Chapter 28

Quote for the chapter:

"The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another's little lapses."

 — David Storey

NEWS:

So I wanted to shoot my shot for Wattys2021. Hopefully, this story will be eligible. With this, expect faster and more updates. Better grab your snacks along as you read. I'll be posting more chapters in lightning speed.

_________________________________

Natalie grabbed Jevon and excused both of them away from Nick. Natalie needs to know what's going on. If her friend were indeed gay, she needs to break things off with their pretend dating just for her. She didn't want her friend to date in secret because of her. She needs to grow some balls and face her problems. Things have been quiet these days. She never had any sudden outbursts. Natalie leads Jevon to a hidden balcony that only people who have been here often know. Natalie crossed her arms, eyebrow arched.

"Keeping secrets, Jevon?" Natalie asked.

Jevon fidgeted and he creased the back of his neck out of nervousness. It's not often Natalie has seen this side of Jevon, and the reason would usually upset her. Natalie sighed. Every time Jevon did that, it never ended well. There was once where Jevon kept it a secret that her only dog died because Jevon accidentally fed her dog too many chocolates every day that killed the dog. They were eight at that time and the dog was given to her as a birthday present by her father when she was only five. It seemed stupid reason, but her dog was the only thing that reminded her of her parents since they were often swamped. Her sister was there but she also has a life outside of the home. There was also that time where Jevon kept it a secret that a friend of Natalie's was backstabbing her and was only using her for money.

"I'm sorry for keeping it a secret. He's a friend of mine that turned out to be the product of my father's sperm donation." Jevon said.

Natalie did not anticipate that. She thought that maybe into Nick, but it turns out to be his half-sibling in away. No wonder Nick's charming smile felt familiar. She never heard Mr. Smith mention any of that to her. It's not any of her business but since it's Jevon's it should also be hers.

" I was just really excited to tell you that I forgot to mention it. I asked my dad and he confirmed that he did donate sperm to his friend in New York before. He didn't think it would be a big deal not telling me about it. I tell you! I have a stepbrother, kinda. Did you know that he was raised by two lesbians? And he's half Chinese! Damn, how could my step sibling have such an interesting life while I'm — well — here stuck with you." Jevon fake sighed.

Natalie slapped his shoulder and laughed. She was worried about nothing. At this point, she just wanted to punch him or hug, and congratulate him at the same time. Jevon really played her this time.

" You got me worried for nothing. I thought you were dating him and still tried to continue this with me. I don't want you to suffer because of me." Natalie said real fast. Jevon just laughed so hard. She knows that Jevon's pansexual, he doesn't really care who he dates as long as he likes that person. Jevon hugged her.

"Damn, if I like someone I would've told you." Jevon grinned.

"But you honey, are keeping something from me." Jevon put his hands on his hips and tried to sound hurt.

Natalie felt as if like a child caught doing something bad. Jevon knew her too well. He would laugh again at her if she told him that she's getting fascinated and smitten with Chloe.

"Fine you got me. I think I'm quite smitten with Chloe. I'm not sure yet, but she is — towards me. " Natalie said as she played with her skirt again.