Chapter 47

Quote for the chapter:

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."

 — Winnie the Pooh

_________________________________

Chloe missed the scent of Natalie's room. Although it has a similar scent to Natalie's, it has a distinguished fresh floral scent that made Chloe relaxed. Chloe wanted to stop by her house to bring with her pajamas, but Natalie had this wonderful idea of hers to customize Chloe one while they're here and just lend her one. Chloe smiled, it looks like she'll be wearing another nightgown and she'll be taking home another one of Natalie's designs again — not that she minded. She still didn't like wearing nightgowns — except for the one Natalie gave her.

As she entered the living room, she saw a black-haired woman, her hair only a little past her shoulders. She looked pretty and older than Natalie. She guessed that must have been her sister.

"Mum, this is Chloe. She's an um – my friend." Natalie said with a smile as she hugged her mother.

Chloe wanted to whimper deep inside. It's confirmed after all that Natalie considers her only as a friend. Her eyes widened. Did she say, mom?

"Mom??" Chloe blurted out, her voice filled with uncertainty and shock.

"That's me. I'm Sarah." Natalie's mother said.

Chloe's eyebrows pinched out of confusion. "I thought you were her sister," Chloe said, embarrassed as her face turned pink.

Natalie's mother chuckled. She was flattered by Chloe's words. Many did initially think that she and Natalie were sisters, many with intentions in their minds. She felt the honesty in Chloe's voice. Her daughter brought home an honest friend. They would welcome her with open arms anytime.

Someone coughed. A blonde woman with her hair cascading down the back. She looked pretty, but of course, she preferred her blonde friend more. She must have been the sister. Chloe thought.

"I'm the sister. Felicia Hughes." Felicia introduced herself with a smile.

Chloe felt her cheeks burn hot red. She felt embarrassed. She hopes that she didn't somewhat offend Natalie's older sister.

"Chloe Harker," Chloe said.

Felicia's eyebrows shot up, her mouth slightly opened. Surprise was written all over her face.

Chloe wondered what happened to Felicia to suddenly be surprised. She hadn't even done anything yet.

"Are you The Chloe Harker? The famous high school kid who does leadership talks, and who's smart? The one Oxford Uni offered a hundred percent scholarship?" Felicia said.

Chloe was puzzled as to how Natalie's sister, Felicia knew about the offer. She had told her friends. Natalie must have told her, but if she did, shouldn't Natalie have shown her sister her picture?

"Yes, I am," Chloe said, tilting her head as if telling Felicia that she's confused.

"Oh. Sorry. You're just well-known in our uni. I am currently taking a psychology degree at Oxford that's why I know. Many wanted to meet you, I can't believe Chloe Harker is standing here in my house. Let's take a picture." Felicia said.

She stood beside Felicia and flashed a smile. At the corner of her eye, she could see Natalie scowling. Chloe chuckled. Cute. She's glad that Natalie's back to normal now. It stings her heart to see Natalie looking so blue. Now, this is the person she fell in love with although the sad Natalie is cute too, she prefers the happy one.

Felicia glanced at Chloe and smirked. I see you now. Felicia thought. I can't believe the famous Chloe Harker is eyeing for my little sister. She and her mother better leave them alone now. Felicia sighed. How dense could her sister be? She dragged her mother away from the two and headed towards the garden.

"I'm sorry about my sister. She likes to tease." Natalie apologized, her body fidgeting.

Chloe chuckled at how Natalie kept fidgeting and playing with her hair. Ever since winter came with the cold air, Natalie hasn't been wearing her hair into a ponytail. It suits Nathalie much better to have her hair down, but Chloe misses getting a glimpse of Natalie's nape. Chloe's ears felt flaming hot. The urge to nip on Natalie's neck and to see how it would taste like overcome her. Chloe's breathing became heavy and her pulse quickened. She shook her head. This is no time to be thinking about Natalie in that kind of way. She's been neglecting to be a proper friend of Natalie for far too long. Tomorrow would be Christmas Eve. Her family would just stay at home and watch some shows and play together. Chloe wondered how Natalie would celebrate her Christmas.

Natalie led Chloe to her room. They still have about an hour before dinner starts. The room still looked the same just like before. There Chloe saw a simple yet alluring nightgown on a mannequin. It's similar to a t-shirt, just wider and longer — just the way Chloe likes it. If she could use two words to describe it it would look like an oversized shirt. Natalie seemed to have tweaked it a little. Chloe was glad that it didn't have laces around it, she didn't fancy laces unlike Natalie did.

"What do you think?" Natalie asked.

"I love it," Chloe said.

"It's yours. You can wear this later." Natalie said.

Chloe must admit that she did look forward to wearing another nightgown of Natalie. She got to smell Natalie's scent all over the nightgown that Natalie gave her last time that she hesitated to have it washed. It wouldn't be ideal if she's aroused while sleeping beside Natalie. It would be too awkward if Natalie knew. She gave a warm smile to Natalie. There's no point in being persistent to pay for the nightgown since Natalie wouldn't take the payment anyway. Besides, who is she kidding? Natalie's loaded.

She sat down on Natalie's bed. It's still as big and as soft as ever. Chloe creased the bed, and the scene of their make-out session popped in her mind. Before she knew it she felt a drop of red fall from her nose.

"Chloe! Your nose!" Natalie said and hurriedly ran across the room to fetch a tissue paper for Chloe.

Chloe just sat there, her body became stiff. Her face felt flaming hot as she played with her fingers. Did her nose bleed? Chloe felt embarrassed for her actions. She can't believe she's thinking about doing it again with Natalie and how soft her skin was when she creased it before. She needs to snap out of it.