Chapter 22

Quote for the chapter:

"You, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

-Buddha

_________________________________

Chloe remembered how she avoided Natalie because she doesn't want to argue with her and send Vanessa instead for the reports. She couldn't quite grasp what is happening, but she never thought about it, and ever since then, her impression of Natalie is someone who's not compatible with her. Now Chloe knows that she misjudged Natalie while the latter didn't even judge her at all. She wonders why Natalie even slapped her back then.

Others, including her friends, especially Vanessa, really liked Natalie and tried to convince Chloe that Natalie's actually a sweetheart. Of course, she didn't believe a single word that Vanessa has said to her. And now, Chloe may have agreed with Vanessa in her current state. She must have judged Natalie without knowing her. Chloe decided that being friends with Natalie might not be a bad idea; she doesn't actually have a crush on Jevon and steal him from Natalie. The only thing that's different from before is that she wants Natalie and that she's falling for her.

"I never hated you. I thought you hated me instead, darling." Natalie said with a surprised face which Chloe thought looked adorable.

"You did slap me before when we first met."

Chloe could still remember the first time Natalie slapped her. It was when she accidentally spilled juice all over Natalie's cheerleading uniform. Chloe was quite shocked at Natalie's actions. One would just be surprised and not say anything since she was the Ice Queen Chloe. Of course, she didn't mind if Natalie would argue with her, but a slap is going too far.

"It was an accident. I really didn't mean it, darling. I'll explain but not today. You'll wait, right? Dear." Natalie said with sad puppy eyes.

"Of course. Though I do wonder why do you keep calling me dear or darling? We're not even dating." Chloe laughed and playfully held Natalie's hand. She would never tell Natalie that she did enjoy it, though.

"I do?" Natalie asked, tilting her head.

Chloe was surprised by Natalie. It seems the latter was doing that unconsciously. Is Natalie teasing her? But, from her reaction, it seems that Natalie truly isn't aware of that herself. This made her tummy filled with butterflies. If so, then that might mean that Natalie actually likes her.

"Then, it's alright if we date, right?" Natalie slyly said.

Is she flirting? Chloe thought

Chloe wouldn't mind it, honestly. She reminded herself that Natalie already has a boyfriend, so it's impossible to date Natalie. Then it struck her if Natalie was single, would she have been attracted to Natalie even before they kissed? She hated Natalie because she thought the latter hated her, but now after knowing the truth, it makes it easier to fall for Natalie. Chloe decided to laugh it all instead of overthinking into it. Natalie's friendly, and she might have just misinterpreted her friendliness.

"Sure, sure," Chloe said as she rolled her eyes.

The truth is. I like it when I call you darling. Natalie thought.

***

They arrived at a nice little ice cream store. Chloe scanned the ice cream store, and there were many people, but primarily lovers inside eating ice cream. Chloe was curious as to why most of the customers were lovers. Indeed, they were not on a date, or were they? The store has this really calm and fluffy feeling to it, at the same time very romantic. There were many flavors to choose from; not only that, but there were also options to buy waffles with the ice creams and even banana splits and cones.