Chapter 31

Quote for the chapter:

"Love is like a mirror that reflects your bad side. Especially when it's unrequited, you get envious, jealous, prejudiced, and resentful. You have to face all sorts of emotions, but there's no reason to find that shameful."

 – Margery Daw

_________________________________

The doorbell rang and Chloe went to open the door to find Natalie who smelled like vanilla which Chloe had grown to love. Natalie had her hair in a ponytail. Chloe did like the signature look of Natalie better although the messy bun looks sexier to her. Natalie wore a white tube crop top complemented by denim outerwear and a pair of black jeans, a basic outfit for every day. Chloe was in awe at how beautiful Natalie is looking. Natalie went in for a hug which she reciprocated and let Natalie in.

Brian was running towards them with a huge grin hugging Natalie's bare stomach which he could only manage to reach. Brian unwrapped his arms from Natalie's bare stomach and raced to meet his parents. Chloe felt a pang of jealousy crept inside her heart. She bit the side of her cheek. Natalie chuckled and hugged her again, this time pushing her bare stomach towards Chloe to feel the soft bare stomach of hers. How Chloe wished that she didn't have the piece of clothing on her so she could feel the smoothness of Natalie's stomach. Chloe blushed bright red. Her heart rate was going up, fast. She wondered if Natalie did it with intentions and if Natalie was flirting with her. Chloe's heartbeat dropped drastically when she saw her mother winking at her. Natalie unwrapped her arms around Chloe and walked past her. Natalie greeted Annie and Harvey while also thanking them for inviting her to join them. Annie smiled sweetly at Natalie while telling her that she's welcome anytime. Chloe narrowed her eyes at the sight of her mother saying things that are making Natalie laugh. She suspects that her mother is up to something. Harvey on the other hand thanked Natalie with a faint smile for hanging out with Chloe and wished that she would stay over more often since Chloe has been conversing with them more often after Chloe has met her. Natalie smiled sweetly leaving Chloe curious as what had her parents told Nalatie to make her smile like that. Well, at least that means that her parents like Natalie, who wouldn't?

Chloe's phone buzzed while her parents were getting ready and making sure that they haven't forgotten anything. Chloe picked her phone and looked at the screen. Vanessa messaged their group, mentioning her.

Vanessa: Hope you recovered already darling ;)

Vanessa: I missed teasing you. The party's a blast!

Chloe scoffed. Typical Vanessa, of course, it's the teasing part. She found Vanessa very amusing. She replied to Vanessa.

Chloe: I'm fine. I don't miss you.

Vanessa: Be sure to pursue her, Miss Ice Queen ;))

Chloe rolled her eyes and was about to put her phone away when someone replied again. She wondered if it's Vanessa again, but she choked at her saliva which made Natalie turn her head towards her. She smiled at Natalie insisting that she's alright. Natalie smiled back and went back to play with Brian.

Alice: Natalie was gone after she asked us about you. Did she visit you?

Chloe didn't want to lie to her friends. She sighed heavily and hoped that she wouldn't regret telling her friends that truth. Chloe resorted to replying with the shortest answer possible.

Chloe: Yes.

Chloe shoved her smartphone into her jeans and walked over to Natalie and Brian. Natalie was telling Brian the story about Snow White. It seemed that Brian likes that story. He adored Snow White bravery for escaping into the woods, out of her comfort zone.

" Big sis Chloe. Big sis Natalie told me that Prince Florian is thirty years old. Is that true?" Brian asked with a terrified face. Chloe wondered what her brother is thinking that is making him so terrified.

" He is. Why? Did Big sis Natalie scare you?" Chloe said while Natalie chuckled when Chloe called her big sis.

Brian hugged Chloe tightly. Chloe was confused by her brother's actions. He pulled away with a sad face.

" But- but- Snow white's only fourteen. It's wrong. I hate him! Big sis Chloe, I'll protect you from guys like Prince Florian!" Brian declared.

Natalie laughed so hard. Chloe smiled at how cute his brother is, acting heroically. When she was a child, she also loved the story of Snow White, but when she discovered the age of the prince, she loved it less. It's similar to pedophilia. How is it acceptable for a fourteen-year-old to be kissed and married off to a thirty-one-year-old like that? Snow White isn't even legal yet. Then, she remembered that years ago, people married early, and marrying someone older is acceptable at that time. Chloe smiled and ruffled Brian's hair.

"Thank you. Love you too." Chloe said.

Brian beamed and wrapped her armed around him tightly again. Brian looked so happy as he unwrapped his arms around her. Brian ran across the living room and towards their parents shouting, " Big sis said I love you! Big sis said I love you!"

Chloe realized that she's never told her family right from her mouth that she loves them. Natalie hugged her then smiled. It looks like she's changing after all. If it were her before, those words would have never been uttered from her mouth. Natalie wrapped her arm around Chloe's neck.

" Your brother fancy you, doesn't he darling?" Natalie said.

Chloe rolled her eyes. As much as she likes Natalie, she was worried about what she had told her brother to make him so terrified, it turns out that it's not even that big of a deal, well, obviously to her brother it is. She felt proud of Brian. He'll be a fine gentleman one day.

" Don't go scaring my brother like that." Chloe eyed Natalie.

Natalie just laughed it off, and boy was her laugh so lovable. Now that Chloe has heard of Natalie's laugh many times today, she came to be fond of it. It wasn't quite lady-like, it's the opposite actually, but she didn't care.

They hopped in the car. Harvey's on the driver's seat while Annie's on the passenger's seat beside Harvey. Chloe, Natalie, and Brian took the backseats. Chloe sat on the left near the window. She expected Brian to sit beside her, in the middle seat but was surprised that Brian let Natalie sit beside her instead. Brian has always liked the middle seat ever since he was little. Chloe ignored her brother's gesture. Either their mother told Brian to do that or Brian's becoming a cheeky brat.

" Natalie, dear. We're going to a place similar to Unser Karting that has a kid's section today. You're fine with that right?" Annie said.

" Yes of course. That would be fun. I haven't tried one of those before." Natalie said.