Chapter 49

Quote for the chapter:

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed. "

-Friedrich Nietzsche

_________________________________

They sat beside each other while Sarah and Felicia sat across them. They were having duck breast with pomegranate citrus glaze with some salad on the side served to them. Chloe was bewildered at how fancy the food being served to her is. It's the same as when she had visited before. The steak Natalie and she ate was screaming fancy from the plate.

Natalie's thighs and hers seemed to be brushing each other often tonight. Although Chloe's heart was dancing out of joy, her arousal won't be needed tonight. Her breathing became heavy and her pulse was racing. She gulped and stuffed a piece of duck breast inside her mouth. Natalie's thigh was still creasing hers. Chloe cursed her dirty mind inside.

" Chloe, I've heard a lot about you from my eldest." Natalie's father said.

My savior!

"I wonder what it may be," Chloe said, calmly.

"I'm William Hughes. Nice to meet you. Back to the subject, I heard that you are quite famous at Oxford." William Hughes said with a soft smile.

"I have no before she mentioned it to me," Chloe said.

"Humble I see. I approve!" William said with a smile and looked at his wife and his eldest daughter.

Natalie's and Chloe's eyebrows shoot up. They had no idea what the other three were thinking, but Chloe was sure it must be about them. Had Felicia told their parents about her being in love with Natalie? Hopefully not, then again, Natalie and she had no idea what the three were doing.

They chatted the entire dinner. William seemed to be offering Chloe a position in his company after she graduated from Oxford. It also seems that their main office is located in London — near Oxford. William planned to teach Chloe and to train her to take over the company since both of his daughters decided to not follow his path. Chloe wondered if Natalie's father planned to sell some of his company's shares to her. Natalie didn't seem to mind. It seems like her future is already secured.

After dinner, Natalie's family seems to be leaving the tow of them by themselves. Chloe wondered whether Natalie's family hated her. They were friendly a while ago. Maybe they were just busy.

Chloe and Natalie sat on the bed while Natalie opened the huge television. The music video of Always Holding On by Justin Heiver was playing.

"There's a feeling

That I've kept thinking

Like you'll be gone

If I don't hold on"

As the song plays, Chloe gulped and her palms were sweaty. She didn't have to connect every song to Natalie. Her brain must be playing games with her. It's as if her brain was wired to think about Natalie every single minute. What shocked me the most is when Natalie slid her hand on top of hers and started to intertwine their fingers together.

"But don't you worry

Don't you worry.

Cuz I'll be holding on

I'll be holding on

Till this love blooms

I'll always hold on"

Chloe's eyes widened. Natalie must have feared that she might leave her someday. No matter what Chloe won't even after Natalie rejects her. She might need some space but she won't be able to avoid Natalie forever. She loves Natalie and of course, she's still her friend. No one wants a friend to avoid them. Chloe moved her hand away from Natalie.

"You don't have to force yourself," Chloe said, looking at Natalie with sincere eyes.

"Were you thinking about her when you sang the song?" Natalie blurted out, lips pressing into a thin line.

Chloe was confused, not understanding what Natalie meant.

"Who?" Chloe asked.

"Her. Beatrice," Natalie answered, clenching her shirt.

"Huh? Why would I?" Chloe said, honestly.

"Then who is it about — for you to go out of your way to tell me it's not about me," Natalie answered, clenching her teeth.

Chloe felt extremely guilty. If she didn't tell Natalie that it's about her, the misunderstanding would continue. At this rate, it might worsen. She couldn't understand why Natalie was so persistent regarding who the song was meant for. Did she perhaps sing the song with such emotions?

Chloe breathed deeply.

"It's you. Well, the first part since — well — obviously you don't like me that way — well — not yet. Honestly, Jevon's the one who picked the song." Chloe said, playing with her fingers.

Natalie blushed. She misunderstood Chloe. She clearly thought that Chloe was implying to Beatrice.

"Wait — why Beatrice?" Chloe asked. What did she miss? Why was Beatrice suddenly dragged into the conversation?

"Vanessa and Alice told me and — well — I also saw you kissing Beatrice and left with her. There's only one thing people would have thought. You and her doing it." Natalie answered.

Chloe's brain stopped working. Did she clearly just hear that the three of her friends thought she left the party to bang someone else? Did she not make it clear to Natalie that she'll only be pursuing her? She felt a little disappointed, but of course, she couldn't blame them. She also didn't clarify and explained it to them; moreover, she answered well when they asked. She mentally facepalmed herself.

"No, we were just talking," Chloe answered.

"About?"

"You," Chloe answered.

"UGH! Vanessa and Alice really. They can't misunderstand that, shit! I should let them know that I only have my eyes on you." Chloe said as she stood up and called them one by one explaining how they misunderstood the situation and that she only loved Natalie. Heck! She'd only have sex with Natalie and not any other girl.

Natalie's face flushed red hot as Chloe kept on rambling about how she only loves her. She should have known better than to doubt Chloe. She did make it clear to her. Now she has to suffer the consequences — well — not really. She did like to hear Chloe proclaiming her love to her. It was just too embarrassing to hear. She could imagine Chloe's face hot red and her brain out-of-function for a while out of embarrassment — not that she won't enjoy seeing such adorable expressions of Chloe's.

For the rest of the night, what Natalie predicted actually happened. The room filled with silence after that, but it wasn't an uncomfortable kind. They took turns taking a shower. Chloe wore what Natalie had made and loved it. When she smelt the scent of Natalie's on the nightgown. She felt her heart racing. She inhaled an abundant amount of air on the nightgown, then blushing deeply after. They went to sleep later on with their hands intertwined.