Chapter 16

Quote of the chapter:

"It's not whethet you get knocked down, it's whether you get back up."

- Vince Lombardi
__________________________

After the talk with her parents, Natalie's sure to have a chat with Jevon; however, the latter seems to be avoiding her. Well, it's still a long day. Her first class is AP English, meaning she has the same class as Chloe. Natalie was almost late for her first class today because she had overslept. She dreamed about Chloe and felt fairly wet that night.

Natalie sat near the back of the class. She found eyes wandering to a certain brunette. Chloe sat at the first row making Natalie disappointed that she agreed to exchange seats with a certain red-haired boy who sat beside Chloe. After all the sudden make-out sessions she had with Chloe, they were clearly not enemies. The brunette did admit that she wanted to be friends with her. She wouldn't mind being friends with Chloe; however, she's still quite confused as to why she didn't push Chloe away and vise versa.

Natalie decided to listen in class just to fail miserably. She found herself thinking of Chloe, her soft pink lips, her beautiful eyes, and most importantly how Chloe was able to handle her during her weakest state. Emotions filled her. Could it be Chloe that has made her quite stable? But then, what about Jevon?

It was rather a foolish thought, but the idea of being friends with Chloe wouldn't hurt anyone. Just a week ago, they had been enemies, not literally, but they never got along ever since she slapped Chloe. It all started last year. The cheerleading and the student body have been feuding since five years ago. It all started when both leaders of each team fell in love with the same jock. How stupid it may sound, but for Natalie and Chloe, they have their reasons. Well, Chloe certainly did try to avoid her. After that, she didn't try to befriend Chloe anymore. Not to mention, Chloe is really hard to pursue. Just thinking about it, Natalie's lips curled up. She might be able to woo Chloe in and be smitten with her. Then again, Jevon did try to flirt with Chloe. What is he thinking? Natalie thought. Despite Jevon's friendliness, it's hard to know what on earth is he thinking similar to Chloe.

"Miss Hughes, care to share with the class what you are angry about?" her English professor asked who was now in front of her.

Damn, she was daydreaming too much and didn't notice her professor. Since she knows that the teacher wouldn't make a big deal out of it. She put on her brightest smile.

"Everything is alright, Ma'am."

"As I was saying-"

The professor wouldn't dare to make a big deal out of this. Natalie is an A student after all; moreover, with her family's name, no teacher would dare to cross the line. Of course, Natalie never did try to abuse her power. Every teacher knows that she's very diligent so a rare event like this wouldn't affect her in any way. They also know that this doesn't happen often. Natalie seemed quite troubled especially when she realized that Chloe was wearing a scarf around her neck today. Her cheeks became warmer and unexpectedly she felt suddenly happy.

***

Chloe was glad that Natalie was last than usual today. It was a genius idea that she decided to wear a scarf today. She really should talk with Natalie, and tell her what? Can I date you? Chloe was sure that the growing attractions towards Natalie might become a romantic one. There's no use to deny that she is not sexually attracted to Natalie because it's all true. She was glad that she was able to tell Natalie about the truth. They could be friends as now if Natalie permits, and if she's lucky, she'll be able to get Natalie to fall for her similarly like her dad did to her mother. Of course, Chloe wouldn't want to ask Natalie out yet until she fully knows Natalie and is sure of her attraction towards the latter. It wouldn't be a nice idea if she rushed it.

Chloe initially planned to ask Natalie about the hickey. As much as she wants to ask Natalie if the mark she left on her neck was because Natalie was also into making out Chloe or not, she was determined that the idea of talking to Natalie regarding her hickey might not be a great idea. Just thinking about the hickey made her think of Natalies's lips and her hands around her. She wanted more. Chloe shook her head. What has happened to her? Yearning someone's touch hasn't happened before especially getting bothered that Natalie hasn't attempted to talk to her yet. Natalie's the friendly one. Besides, she's an introvert. She never really liked crowds unless it's purely business. Of course, she was sure of the answer. It's simple. She has started to fall for Natalie Hughes.

"Earth to Chloe," Vanessa said, waving her hand in front of Chloe.

"You still haven't taken a bite of your sandwich," Alice said.

"My bad," Chloe answered.

Chloe took a bite of her sandwich and her thoughts started to drift away. Vanessa raised her eyebrow, believing that something's fishy especially that Chloe was wearing a scarf today. Chloe has never cared about her fashion, not that her fashion sense is awful. Chloe's style is more on a simple blouse or shirt, but never with a scarf.

"So Chloe, you wearing a scarf," Vanessa asked.

Alice seemed to have also noticed it. Chloe almost choked. She cleared her throat and decided to ignore Vanessa's question. If her friends ever find out about her hickey, she would be too embarrassed to tell them the truth. Vanessa would most probably tease her. She got teased when she told her friends about Jevon, but it didn't last since it was clear that it's just simply a small crush. The feelings she has for Natalie are growing and confusing her. It wouldn't end. She knows that her friends don't mean any harm, but she just couldn't. It's as if she is choking if she ever tries to tell them.

"Something's on your neck?" Vanessa said with a grin.

Wrong decision. She should have said something.

"Fashion statement. There are many people wearing scarves right now and it's quite chilly. Besides, I think I'm up for a scarf right now." Chloe said, hoping that her friends wouldn't notice a thing.

"Hmm. It's not like there's a hickey." Alice said nonchalantly.