Chapter 26

Quote for the chapter:

"Because what's worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?"
- James Patterson

I've been swamped these past few weeks. Despite not being able to update last week, thank you for waiting!!

_________________________________

Chloe just nodded and continued to bite off her sandwich. She watched Natalie and her friends getting along. Of course they would. Chloe thought. Vanessa used to have a small talk with Natalie even before she started to open up to Natalie. In retrospect, Chloe discovered that it was partly her fault. She never really bothered with the opinions of anyone. She much rather have her own self as company instead being in the company of teenaager who were judgemental. Chloe knew that she couldn't really blame them. She watched a documentary wherein, teenagers in general when growing up would like to fit in and avoid being themselves. Chloe found that quite foolish and tragic since why live if you can't live being true to yourselves. Chloe has known that she didn't quite fit in with the average teenagers. They call her too serious. Maybe they are right, but Chloe enjoyed being serious. She was thankful for her father, in raising her to be more courageous. Unlike others who were bullied for their uniqueness—that's how Chloe calls it, she was feared and avoided, which in her perspective was the better option. She smiled to herself. It's funny how that incident at the party of Jevon made such a difference.

"Someone's thinking of something lewd." Vanessa said as she drank her milk. Chloe glared at Vanessa. She didn't like how Vanessa is teasing her right now. She wasn't thinking of something lewd at least not now.

Alice slapped Vanessa's thigh which caused her to jump up slightly from her seat. Vanessa pouted since Alice took Chloe's side. Natalie laughed which Chloe thought was angelic. Chloe admittedly hated how Natalie is occupying her thoughts every single day, and sometimes even at night.

"I never thought you three were so interesting." Natalie said as she crossed her legs.

"You're welcome." Vanessa said with a bright smile and did a bow gesture while seated.

Chloe ate the last bit of her sandwich. She opened her milk and took a sip of it. Natalie has a point. Vanessa's teasing did make it a tad fun. Chloe's personal favorite would be when Alice takes her side and smack some sense into Vanessa.

"Can I have a taste of your milk darling?" Natalie asked as her fingers touched Chloe's and snatched the milk from Chloe's hand. Natalie's lips touched the plastic straw while licking the tip after she took a sip. Just thinking about the indirect kiss, made Chloe's ears redden.

"It's delicious." Natalie said.

Chloe looked down as she tried to calm the loud beating of her heart. She is disgusted at how she is being such a silly romantic right now. She looked up immediately after battling her heart to stop being so loud and saw Natalie minding her own business while Vanessa and Alice had their eyebrows rise in surprise with their mouths opened slightly. Chloe cleared her throat and her friends flinched. Natalie stood up and bid goodbye to them and walked away towards the lockers. Vanessa was smirking widely. Chloe is sure that they'll definitely have a long talk later on.

"Don't bail on us later on." Vanessa said. The three of them got up from their seat soon after.

***

Chloe was walking to the student council room. Classes have been draining for her considering that her thoughts recently were circulating around Natalie no matter how strongly she tried not to. As of right now, Chloe was having a difficult time dismissing the urge to call Natalie. Chloe told herself that her fascination towards Natalie needs to stop. Friends don't act the way she acts around Natalie. She wondered if Natalie has practice right now. Knowing it's Coach Samuel, he'll give the team a one week break before practicing again for the sports tournament. She sighed and went inside the student council room. Went in, as usual Vanessa's ass is already here ready for gossip.