Chapter 8

Quote of the chapter:

"Do your thing and don't care if they like it."

- Tina Fey
__________________________

"Hey, Chloe," Jevon said as he suddenly appeared in front of Chloe.

This scene made everyone look at them both curiously. This is the effect of seeing the friendly Jevon and the ever serious Chloe together. Natalie's not going to like this. Chloe was surprised as to why she suddenly thought of the bitchy blonde again. I must be crazy. Chloe was quite surprised by Jevon's sudden appearance. The latter never once showed interest in her, so why now?

She closed her lockers and faced Jevon. Jevon must be so dense as to not notice the attention they are receiving from others. Chloe is considered as an Ice Queen that only the student council members were bold enough to talk to, and not to mention that Jevon didn't even bother to strike up a conversation before. And so suddenly after the tweet about her love letter to Jevon, he decided to approach her. This would tarnish her image as well as Natalie's opinion about her. And here she was, deciding to befriend Natalie. It seems like the universe is playing her because everyone's staring at them.

"So I was wondering if you and your fellow student council would like to join a party at my house this Friday?" Jevon asked.

Jevon is known to host parties. She has never been interested and personally invited. It smells fishy, he must be up to something. Chloe might have a crush on him before, but that doesn't mean she trusts him. After two years of observing Jevon, she found out that Jevon's cunning like her, and she never likes cunning.

"I'll ask them," Chloe said, indifferently that made the other have a second whether Chloe had written the love letter.

Chloe wished that the others would just forget about the love letter. Besides, why the hell is Jevon suddenly acting so friendly towards her? Is it because of the letter? Surely, he doesn't pity her because Chloe never likes people pitying her. Jevon's cunning even under his smile. He must be planning something, and Chloe would be ready for it.

"Don't worry. I told Natalie to behave. Hope to see you guys there." Jevon winked, then walked away.

He was flirting with her. Natalie's not going to like this. Besides, she got more to worry about. So Natalie's going. Why should she care if Natalie's going or not? She did just admit that she wants to get to know the blonde. Just the thought of Natalie's memory made her breath heavy. Was she expecting something? Maybe she should loosen up a bit. Besides, parties aren't that bad, and it's been a long time since she's been at one.

"What was that?" Vanessa said with a smirk.

"Jevon invited us to his party," Chloe said as she grabbed her books from the lockers.

"Let's go and so will you."

"It might be fun."

Chloe shrugged. Why not?

"Chloe." a voice that the three friends recognized.

Upon hearing a voice so familiar, Chloe stiffened. Surely it's not Natalie, she couldn't handle another confrontation after what had just happened before. She didn't know whether to be happy or worried. Sure she found out that she likes the blonde, but receiving a slap won't be fun.

"Morning Natalie," Vanessa said, happily.

"Morning," Alice said.

"Why, good morning to you two," Natalie said with a soft smile.

Natalie then turned to Chloe with a smile and a crooked eyebrow. Chloe's prediction was right. She's pissed. Chloe wanted to blame Jevon for suddenly getting friendly with her. Of course, Natalie's not going to like it.

"No good morning, darling?" Natalie asked.

Chloe's mind is malfunctioning. Darling? Chloe blinked fast thrice trying to process her thoughts. She was sure that Natalie's teasing her. Why else would she call Chloe darling, and why is she even bothered by it. She's just thinking too much into it. It's not like Natalie likes her, heck, Natalie hates her.

"You okay, darling?" Natalie asked.

"She's fine. Natalie. Try calling her name." Vanessa said with a smirk earning an eye roll from Alice.

"You okay, Chloe?" Natalie asked again.

"I'm fine Natalie." Chloe cleared her throat.

Damn, she's nervous. She's thinking too much into this. She has never let anything get into her and has never let anything make her this...nervous.

"No good morning to me?" Natalie asked, teasingly.

She's not a complete bitch after all. Wait what's with that smirk, is she teasing me? Chloe thought. Chloe only hopes that she isn't blushing deep red right now.

"Good morning to you," Chloe said, her ears red from embarrassment.

"As well as to you. I'll stop beating around the bush. Please do stay away from Jevon." Natalie said firmly.

It's not like she was the one who approached first. Jevon was the one suddenly getting friendly with her. Somehow she feels angry and sad. Why is Natalie so much obsessed with Jevon? Besides, Chloe's not the type to steal someone else's boyfriend anyway, and she's surely not interested in Jevon anymore. She wanted to tell Natalie all that, but doing that would lessen the attention Natalie has for her. Besides, she doesn't mind playing with the blonde.

"Natalie. You approached me just for this?" Chloe said as she raised her eyebrow, quite disappointed.

She was indeed disappointed. She had at least hoped that Natalie would explain to her what had happened the day before. It seems like she is deeply mistaken as Natalie was here in front of Chloe telling her to buzz off Jevon.

"Of course. Why else would I have a conversation with you, darling?"

Chloe froze for a second then cleared her throat. It looks like Natalie's back to bitch mode. Chloe sighed and her heart sank unable to understand why Natalie acts this way towards her. Chloe hates herself for caring for Natalie's attitude towards her, but denying won't do her any good.

"Nothing. See you at the party this Friday." Chloe said then walked towards her friends leaving Natalie, and making the latter cross her arms.

Great. Now, she does need to attend the party. She regrets walking away from Natalie, but what choice does she have? She deserves this for being dense towards the feelings of others and unable to express herself properly. Now, Natalie would hate her even more, and her throat began to itch once again.

"I thought you were not interested?" Vanessa asked.

"Now, I am," Chloe said as she opened her phone and texted a message in the student council group chat.