Chapter 17

Quote for the chapter:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

- Dumbledore

_________________________________

With the word hickey mentioned, Chloe's thoughts were once again back to last night. How Natalie was thirsty for her. How Natalie savored her lips and how it felt when Natalie gave her that red mark on her neck. Chloe felt her face hot and felt a tingling feeling down there. Shit.

"Oh, God," Vanessa said out loud, her eyes widened.

Alice was also flabbergasted.

Then their eyes trailed to Chloe's wrist.

"We're going to talk later in the student council room. That scarf and that hair tie." Vanessa said with a grin.

Alice, who is rarely in the affair of others was quite excited to hear the story of her friend especially when Chloe got laid. Chloe sighed. It seems like she's in quite some trouble. She doesn't know what to feel. All she knows that her friends would probably approve of Natalie and that she would be teased by Vanessa again. The school will be in a hell of a surprise if ever someone found out about her feelings for Natalie. She never did fall so hard like this. What did you do to me, Natalie Hughes? It all started with a simple kiss a plastered Natalie initiated. What's worse, the culprit herself can't seem to remember it.

"Whatever makes you both happy" Chloe said with a slight smile, trying to compose herself.

Vanessa and Alice were surprised by Chloe's smile. They remembered that Chloe attended the cheerleading team's practice and also complimented them. Damn. What happened to our Chloe? Vanessa thought.

Chloe would much rather not answer her friends' question later, but honesty is important. She debated herself whether it would be a good idea to do so, especially that she is supposed to have a crush on Jevon. Well, they did know the truth already. She still feels guilty about having a make-out session with Natalie, especially that she's already dating Jevon, a jock who is totally friendly and nice to everyone. Her conscience won't allow it. The guilt is consuming her, especially that she is craving more of Natalie's touch not to mention to know her more.

These past few weeks she has found that Natalie's actually very nice although her anger sometimes would be out-of-hand. This makes her a total bitch to others. Chloe wonders that was there a reason for Natalie to act that way? Unlike herself, Natalie has many friends and gets along with others fine. Chloe knows that everybody calls her an ice queen, she never bothered to correct others. Her brain just functions with rationality, maybe she's too rational that she forgets to sympathize with others; however, ever since the party, Chloe found herself to be more compassionate than before. She would blush when suddenly thinking of Natalie and when embarrassed, not that she hated.

***

Chloe went to the gym right away after class. She found herself forgetting about something, but decided not to think too much about it. When she arrived, she spotted Christine, one of the cheerleaders. Chloe sat on a bench near Christine who was wearing sweatpants and a crop top, which made the cheerleader flinched. Christine was wary of Chloe. Why would the president whom the cheerleading team hates to visit the gym anyway? Despite their feud with the student body, it's mostly only a feud between the whole student body and Chloe herself. Well, it's thanks to the president that the team would get free ice cream today from the coach.

"Why, Chloe, you're here again." Coach Samuel said brightly.

"Is it alright for me to observe?" Chloe asked politely.