Chapter 52

Quote for the chapter:

"My swirling wants, your frozen lips, causing me unable to think."

-Luisa Cai

_________________________________

"Well, I might as well as thank you. Ava was extremely jealous when I flirted with you." Beatrice winked.

"Well, I was glad that I was able to help," Chloe said.

Beatrice blew a kiss to Chloe and said, "That's why I love you."

Chloe dodged Beatrice's kiss and gave a disgusted expression which only caused Beatrice to laugh. Chloe smiled. Looks like she'll be keeping Beatrice by her side for quite a long time like her friends.

"We're just friends, I promise," Beatrice said to Natalie with a charismatic smile.

Natalie's ears flushed. Was she this obvious? Well, Chloe seemed to not have noticed it. Chloe's pretty dense herself.

"With the way she's so crazy about Ava? I doubt it." Chloe said, finishing her salad.

"We could say the same to you," Vanessa interjected which made Chloe cough.

Beatrice tried to suppress her laughter. Chloe rolled her eyes. She can't believe Vanessa didn't side with her. What more, is that she couldn't debate about it because it's all true.

***

Chloe had a lot of fun despite not riding any extreme roller coaster ride. Alice and she would constantly wait for the others to finish the rides. Beatrice and Vanessa would keep on teasing Alice and her on how they've missed the fun. Natalie would just always end up laughing with the others. Of course, Alice and Chloe surely didn't just over-looked it. Beatrice and Vanessa would receive a smack out of it, and after a few smack, Beatrice and Vanessa seem to have learned their lessons.

The sun is already setting by the time the five friends decided to ride the Ferris wheel. They decided to partner with each other, and one would have an extra person in it. Chloe, who seemed to be losing her IQ each day, proposes that Beatrice should go with her. Vanessa, Alice, and Beatrice mentally facepalmed themselves. 'Did she forget about the plan we made?' Beatrice thought to herself. The week when Chloe and Beatrice called each other, Chloe asked Beatrice to help her make a move on Natalie, but it seemed that Chloe had forgotten it. Why else would Beatrice act extra flirty with Chloe? Beatrice also asked her friends to help her with what Chloe and she had planned. They were more eager to help so since Chloe's never been this serious with anyone before. They also liked Natalie even then. Although they initially feared that Natalie might hurt Chloe's heart, Beatrice was able to somehow convince them.

When Chloe and Natalie got in, Beatrice left herself behind which confused Chloe. The ride was awkward with Chloe to keep on talking about Beatrice. This has been the first time Chloe has been this talkative. It made Natalie wonder what happened to the ice queen Chloe is. Natalie's patience was dwindling every minute.

"You know Bea sh-"

"Can you stop talking for a second?" Natalie snapped.

Chloe's heart broke into little pieces. She pinched her mouth and avoided Natalie's gaze. They were sitting across each other. Chloe felt her eyes wet. She blinked a few times to not let a tear fall from her cheeks. Natalie was irritated with her, she should've known. No wonder Natalie was quiet today. Did she perhaps get angry because she invited Beatrice? Did Natalie not like Beatrice? Or is it- but she couldn't get herself to ask about their relationship. She still wanted to cling onto the idea that Natalie's not into her.

Chloe inhaled deeply. Perhaps this is the time. She clenched her hands while gathering all her courage.

"Should we stop this?" Chloe asked, still avoiding Natalie's gaze with her head down. Natalie must have been enduring her childishness this whole time. How could she have not noticed Natalie's disinterest towards her?

"Maybe we should," Natalie said.

When Natalie uttered those words, it's as if Chloe's world fell, but at the same time, a part of her heartfelt light. She found it hard to believe. Chloe calmed herself. She hid within the deepest of her heart and the cold icy side of Chloe was back to mask her vulnerable heart. Her face was calm again. She looked up at Natalie with a disinterested face only to see Natalie tearing up. Chloe was confused as hell at what is currently happening.

"It's her, isn't it?" Natalie said between hiccups.

Chloe was dumbfounded. What did she miss? She went over to Natalie not once thinking whether having her move onto the side of Natalie's might unbalance the seat. Well, luckily it didn't. She wrapped her arms around Natalie as a reflex.

"You've grown to like Beatrice, right? You should have told me earlier." Natalie said as her tears formed rivers.

"I-" Chloe didn't say anything. She doesn't know what's happening, but her heart aches as she sees Natalie cry. What is Natalie thinking? Doesn't she know that Chloe's hurting? Chloe tried to mask her pain away to accompany Natalie and make sure she is okay. She could always cry at home.

"It's just-I'm too late," Natalie confessed and cupped Chloe's face with both of her hands, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

Chloe left soft lips on hers. Oh! How she had craved kissing Natalie like this. She wanted more. Her heart dropped when the pair of lips departed from hers. Does this mean Natalie likes her too?

"Nat-"

"I'm sorry. I just thought maybe with this kiss I would be able to let you go." Natalie said with a soft smile, her tears were dry.

"Huh?"

"Why would you have to move on? Move on from who?" Chloe blurted out.

"Aren't you in love with Beatrice?" Natalie asked, her voice shaking.

"She has a girlfriend," Chloe said with a confused voice.

Why was Natalie curious? Most importantly didn't Beatrice say that she has a girlfriend already? Besides, did Natalie forget that she still harbors feelings for her?

"I like her as a friend." Chloe continued, fiddling with her fingers.

"I'm still in love with you." Chloe gulped. Her mind was in a real mess. She'd confess for the second time already. Natalie might reject her this time for sure.

Natalie pulled Chloe closer until their lips met. Their lips parted soon after. Chloe was confused about what had just happened. Her ears were burning red, her pulse quickened, and her eyes sparkled.

"I love you too," Natalie answered, shyly and biting her lip.

Chloe's heart burst.

When did Natalie realize that she loved her? There were many questions Chloe wanted to ask Natalie, but foremost she wanted to taste Natalie's lips again. Chloe's breath became heavy, and she felt something wet between her thighs. Shit! Chloe thought.

"Thank you for riding with us." The staff said.

Chloe and Natalie walked out flushed and not to mention really turned-on. Vanessa left a message in their group chat saying that the three of them need to go somewhere. Chloe's and Natalie's face flushed a deep red. It seemed like their friends already knew. Natalie took Chloe's hand and ran towards Chloe's car. Chloe turned on the engine and drove towards Natalie's mansion — without her parents and her sister home.