Chapter 2

Quote for the chapter:

"Life is too short to waste for none, so don't forget to have fun."

- Luisa Cai
____________________________________

"Well, you're here to assist me. You don't have a choice."

"Come on Chloe. Just accept it. Just for this year come on." Vanessa begged.

Chloe knows all well that that specific event scared Vanessa. Vanessa would pretty much rather fail a class rather than face an angry Natalie again. Chloe was sure that Natalie hates her and tries to let it out to Vanessa since Vanessa's easy-to-talk to compared to her. There's one time when Natalie shoved Chloe when she got mad. It was also Chloe's fault for spilling milk all over Natalie, and worse she forgot to apologize. She didn't really care for the feelings of others since she pretty much couldn't understand others, but of course, she still has her values. She was just too surprised that she spilled milk on Natalie's top. The moment she was about to apologize, she was shoved instead. And to make matters worse, she glared at Natalie. Ever since that day, both would try to avoid each other—well mostly her.

"That's why I'm the president." Chloe sighed.

"I don't even see why our prestigious school even requested that the students aren't allowed to use their parents' money for their needs? No wonder I was put in charge by the principal." Chloe shook her head.

"Let's be honest. You're the only one who can refuse a budget increase request by the cheerleading team. Why else do you think it reached fifty thousand per year when there are only eight members?" Alice said, now looking at them.

cheerleading team; moreover, they wanted to avoid any more trouble so they approved the budget increase since the team did get first runner ups for the previous year. Chloe on the other hand didn't find it sensible to increase the budget. Although she might reconsider if the team has won the championship the previous year.

"I'm hella glad that you're the president. The whole cheerleading team is glaring at you like your satan himself. You got it worse than me. I do wonder what they do with that money of theirs. Most of their parents are also rich. Only ten percent are granted discounts and stuff. Like you and me." Vanessa said, pointing at Chloe.

Unlike Vanessa and Chloe, Alice comes from a rich bakery family business. Though still not rich compared to the others especially the Hugheses and the Smiths. Years ago, Alice's family weren't that rich either. It was only when Alice reached thirteen years old did her family business soared high. That is also one reason why Chloe is opposed to the budget increase. These rich kids don't understand how valuable and important money is. Since Hidget Academy is strict with money expenditures, Chloe has vowed that she wouldn't allow money to be uselessly spent and since the students aren't allowed to use their own money for club activities, they should learn a two or more about the world and how not everyone is as lucky as them.

"Our school does pride itself with honesty and simplicity. They wouldn't want the students to just flex their money."

This is one of the reasons why Chloe chose Hidget Academy's scholarship offer instead. Although the school is small and is composed of wealthy students, they still strive to instill honesty and simplicity to their students. Unlike other schools where they only know how to boast about their wealth. Hidget Academy would rather boast their achievements. Many honest and kid billionaires graduated from Hidget Academy, and because of that, many would want to enroll here; however, upon seeing the rules of the school many would also back out. Only students whose parents forced them to enroll or those students who accepted the rules were the ones who enrolled. Even with the rules of the school many still dress to break it, and that is why the student council was born a hundred years ago.