Chapter 10

Quote of the chapter:

"Your simple hi causes me to smile, how I hope you could be mine."

-Luisa Cai
__________________________

Chloe wrecked her head and finally decided that she needs to show up at the party as planned. Everyone in the student council was coming. Her friends and she decided to meet outside Jevon's gigantic house or rather a mansion. The village was big and has a fancy side to it. There was a big gate separating Jevon's mansion from the road. It's like a fairytale house. When her friends finally arrived, they went inside the gate and were met with a beautiful garden path leading to the front door. Everyone's eyes were on them, more specifically, on Chloe.

"The icy president is here?" Some students said.

Chloe never likes people butting into her business. It's not like she wanted to be the Ice Queen. That's just how she is, her freaking personality. Chloe sighed. Her father has gone through worse than her. Unlike her who was avoided, her father was bullied partly because he tried to be nice when she was still in high school. It all changed when he entered college. He stopped being nice and just became more himself.

"So it's true. I saw Jevon personally inviting her to this party."

They were not wrong. Jevon did invite her to the party; however, how is that something worth a gossip? Chloe couldn't understand these people. Is it that scandalous having someone invite you to a party? They surely know that Jevon is dating Natalie. Upon the thought of that, Chloe felt herself frowning. She didn't like the idea of them dating. How funny is that? She wrote a love letter to Jevon, now hates him. Besides, she did forget the contents of the letter. She could only hope it's not something cringy.

"Holy fuck. Our president's not that icy after all."

Finally, someone gets it. She's not that icy as they thought she is. She just has a hard time conveying others what is in her mind. Well, sometimes being feared by others does have its perks. People take you seriously compared to being friendly of course Natalie's an exception, she could be bitchy at times.

"But she didn't act any different towards Jevon. Maybe she's shy."

This made Chloe's eyebrows made a distraught triangle but decided to not comment anything. After all, it was fun hearing gossips about herself. She must admit that she does find it amusing to hear gossip about herself. Vanessa and Alice would sometimes laugh about all the gossip about her. There was even a rumor that says one could turn into stone when they stare at her eyes. It wasn't entirely true. The guy, who made her angry and saw her glare, was too frightened to move.

"Natalie versus Chloe. Holy hell, tonight's gonna be spectacular. Who do you think would win?"

"I'll bet on Natalie. She's nice but a total bitch when angry."

"I bet on our Pres. She's one hella, ice queen."

Chloe couldn't comprehend how some people enjoy other people slicing each other's throat. She tried not to let it bother her. Besides, she didn't care about Jevon anymore. It's more like she wants to get to know Natalie more rather than chase some dude. She still has her pride and by doing the chasing it would crush her pride.

"Don't mind them, Chloe," Alice said.

"I don't mind," Chloe said, icily.

"It'll be fun though," Vanessa said with bright eyes.

Alice elbowed Vanessa. Sometime's Vanessa's jokes are really out of hand not that Chloe cared much. Vanessa is having fun teasing her. There won't be anything to bet about when she's not one bit interested in Jevon. She wondered what she should do to make Natalie's hatred for her lessen. One step at a time isn't so bad at all. Chloe smiled at herself. They reached the front door and were met with a dreamy and smiling Jevon. The girls inside and even outside were checking out Jevon's physic. Not Chloe, she was trying to search for a certain blonde. She might get a chance to have a drink with the blonde.