Chapter 13

Quote of the chapter:

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

– Theodore Roosevelt

__________________________

"Mind I remind you that you are already taken," Chloe said.

"Then if I wasn't would it be okay?" Jevon asked with sincere eyes.

Chloe didn't say anything and just gave Jevon a deadly glare that sent shivers to his spine. If it were her before, she might say yes but right now, she wouldn't even if he begged. She has priorities and that's befriending Natalie.

She's mad alright. Jevon thought.

"I'm kidding. Chill would you? It's just, thanks for taking care of Natalie." Jevon said.

"It's my pleasure," Chloe said with a light smile now.

"If you don't mind, stay friends with her okay?" Jevon said.

"I-"

"Sorry gotta run! I'm late. Thanks really." Jevon said as he ran outside the room.

If Jevon knew she wanted to befriend Natalie, he might be shocked. Chloe, the ice queen, never befriends anyone well, Vanessa and Alice were an exception. Vanessa and Alice were the ones who approached her. No one dared to approach her, but somehow apparently Natalie is an exception since she'll be the one approaching the latter.

"Well, that's something," Alice said.

"His flirting acts are not good."

"His grandmother is French and he's close to her, maybe that's where he got his habit of kissing people on the cheek," Alice said.

Chloe felt bad for misunderstanding him. What Alice said might be true. So far she has to keep an eye on Jevon and make sure that he isn't what she thought he is. From what he said earlier even if it is a joke, she still has her suspicion. Jokes are sometimes half meant. Vanessa walked in with a shocked look. She looks as if she was running in the hallway. Vanessa was covered in sweat and breathing heavily.

"Was that Jevon over there? Hey! Something interesting happened, right?" Vanessa said.

"It's nothing. I'll leave for today. You guys can go home first." Chloe said as she picked up her things and left.

Vanessa and Alice were stunned. It was rare for Chloe to go somewhere by herself. Heck, she would always go home with the both of them.

***

Chloe unconsciously found herself at the gymnasium where the cheerleading team was practicing their dance moves for the competition next month.

Coach Samuel, the head coach of the cheerleading team, was as astonished as the cheerleaders were. The student council was never interested in showing up in any of their practicers partly because of the ongoing feud between the two. He knows that the two never really get along although he was never really part of it. He beamed when he saw Chloe, getting the attention much less the favor of the student council president would do them good especially with the principal's approval of Chloe's power as the student council president.

"Why hello there, Chloe. What brings you here?" Coach Samuel asked.

"Just checking, Coach Samuel." Chloe managed to say as she didn't know why she suddenly appeared at the gym.

Well, this would help in befriending Natalie. Besides, she hasn't even seen how good the cheerleading team is. This would help her garner more knowledge about the team.