Chapter 1

Author Here!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wrote this book since an idea popped into my head. I decided to publish this bits by bits while finishing "Our Love in Another Life," my other story. I hope you enjoy this!

This is my New Year's Surprise for ya'll . It'll take a while to publish the other chapters, but here's the first two chapters.

Buckle up! Cuz this one is going to have more chapters compared to my other stories.

Quote for the chapter:

"Love yourself first, because that's who you'll be spending the rest of your life with."

(quote not mine) from quote ambition
_______________________________________

Chloe Harker is the perfect student council president a school could have. This made it easy for the school to retain her position in the student council since her leadership and decision-making skills were exceptional. During her freshman year, she was elected as the secretary for the student council, and it turned out that even the president listened to her. When she became a sophomore, she was immediately elected as the president right away. Her reputation is no joke. Everyone knows the name Chloe Harker is not to be messed with. Although some don't fancy her, her leadership skills have gained her a lot of recognition that even the ones who don't like her would vote for her. With her excellent leadership skills and seriousness, she always gets the job done perfectly and flawlessly. She has this aura that makes her more authoritative. It wasn't a surprise that she would again be elected as the president this year.

She walked inside the student council room and was greeted by two fellow student council bodies who happens to be her friends. She's mostly close to the vice president and the secretary. Vanessa and Alice have been friends with Chloe ever since their childhood days. Unlike Chloe's seriousness, Vanessa and Alice smile quite often and are awfully friendly with everyone.

"Where's our treasurer?" Chloe asked seriously as she took a seat on the couch next to Alice.

Chloe always prioritizes being on time and definitely hates being late. With their treasurer still not present, Chloe felt somewhat irritated. Running the school and being part of the student council is no joke, and Chloe takes it seriously. She perfectly knows that high school is supposed to be fun, but she values responsibility more. She perfectly knew people would sometimes call her a party-pooper behind her back. She sighed. Sometimes she would think that she might have matured too quickly or maybe she just never found anything fun and is always serious.

" He's name is Corner. He'll be here in a bit. Don't act like you don't know his name." Vanessa said as she grinned.

Chloe never wastes her time memorizing every student's name, and of course, she fully knows the names of the student body, but when she's irritated, she would much instead not utter their names. Out of all the student council, she's the only one who's hard to befriend, and she knows it well. It comes with some perks too. People would listen to her, especially the organization and club presidents. Not one budget report was late when she informed the presidents that she would not tolerate late submission even if Corner's the one in charge of it since she's the one who has to look through the reports for approval.

"His reaction is always amusing," Chloe said with a light smile.

It's true. Chloe likes Corner compared to the others. He is also easily flustered, which makes him easy to tease. Since Chloe rarely shows her facial expressions, Corner would panic most of the time when Chloe teased him without his knowledge. Vanessa and Alice would always be entertained by Chloe's teasing acts.

"You're such a sadist." Vanessa said as she grabbed some of the files.

Chloe rolled her eyes. Just because she looks scary doesn't make her a sadist. It's just funny when people are scared of her. She does admit that she could never really read or understand the feelings of others. Like her dad, she struggles with communicating with others in a friendly manner. This made her constantly practice her communication skills when she was young; however, nothing seems to work, and instead, she discovered that she had a knack for business and leadership. People would perform better under her leadership. There were rumors saying that if you have Chloe as a leader, you will receive an A for your project, and of course, there's a price to pay for that, and that is you'll be working under the devil herself.

"You need to smile often, you know," Alice said as she opened her computer to type the letters due next week.

"I am smiling when I'm actually amused or happy." Chloe said as she opened the file, Vanessa gave her.

Chloe tried to smile, but it seemed too fake to pass for a smile. People would fear her more when she smiles since looked as if she's plotting your murder. Ever since that revelation, she would never try to smile unless it comes from the heart. Chloe, unlike others, wasn't able to smile unless it's genuine. This is another trait she got from her father.

"Any interesting requests from the clubs?" Chloe asked.

"The cheerleading wants a higher budget for the uniforms. They want three uniforms instead of two. They also request that the hotel they'll be using for the winter practice should be nicer." Vanessa said as her hands used the signed quote for the word nicer.

Chloe was really so done with the cheerleading team. The team demanded too much, and they were only able to garner the first runner-up. There haven't been any championships from them for many years now. Chloe couldn't understand why the team needed more uniforms when there was only one competition per year. It doesn't sound rational. Chloe would reject it again, similar to last year when she became the student council president.

"The captain herself also requested a hotel with tighter security," Vanessa added.

Vanessa's job as the vice president is to assist Chloe, especially with the request of the clubs. She was grateful to Vanessa. Since Vanessa was also the one who became the messenger between her and the cheerleading team last year, she wouldn't want to risk another fight with Natalie— the cheerleading team's captain. She was glad that Vanessa was friendly to everyone and also apparently also loved by the whole school. Since the students weren't permitted to use their money for club-related activities. The Hidget Academy has the student council provide for the expense every year.

Chloe still couldn't grasp why the cheerleading team always asks for a budget increase for needed tighter security when the hotels they've been staying at were already 4-star hotels.

"I take it that she wants a fancier one?" Chloe said, looking at Vanessa, raising an eyebrow.

"Tell me. They already have a budget of fifty thousand per year." Chloe said firmly.

Everyone knows that the cheerleading team has one of the most expensive budgets in the entire school. Chloe wasn't going to give in, and Natalie shouldn't have her hopes up too. Everyone knows that Chloe is the Ice Queen, and the only one who dares to defy her is Natalie and of course, her friends when she is indeed wrong.

"It's rejected." She added.

As usual, she would reject it. They could try it again next year, and she would reject it again. Chloe doesn't have time to play with the cheerleading team. There's so much to do, and thanks to her great management and leadership skills, they were almost done.

"You tell them that. Hell, I'm not getting close to them. I'll be skinned alive for all I know. Don't get me wrong. Natalie's friendlier than you but when she's pissed, damn right-you'll see the devil himself." Vanessa groaned.

When Chloe refused to personally reject the cheerleading team, she sent Vanessa along with their rejected budget proposal to report to Natalie. Natalie exploded in front of Vanessa that day, and ever since that day, others would think twice about making her mad. Well, that didn't apply to Chloe. This is where the two scariest people started to clash. Since there's always been a feud between the student council and the cheerleading team, it somehow became worse. Natalie did apologize the next day. Unlike Chloe, Natalie was still friendly unless she got angry and bitchy. That's why she got her nickname "Friendly Bitch."

Wrong Love Letter [GirlxGirl]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara