Chapter 27

Quote for the chapter:

"You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees."
- Grace Willows

Another update!! To make up for it.

_________________________________

Natalie walked gracefully like a feline into the front gate. Loud music illuminated from inside. The lawn was decorated beautifully. Fairy lights were hanging outside and around the perfectly trimmed bushes. The lights were not a too bright wide shade of red or purple making it quite a romantic place to be. As she walked in, she received many congratulations from her schoolmates. Jevon must have only invited students within their school. Be it outside in the lawn or inside the house, people were catching up with each other while some were taking this opportunity to meet someone new.

Natalie wore a perfect navy midnight blue crop top exposing her belly button paired with a light peach pencil skirt, and carrying a small black handbag over her shoulder. She usually lets her blonde hair cascade during parting; however, today her hair is tied into a messy bun which made her look more alluring than ever before. Many heads turned yet no one dared to approach. It's as if her beauty froze them from where they stand. Natalie spots her cheerleading team getting their asses drunk. She went over to them but bumped into someone. The shoulders of that person were muscular that made Natalie guess that it must be a guy.

" I'm sorry about that." He said.

Natalie turned to take a look at the person who bumped into her. He stood about five foot nine. He has brownish leaning more to the yellowish skin and blue eyes similar to Jevon's. He wore a grey fitted shirt and black joggers with a pair of white sneakers. He also wore a watch on his left wrist which made him look rather classy. He smiles with a cute dimple on his upper cheek.

"It's alright," Natalie said. She wanted to celebrate with Christine and the others, but she didn't want to be rude since the guy wants to continue the conversation with her.

" I'm Nick. I didn't catch your name." Nick said to Natalie while flashing a charming smile at her. Natalie felt a sense of familiarity. She was sure that she had seen that smile elsewhere.

" I'm Natalie. Nice to meet you. You're not from around here right?" Natalie said, her fingers playing with her skirt. Natalie felt awkward; her hands won't keep still. She forced a smile at Nick.

"Natalie? As in Natalie Huges?" Nick asked.

"Uhm. Yeah." Natalie answered. Her palms were sweating and her throat felt dry. She hoped that this wouldn't be a stalker of hers. Growing up, there were always boys who would follow her. She was able to cope with it, but then that day came. Jevon was a great help in agreeing to help her. It kept stalkers and obsessed admirers away from her.

"Jevon's told me a lot about you," he said.

Natalie tried to use every brain cell she has and tried to remember if she knew anyone called Nick. She remembered. Nick was the online friend of Jevon's. Jevon had told her that Nick was from New York and many miles away from them. She never thought Jevon would meet someone so cheerful like him. Natalie's hand became more still, and her fear went away in a flash.

"You're Nick. Jevon has told me about you. Thank you for bringing that up. Now I remember you." Natalie said.

Natalie glanced at the bar and saw that her team was nowhere to be found. Nick took it as a signal that she wants to get a drink so he asked Natalie to have a drink with him at the bar section. Natalie agreed and they headed towards the bar. It's been so long since she had felt safe like this for a guy. She smiled. She was glad that Jevon met someone like him. Jevon needs someone who wouldn't have sudden outbursts like her as a friend.

Nick ordered a scotch while Natalie ordered a daiquiri. The bar was still crowded as a while ago. Natalie scanned the dancing area and didn't see Chloe and her friends. She wondered what happened to them. She may just have been overthinking. Chloe didn't like parties, of course, she wouldn't have come. Vanessa and Alice might have been accompanying her elsewhere, away from the boisterous event here. She wanted to party with Chloe. She liked the ice queen company. Natalie took a sip from her daiquiri. Delicious as ever. She should ask Jevon for the bartender's details and privately hire him for her birthday. Her parents and her sister would love some cocktail to go with dinner.

" So how did you meet Jevon?" Natalie asked.

Natalie was so preoccupied with her every day that she forgot to ask Jevon about Nick when he told her about him. Still, Natalie wondered why Jevon never pestered her to talk about his precious online friend. The party was exclusively only for Hidget Academy students, yet Nick was invited. Something tells her that Jevon's hiding something from her.

"I don't think I'm in a position to say that," Nick said as he played with his watch.

When those were uttered from Nick, Natalie noticed something fishy going on. Jevon has always been excited to tell his experience to Natalie, his best friend, without hesitation so what made it different than before? Natalie took a sip again of her daiquiri.

" I appreciate your honesty. He must have a reason." Natalie said with a smile.

"It was nice to finally meet you. You're just as Jevon describes." Nick said.

Natalie laughed.

"I bet he said that I'm crazy." Natalie joked as she took a sip again from her drink.

"Nice and understanding." Nick winked.

Natalie just chuckled. Jevon loves her too much to tell others about her condition. She trusts him.

"He's a fun guy to be around. He's crazier than me though." Natalie said.

"There you are!" Someone shouted.

That person's appearance slowly showed when he got nearer. Jevon was wearing a striped button-down shirt and shorts. His once messy blonde hair was waxed perfectly to the side. He slightly gives off the look of a fuck boy. Natalie chuckled at Jevon. Speaking of the devil, she wondered where Jevon had been. The look on Jevon's face when he saw Nick with Natalie was priceless.