Chapter 14

Quote of the chapter:

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

– Dalai Lama
__________________________

Here comes the slap. Chloe was bothered as to why Natalie would continue to pretend to like her when she knows completely that the latter hates her. She hoped that Natalie would give her a chance to get close to her and prove that she isn't that cold, well at least towards Natalie.

"What is it?" Chloe asked, trying to hide her nervousness. She already has an idea of what Natalie wants to talk about. Chloe knows how fast gossip gets spread. It's not even been a day yet. Chloe pondered whether to tell Natalie the truth or not. If she did, Natalie would think of her as a liar, after all, she did lie to Natalie about her crush towards Jevon. At that time, she simply wanted to annoy Natalie, and she did from the looks of Natalie's face right now. This is the first time Chloe frankly regrets her actions, she should've lied to her.

"I heard you went to flirt with my Jevon again?" Natalie asked with her arms crossed.

Chloe of course did anticipate that Natalie was going to ask that. She is wrecking her brain either to tell Natalie the truth of not. She did already make some stupid choices before and the one she regrets the most is lying to Natalie. She just hopes that Natalie would trust her despite her lie. Well, teasing her for a bit would be fun. Chloe doesn't understand why she wanted to tease Natalie. The way Natalie would focus on Chloe when she's angry makes her really adorable. Chloe unknowingly let out a soft chuckle.

"I guess I'm irresistible," Chloe said with a smug which she doesn't often do.

Natalie's face fell then was full of anger. She pushed Chloe to the wall. Chloe wanted to slap herself again. Why did she provoke Natalie again? She really ought to tell Natalie the truth when she wants to be Natalie's friend.

"I lied!" Chloe shouted in at the spur of the moment. She didn't want Natalie to hate her more than she already has. Chloe admitted that she's rather childish right now. She fully knows that Natalie would get angry, yet she still chose to continue with her lie.

"UGH!" Natalie said as she stumbled and fell towards Chloe. Natalie was hugging her head and was trembling. It's as if Natalie's experiencing some sort of trauma. Chloe felt bad. Her shouting might be the cause of Natalie's trembling. Natalie looks so delicate unlike before that Chloe just wants to protect her from whatever she is experiencing.

"You okay?" Chloe asked, her voice full of emotion.

"Should we go to the hospital?" Chloe asked, her voice cracking. Natalie didn't respond, instead kept her hands covering her ears. Chloe isn't good at communicating with the people, especially comforting others. She decided to do what she mostly does when Brian cries. She hugged Natalie.

"Hey, it's okay. Alright? Everything's going to be fine."

"I'm here." Chloe managed to blurt out. She was in panic mode. She didn't really know how to handle people who are not close to her. Whenever Vanessa or Alice would cry, they would do a group hug.

After a few minutes of hugging, Natalie looked up and their face was close-really close. Chloe examined Natalie's face again and her heart felt a pang. She didn't want to see Natalie cry or be sad.

Slowly, their faces drew closer. Chloe felt a pair of soft lips meet hers. It was very addicting and very very hot. Chloe somehow felt herself wanting more of Natalie's sweet lips. The thought of holding Natalie in her arms made her heart beat faster. Chloe pulls her face away when she realizes that the Natalie she's smooching has a boyfriend. It would be like cheating. Natalie was cheating with her and she was never the kind of person to do that. Natalie wanted more of Chloe's soft lips. After catching her breath, she leads in once more and deepens the kiss. Chloe follows Natalie's lead. Natalie bit Chloe's lower lip which made Chloe really turned on and somehow a moan came out from her mouth. Chloe's moan turned Natalie on. Intoxicating. Natalie thought. Natalie was surprised when Chloe licked her bottom lip asking for entrance. Oh God. Natalie's legs were getting weak.

After a few more of Chloe's licking her bottom lip, Natalie opened her mouth and then fireworks exploded when she met Chloe's tongue. Both of them were fighting for dominance, finally, Chloe let Natalie take over her, and Natalie's touch entered Chloe's mouth. It was warm and sexy. Her hand landed on Chloe's waist, then started to explore Chloe's back. Chloe moaned which turned Natalie on again. Her lips then trailed to Chloe's left ear. Licking her earlobe and making Chloe quite wet, Natalie then moved on to the neck of Chloe. Kissing it delicately. She knew Chloe was enjoying their make-out session when Chloe grabbed a fistful of Natalie's hair gently. Who could have known that this Ice Queen's such a bottom? Unable to stop herself, Natalie bit Chloe's neck next and gave it kisses. Natalie didn't even hesitate to also leave a mark on Chloe's neck. They pulled apart shortly trying to catch their breath. Crap. Did we just make out? Chloe's eyes widened which made Natalie's heart feel a pang and felt quite sad.

"Uh." Chloe only managed to blurt out.

Natalie was surprised when she saw Chloe's cheeks redden which made her blush too. It looks like the Ice queen might like her more than she thinks. She did think that Chloe was getting nicer to her each day. Her fingers were still tingling from the touch.

"Um. Thanks for bringing me home last Friday." Natalie said who was now playing with her jeans.

Chloe didn't respond and only nodded, still blushing. What on Earth just happened? They only stared at each other. She felt her heart beating faster. What is happening? Natalie thought. Her phone suddenly rang which broke their moment. Natalie answered her phone right away.

"Honey we're home. I've missed you so much." Natalie's father said.

"Me too daddy. I've missed you too. Is mummy with you too?" Natalie asked, happily.

"Alright, honey. You better go home now. Love you."

"Love you too," Natalie said, finally hanging up.

"I need to go home now," Natalie said.

Chloe nodded and followed Natalie outside of school. When they reached outside, there was a Tesla Model X outside waiting for Natalie. She felt quite guilty for her sudden outburst on Chloe and decided to give her a lift home.

"I could give you a lift." Natalie offered.

"Thank you," Chloe said who has now composed herself.

The ride home was silent that even the driver was fidgeting. Chloe wasn't going to complain if the whole ride is silent. They did make out accidentally. Chloe wanted more than she thinks. It's as if she was falling for Natalie, and this is the worst possible thing that could happen. Natalie was already with Jevon. She then remembered that their conversation was cut a while ago. Telling Natalie the truth would be the best, especially knowing that she made out with Natalie while letting the latter think that she likes Jevon.