by General Zhao. Let someone go and invite the imperial physician."

In the emperor's bedroom, the concubines and princes and daughters knelt on the ground outside, and in the inner room, a group of imperial physicians looked at each other and stood in front of the emperor's bed, no one dared to speak first.

Seeing that everyone was hesitating but no one spoke, Imperial Physician Zuo shook his head. He stroked his gray beard, thinking that he was close to his sixtieth birthday, and he had enough to live, and said: "I said bluntly, the emperor can't last a day."

When Emperor Zhengkang heard such words, he was not as angry as usual. Now that he was exhausted and unable to refute, he just raised his hand tremblingly, "Dao... Daoist..." Commander

Wu Kneeling aside, he said: "Go back to the emperor, the Taoist priest was killed by the fourth prince's people when he ran for his life..." He hesitated for a while, and then said: "The Taoist priest is carrying a bag full of gold, silver and jewels."

The last hope of Emperor Zhengkang was completely extinguished, he coughed a few more times, and shouted in a hoarse voice: "Where is Thirteen... I want to see Thirteen." Everyone thought that Emperor Zhengkang had finally discovered the benefits of King An

, Maybe he wanted to say something to his child because of years of indifference and indifference, and he was more active, thinking that Wang An might have a chance to take advantage of this to leap forward.

Xia Tian and Sheng Li looked at each other, Sheng Li nodded almost invisible, then Xia Tian got up and walked to the emperor.

Emperor Zhengkang's face was ashen, and he looked at Xia Tian with unspeakable emotions. Xia Tian still didn't know why the emperor hated him, but he only thought that Emperor Zhengkang specially gave medicine, and wanted to marry him and his owner several times. Ming was so angry that he lowered his head and said in a low voice: "Father, what else do you want to say?"

There was a glimmer of light in Emperor Zhengkang's eyes, and Xia Tian's heart trembled. The survival instinct of a beast made him dodge subconsciously. And Sheng Li got up at the same time, pulled Xia Tian back, and held him in his arms.

A poisonous needle was pierced on the curtain of the five-clawed golden dragon. If Xia Tian didn't hide in time, the poisonous needle should have been pierced on his forehead.

Most of the people kneeling or standing in the room were military generals, who had an extremely keen sense of danger, so they also noticed Emperor Zhengkang's sudden move. Their hearts were shocked, and they felt that they had witnessed the secrets of the royal family. They quickly lowered their heads to hide the shock on their faces. . When the rest of the serving imperial physicians looked up, they saw Emperor Zhengkang laughing loudly: "I am the Ziwei emperor star! I am the true son of heaven! I..." Before he finished speaking, his hands dropped heavily on the side of the bed.

Everyone's heart trembled, Imperial Physician Zuo rushed forward to check regardless of the dignity of the emperor and ministers, and said after a while: "The emperor... has gone."

The lord of a country who has been in power for many years and has been doing everything he wants, has just gone like this.

Sheng Li's eyes were red. If it wasn't for the sliver of reason that remained to control him, he wished he could drag Emperor Zhengkang up and whip his corpse. Not to mention that Xia Tian was originally his child in this life, even a stranger shouldn't With such great malice, a person's words are good when he is about to die, but Emperor Zhengkang actually thought about how to kill his own child just before he died? !

In their previous plan, Emperor Zhengkang could take medicine for a longer period of time until Xia Tian was able to secure his position, but at this moment, Sheng Li only regretted that he didn't wait until the fourth prince killed the emperor before taking action. He didn't know Emperor Zhengkang There is still this move, otherwise Xia Tian would definitely not let Xia Tian step forward.

Xia Tian was also taken aback, he didn't care about the fear, he held Sheng Li's hand tightly and softly said: "Don't be afraid, don't be afraid, I'm fine."

Sheng Li took a deep breath, calmed down a little, and then After repeated restraint, he let go of Xia Tian's hands that were tightly imprisoned, and looked at Zhao Yuanbai.

Zhao Yuanbai understood, got up immediately and said: "At present, the army of the fourth prince is still burning, killing and looting in the city. If it is not resolved soon, there may be chaos." The guards of the capital on the side also claimed it.

Although Commander Wu is stupid and loyal, he is not stupid. He has been an official for many years. After careful consideration, he can see that the current situation is most beneficial to King An, and what Zhao Yuanbai said is quite right. Come out and preside over the overall situation. In the future, there will be no master in the palace, and the prime minister will say that he is sick. At this moment, Zhao Yuanbai, who holds the military power tiger talisman, is the highest decision maker, but he obviously has no intention of fighting.

This reassures Commander Wu a lot. As long as Zhao Yuanbai is not plotting against him, and the throne is still of the Xia family's blood, then the royal family's Tianwei will not be shaken, and he is also dedicated to his duty.

Commander Wu immediately knelt down to Xia Tian and said, "If it weren't for King An's foresight, there might be great chaos tonight. Please also ask King An to be the regent temporarily to rule the country!" Zhao Yuanbai was very satisfied. After all, he and Xia Tian still have a blood relationship

. You can't be the first to speak, you can only go along with it. Since Commander Wu spoke, he also said immediately: "I also ask King An to be the regent for the time being, so that the country can be ruled!"

Xia Tian didn't let people cover up the cause of Emperor Zhengkang's death. He also let people spread the news about the scene at the Mid-Autumn Festival family banquet. Before the moon of the Mid-Autumn Festival fell, the matter had already spread throughout Beijing.

The Prime Minister's Mansion naturally also received the news, and under Sheng Li's deliberate arrangement, it was the first to receive the news.

Outsiders thought that the prime minister's saying that he would not be sick was an excuse, but they didn't know that Sheng Qingsong was really sick. Such a long past was turned up by someone, and his backing was no longer stable. Sheng Qingsong was in a state of desperation day by day, until that day when he accidentally passed by Prince An's Mansion and ran into a demurely dressed woman holding a A young boy, and he kept claiming that the other party was "Ning An", and that face - it was clearly his sister-in-law who should have been dead for many years!

Sheng Qingsong had ghosts in his heart, and was so anxious that he fell ill as soon as he returned to the mansion. For some unknown reason, he obviously invited the imperial doctor Liu who claimed to be able to "return the dead" to see him, but his illness became more and more serious. One day, there were faint signs of madness.

Today, when I got the news that the imperial city had changed, the children of the Sheng family were all very nervous. When Sheng Li was in the Sheng family, they had abused them wantonly, but now this person has become the regent's concubine. How can their life be easier? They poured into Sheng Qingsong's yard hoping to get his father's protection, but they were all kicked out. Only Sheng Yue stayed at the end, he was still Sheng Qingsong's favorite son after all, and he got the chance to be admitted to the hospital to speak.

However, before Sheng Qingsong could speak, Sheng Yue asked first, "Father, are the rumors in Beijing true or false?"

Sheng Qingsong glanced at him, "Do you think it is true?"

"Mother... Mother also went crazy because of this Yes, isn't it?" Sheng Yue turned his head away, he already had a vague conclusion in his heart, but he couldn't accept it, "Father, you...are you really just a bastard?"

The status of the bastards in the current dynasty was very low. Except that they were better than ordinary servants and could barely bear the title of master, they had no power. The opportunity to be an official is to join the army, and relying on enough military merits piled up with blood to save a family business, you can stand on your own and stop being a concubine. This rule was established by the founding emperor, because he was originally a legitimate son, but before he became powerful, he was bullied by several concubines and concubines because of his father's preference for concubines.

It is precisely because of this that after killing his elder brother in anger, although Sheng Qingsong was the only one left in the direct line of the Sheng family, as long as he carried the name of a concubine, he would not be able to stand up for a day, so he simply thought about it. With the help of her brother, she replaced her elder brother's name and enjoyed great benefits.

"What about the concubine, what about the first son?" Sheng Qingsong almost admitted what he said, and he looked at Sheng Yue coldly, "You are both my eldest son." Although he had already made up his mind, when he really heard his father admit it,

Sheng Yue is still as if struck by lightning, and his family background is the most important thing in his friendship, because he himself is the second son of the prime minister's mansion, and his elder brother is a fool, no different from the eldest son, so he hates the sons and daughters the most, and thinks that it is inevitable to be corrupted if he associates with them Reputation is an insult to the blood of one's own son.

But he never expected that his father was actually the concubine he despised the most, his elder brother was the real eldest son, and he was just a concubine.

Sheng Yue's heart was cold. He walked out of the courtyard in a daze. He felt that the past ten years had been wasted. Leaving the other party's powerful and family property, and the identity that I am proud of, I can't be true at all. No wonder my colleagues have ridicule and contempt in their eyes when they see him, he is actually the son of a bastard!

Sheng Yue left the Prime Minister's Mansion that night and disappeared. However, this is a later story. On the second day, Sheng Qingsong took a breath and went to court. After the court was dismissed, he approached the regent.