Chapter 12

Quote for the chapter:

"There are two ways of spreading light. To be a candle or mirror that reflects it." 

– Edith Wharton

_________________________________

Chloe was not in the mood to go to school especially after ignoring the calls of her worried friends. She did text them and told them that she was alright, but knowing her friends, they would question her thoroughly about what happened last Friday night. She could have just lied but she found it hard to lie towards her friends, and not to mention they could tell if she was lying. Years of friendship made that happen. She tried to avoid her friends, too late. She saw Vanessa and Alice marching towards her.

"Where'd you disappeared to last Friday?" Alice said with her hands crossed.

Vanessa had a smirk as if she knew what happened last night. They were now walking towards the student council room.

Chloe was quite unhappy that she didn't even receive thanks from Natalie. They have two classes together yet not even a hello. Chloe herself was quite surprised that she would care. It's because of that damn dream. Besides, Natalie might not even remember what happened last night. She shouldn't ruin her chance of getting close to Natalie and being her friend by getting angry at Natalie. It would just get worse. Chloe sighed and hoped that the butler had told Natalie that she bought her home, this might at least make her hatred towards Chloe lessen.

"Chloe? Earth to Chloe?" Vanessa said, waving at Chloe.

"Sorry? Come again?" Chloe asked. She was far too into her thoughts and didn't hear anything Alice had asked her.

Her friends would definitely feel something not quite right and would pester her for more information.

"Where'd you go last Friday? You were just suddenly gone."

Chloe debated whether to tell her friends the truth or not, but she knows her friends would be able to tell if she was lying or not... It wouldn't be bad to tell them right? It's not like it's a big deal anyway and she trusts her friends.

"I carried Natalie back to her room?" Chloe said calmly as they reached the student council room.

She heated the kettle for her daily tea and sat down on the couch as if she didn't just reveal something important.

"WHY DID YOU KEEP THIS FROM US?!!" Vanessa screamed.

"You and Natalie had sex?" Alice asked, curiously without being discreet.

Chloe's eyes widened and almost choked on her saliva. She would never do that, then again, she recalls the kiss she shared with Natalie. Natalie's soft pink lips, her adorable cute smile, and even when Natalie was crying she looked so pretty. She felt her ears redden.

"I don't do sex-" Chloe managed to utter. She looked down at the floor feeling embarrassed to let her friends see her blushing.

"So you guys made love?" Vanessa said with a smirk.

"Not either. I would never." Chloe quickly defended and looked up at her friends still blushing.

Chloe wanted to scream at herself. She commanded her face to stop blushing, but it looks like it has a mind of its own. Her heart was even beating faster than before. She cursed at herself for being affected by the thoughts of Natalie. They were just supposed to be friends. When did it change?

"Then how come you are blushing so hard?" Vanessa grinned.

Chloe glared at Vanessa. Her friends were curious but decided not to pry, for an angry Chloe is scarier than the devil himself. Her ears are still hot red when she gets up to make tea. After making herself a cup of tea and water for Alice and Vanessa, she sat down on the couch. She reviewed the files. Alice has already completed the letters and has already been signed by the rest of the student council, they just now need the approval of the principal.

"I'll be attending the cheer competition with the cheerleading team next month. Do you want to accompany me? It's on a Saturday." Chloe asked.

Chloe knows that this is a sudden decision, and for many years now, because of the feud between the student council and the cheerleading team, no officer has ever attended the cheer competition. This would be a good chance to befriend Natalie if she were to attend one.

"You can be honest and tell us that you enjoy our company, you know." Vanessa teased.

"She's not good at that, remember?" Alice said back to Vanessa.

"I'll take it as a yes," Chloe said, firmly.

Chloe was having a good mood a moment ago and Vanessa just had to tease her again. Well, that's how they bond. Without Vanessa, it would be boring and without Alice, there would be a fight between her and Vanessa. Chloe remembered when they first met. Vanessa and Alice were terrified of her until the day they saw Chloe getting chummy with a kitten. Chloe blushed so hard that day when she found out that she was kissing the kitten. Vanessa started to tease her about how soft she actually is ever since that day, and Alice would always smack Vanessa whenever she is going too far.

"No smile huh? Come on give us one." Vanessa teased.

Chloe rolled her eyes and worked up her lips to show a little smile. Despite all of this teasing, she loves her friends. It never gets boring with them, especially when Vanessa is teasing her. She probably shouldn't be happy with this.

"Vanessa, give this to the principal," Chloe said.

Vanessa didn't protest and grabbed the letter from Chloe and headed out. Although Vanessa's the vice president, her work is more of an assistant. Since Chloe is never absent, Vanessa has it easy. She does do everything for Chloe whenever she needs help. Five minutes later, there's a sudden knock from the door. Jevon entered with a smile. It seems like he was about to head to his training.

"Mind I come in?"

Chloe finds his presence unnecessary and annoying but doesn't know why. She just doesn't like him near her, especially when rumors might pop out of nowhere and her chance of befriending Natalie would be at stake. She wonders if Jevon is planning something. He never did want to get close to her before so why now?

"You're already in," Chloe said, coldly.

"You're not wrong there." Jevon laughed.

"What takes you here? It's not about me right?" Chloe said.

"Actually, it is," Jevon said shyly with a smile as he walked forward Chloe.

There were gasps from the students outside. Jevon was sly enough to leave the door open for gossipers. Chloe glares at him whilst trying to calm herself down. She might actually for the first time slap someone if he doesn't get the sign that Chloe doesn't want him near her. Jevon gave Chloe a peck on the cheek in which Chloe stepped back quickly as a reaction.

"What's the meaning of this?" Chloe said with a nasty glare.

"You're supposed to have a crush on me right? Why aren't you happy?" Jevon asked.

Chloe wanted to slap the egoistic bastard. Jevon already has Natalie and she wants to befriend Natalie. If words get out, Natalie's eyes would flare of hatred and she wants to avoid that. She should have told Natalie that she didn't have any interest in Jevon anymore. She actually never planned to confess and only wrote the letter on a whim. She wished that Natalie would break up with Jevon, she deserves better than a flirty boyfriend. After what Jevon has said, she wondered what she found in him. Jevon is friendly and easy to talk to, but of course, Chloe values loyalty the most and Jevon is far from loyal.