Chapter 51

Quote for the chapter:

"When you fall in love with someone, you start wanting to know lots of things about that person." 

– Ninako Kinoshita

_________________________________

Chloe held on to the bar in front of her tightly. Beatrice was laughing at her. Chloe reciprocated with a glare which only made Beatrice laugh harder. When the ride started, Chloe and Alice screamed as if they had seen a ghost. Beatrice laughed harder. Chloe swore she's gonna smack Beatrice later.

After the ride, Chloe still kept on glaring at Beatrice while the latter just kept on laughing.

"Why's she angry?" Vanessa asked.

Alice had a huge grin on her face. She felt proud of being able to survive a roller coaster ride. She hasn't felt this kind of excitement since before. When she was young, she threw up riding the roller coaster on time, and ever since then she's been avoiding them. Alice felt proud of herself.

Vanessa and Natalie pursed their lips together trying to not burst into laughter. Vanessa told her about how Alice looked when she was screaming a while ago, apparently her nostrils would widen and her neck shrinking close to her shoulders. Alice smacked Vanessa again. What is this troublemaker up to again? They met up with Chloe and Beatrice. Chloe who was glaring at Beatrice while the other was laughing.

"Come on. I'm sorry." Beatrice pleaded.

Chloe didn't answer and crossed her arms. She swore she'd smack Beatrice — well, she did but Beatrice just laughed harder and smacked her back. Chloe is acting so childish right now, unlike how she usually acts.

"It's your expression, it's super funny." Beatrice laughed again, remembering Chloe's expression.

"Hey, you're the one so eager to see me," Beatrice said and attacked Chloe with a hug.

Natalie pursed her lips.

Chloe felt embarrassed. Many people were looking at them. She swears that Beatrice would be the end of her then she saw Beatrice winking at her. Chloe sighed and rolled her eyes. She was thankful to Beatrice for cheering her up. Beatrice and she often called each other. Bea would always tell her stories about her experience with girls. Chloe couldn't even count how many times she rolled her eyes already. Bea somehow always finds herself attracted to straight girls who would just like to experiment with their preference. But latelyAva, her best friend who recently just broke up with her boyfriend, was especially flirty with Bea. Chloe almost choked that day. She was honestly happy for Bea. Chloe also talked to Bea about Natalie, and honestly, Bea became the gay friend of Chloe who she could talk to about girls. Besides, Bea's an older girl who has past experiences, that would help her. If she ever was Vanessa, the latter would just tease her.

"Fine. Fine." Chloe said. No wonder Bea was extremely active today. Something must have happened between her and Ava. She needs an update later on.

"That's why I love you," Bea said.

Natalie flinched.

Vanessa and Alice were communicating with their eyes. Natalie's acting weird. Vanessa was just joking a while ago. Besides, she kept an eye on Beatrice — stalking her on social media ever since Chloe explained to them what really happened that night. She was sure that Beatrice only treats Chloe as a friend.

"How about we grab lunch?" Alice interjected the silence and Natalie's death glare towards Beatrice that Chloe and the target itself failed to notice.

"I agree with Alice. Besides, I don't think we'll be riding many rides with the two of us around." Vanessa joked and earned her two glares.

They settled down by a food truck. Despite various kinds of restaurants, the food truck choice won. Vanessa wanted pasta while Alice wanted Indian food. Chloe interjected and opted for a burger choice. Natalie of course agreed right away, and with the help of Beatrice — the majority wins.

The food truck was doing quite well. Beatrice offered to order their food in their place. The food truck serves only one burger — their famous cheeseburger. Fries and nachos could be ordered too as sides. Natalie's eyes sparkled when Beatrice came back with their burgers. Chloe smiled. It was worth it. She noticed Natalie's mood dropping a while ago; nothing a burger can't do.

"Here." Beatrice handed a small salad to Chloe.

"Thanks! I didn't know they sell salads." Chloe answered as she excitedly received her salad from Beatrice accidentally touching the latter's fingers.

"Thank you for buying the burgers," Natalie said with a stiff smile.

"Yeah, thanks, Bea," Vanessa said as she stuffed the burger in her mouth. Alice mentally facepalmed and handed Vanessa a tissue paper.

The burger was larger than an average burger. It was also juicy, complemented with fresh tomatoes. The salad was fine. Chloe didn't particularly like the taste. It must have been because the food trucks didn't sell them. Beatrice must have requested for one. She thanked Beatrice again before she took a bite of her burger. The juice from the meat just burst in her mouth with a sweet yet salty the way Chloe likes it. The sauce complements the meat and the tomato just balanced it out.

"Hey, you kinda-" Beatrice said while trying to reach for Chloe's cheeks where a drop of sauce lays.

Chloe blocked Beatrice's hand and licked the sauce from her face.

"Not gonna happen," Chloe said.

Natalie sighed with relief. Beatrice laughed.

"I don't think Ava's going to like it. Besides, aren't you chasing her?" Chloe asked.

Beatrice smirked and winked. "Oh honey, I'm not like you. We're already dating," she said.

Chloe rolled her eyes. Cocky. Unlike her, Beatrice is extremely straightforward. No wonder she got Ava to fall in love with her. Well, they used to be best friends before dating, maybe that's something Natalie and she didn't share.

"You have a girlfriend?" Natalie said, quite loudly in a shocked tone.

"Her name is Ava," Beatrice said, with a proud smile.

"Your first crush too." Chloe teased.

Beatrice rolled her eyes. For the first time, Chloe found Beatrice's weakness which is similar to hers — the person they love. It looks like the flirty sucker of a friend is actually such a puppy towards her girlfriend. Chloe can't wait to know whether her friend is a top or a bottom. She theorized that her friend might actually be a bottom in this case.